Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-11-20, 17:09)cscott1 Wrote: Brilliant service add-on. I have recently just discovered it and have it setup with all my api's and Trakt. After going through the settings I don't see an option to show items only from my library. Is that possible for example if I wanted to make a widget of trending TV shows using either TMDb or Trakt lists. For my application it does me little good to see shows that are not in my library so I would prefer to only see the top 10 shows that are in my library.

Not really possible unfortunately (at least not without doing some convoluted things). The problem is that TMDb forces pagination of lists to be 20 items, so you'd only end up with a the subset of those first 20 items that are also in your library. For instance, if only one of the top 20 trending shows was also in your library then you'd end up with a list of 1 item and a next page.

It'd involve pulling multiple requests and iterating over the items and repeating the process to try to find a full list of items - which could end up as quite costly time wise and would also need its own special code to handle.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-11-21, 16:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2