Hide icon in ListItem to give more space to label and label 2
Hi,

I'm using the xmbcgui.ListItem in a dialog to show a list of videos but I would like to hide the icon to give more space to the description. Is there any way to do that?
This is a screenshot of the current dialog and the code to call the dialog:

Code:

items.append(xbmcgui.ListItem(label = label, label2 = label2))
resp = dialog.select(string_load(30309), items, useDetails = True)

Thanks.
Not with useDetails=True
Either you use useDetails=False and get a simple list with only labels, or you use useDetails=True and have icon, label, and label2.

If you want to hide the icon in the detailed list, the only option is to edit the skin and only show the icon if !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Icon)
That dialog is DialogSelect.xml and the details list is the container with ID=6
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-04-15, 00:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Not with useDetails=True
Either you use useDetails=False and get a simple list with only labels, or you use useDetails=True and have icon, label, and label2.

If you want to hide the icon in the detailed list, the only option is to edit the skin and only show the icon if !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Icon)
That dialog is DialogSelect.xml and the details list is the container with ID=6

Hi @jurialmunkey . Thanks for your answer. To be honest, I've never done any skin development so I'm not sure I understand what I have to do. I found the DialogSelect.xml (I'm using your skin after all) but there I don't get what I need to add. Actually, would it make sense to integrate this modification in your skin or would it break your design?
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide icon in ListItem to give more space to label and label 20