Modifying Includes_OSD.xml for bigger album artwork
I've been fiddling with this file, attempting to get the album artwork bigger and centered on the screen to look more like Spotify or Tidal. I've modified the following:

<include name="OSD_Music_Info_Image_Square">
        <param name="side" default="OSD_LeftSide" />
        <definition>
            <control type="group">
                <bottom>view_pad</bottom>
                <include>$PARAM[side]</include>
                <width>218</width>
                <height>218</height>
                <control type="image">
                    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
                    <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableShadows)">Defs_Shadow_24</include>
                    <texture diffuse="diffuse/square-musicosd.png">$INFO[$PARAM[artwork]]</texture>
                </control>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

To this:

<param name="side" default="OSD_LeftSide" />
        <definition>
                <control type="group">
                <include>$PARAM[side]</include>
                <top>100</top>
                <width>640</width>
                <height>640</height>
                <control type="image">
                    <aspectratio scalediffuse="true">scale</aspectratio>
                    <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableShadows)">Defs_Shadow_24</include>
                    <texture diffuse="diffuse/square-musicosd.png">$INFO[$PARAM[artwork]]</texture>
                </control>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

And managed to get it to look like this:

How can I get the album artwork centered? I've tried adding <left>, <right> and <align>center</align> but they don't seem to do anything. Any ideas?
Try looking at how it's done in Arctic Horizon, which already has the look you are trying to achieve.
(2020-08-26, 18:34)FXB78 Wrote: Try looking at how it's done in Arctic Horizon, which already has the look you are trying to achieve.

Wow, that was so ridiculously easy.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Now I just need to figure out what to edit to have the song title and album information centered.
You can center align text by adding an <align>center</align> tag to the label control.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hello

I am also interested in this. For me it would also be okay if the alignment were left (such as in eminence). where exactly should <align>center</align> be inserted?

Thank you
I more or less got it done. What does not fit is that the song is not completely displayed. Is it possible that the song is written out further to the right and scrolls if it is too long? Where would this have to be adjusted?

I've added comments to my modified includes_osd file which you might like to reference when designing your own. Mine looks like this and you can see I added back in the "Next track" feature from Fuse(Neue). Download a zip of the file and a modified vignette overlay here: https://github.com/Horizons1/Kodi

(2021-03-14, 19:32)horizons1 Wrote: I've added comments to my modified includes_osd file which you might like to reference when designing your own. Mine looks like this and you can see I added back in the "Next track" feature from Fuse(Neue). Download a zip of the file and a modified vignette overlay here: https://github.com/Horizons1/Kodi

Thank you horizons1. I will check this out.
With your comments I think I found a solution. I removed the option with the clearart and now it looks ok. The title is not scrolling but there is a lot of space so it is nod that bad. Perhaps not the best way but it works for me.

Thank you
(2021-03-17, 19:29)iddqd Wrote: With your comments I think I found a solution. I removed the option with the clearart and now it looks ok. The title is not scrolling but there is a lot of space so it is nod that bad. Perhaps not the best way but it works for me.

Thank you

Glad it works for you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying Includes_OSD.xml for bigger album artwork0