• 1(current)
v19 Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)
With permission from the original author, I've taken over maintenance for Keymap Editor, so we're going to start a new thread for the new version.  This is basically the same addon as before but with updated key mappings for Kodi 18+ as well as refactored code so that it will run in Kodi 19.

Current preexisting limitations:
-No way to assign different keys to different inputs.
-No detecting if a key is used multiple times. What will most likely happen is that one of actions will be executed.
-Depending on what was previously assigned, xbmc might execute the old action i background when pressing the new key to assign.

The update should be in the Leia and Matrix repos in the next few days.
(2020-08-28, 23:46)pkscout Wrote: With permission from the original author, I've taken over maintenance for Keymap Editor, so we're going to start a new thread for the new version.  This is basically the same addon as before but with updated key mappings for Kodi 18+ as well as refactored code so that it will run in Kodi 19.

-No detecting if a key is used multiple times. What will most likely happen is that one of actions will be executed.
-Depending on what was previously assigned, xbmc might execute the old action i background when pressing the new key to assign.

Hey there-

Is there any update to this?  I recently started researching 1- why my remote mapped button is working very intermittently, and 2- why I'm unable to program any new buttons, including onto the new remote I got since it never occured to me that Keymap Editor might have been abandoned. 

Anxious to find a (new?) way to have my remote turn Kodi subtitles on and off, again.

Thanks!
(2020-11-19, 00:12)Racer_X Wrote:
(2020-08-28, 23:46)pkscout Wrote: With permission from the original author, I've taken over maintenance for Keymap Editor, so we're going to start a new thread for the new version.  This is basically the same addon as before but with updated key mappings for Kodi 18+ as well as refactored code so that it will run in Kodi 19.

Hey there-

Is there any update to this?  I recently started researching 1- why my remote mapped button is working very intermittently, and 2- why I'm unable to program any new buttons, including onto the new remote I got since it never occured to me that Keymap Editor might have been abandoned. 

Anxious to find a (new?) way to have my remote turn Kodi subtitles on and off, again.

Thanks!
The most current version is in the official repo. There have been no other updates since then, and when there is an update it will also be in the official repo.
Hi currently I need the o button (info) in the keymap editor which I havent found yet. I´ve searched the entire keymap editor. It isn´t there. It would be nice option if I can select "ALL FUNCTION" and from there I can assign every avaiable key in Kodi to a defined remote button. That would be great. :-)
(2020-11-21, 20:36)roterdrachen72 Wrote: Hi currently I need the o button (info) in the keymap editor which I havent found yet. I´ve searched the entire keymap editor. It isn´t there. It would be nice option if I can select "ALL FUNCTION" and from there I can assign every avaiable key in Kodi to a defined remote button. That would be great. :-)

It's there Other > Player Process Info
(2020-11-19, 04:34)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 00:12)Racer_X Wrote:

Hey there-

Thanks!
The most current version is in the official repo. There have been no other updates since then, and when there is an update it will also be in the official repo.

Ok, thanks!  Sure, I know the current version is in the repo.  I guess I was asking if there were any implemented changes since the ownership of the app changed, or if there were any planned changes.  I followed the messages from the other thread to here, and it sounded like it was being taken over in order to restart activity on the app and to update and modernize it.  I guess I was just asking if there had been any acitivity since then or if anything was planned.  Asking out of curiousity and because I'd love to see some updates to it.
(2020-11-24, 18:46)Racer_X Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 04:34)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 00:12)Racer_X Wrote: Hey there-

Thanks!

Ok, thanks!  Sure, I know the current version is in the repo.  I guess I was asking if there were any implemented changes since the ownership of the app changed, or if there were any planned changes.  I followed the messages from the other thread to here, and it sounded like it was being taken over in order to restart activity on the app and to update and modernize it.  I guess I was just asking if there had been any acitivity since then or if anything was planned.  Asking out of curiousity and because I'd love to see some updates to it.
There are no plans for updates unless there are missing mappings or specific problems. Feel free to suggest changes here though. If I have some time and they seem reasonable, I'd be happy to look at them.
(2020-11-25, 00:27)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 18:46)Racer_X Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 04:34)pkscout Wrote: The most current version is in the official repo. There have been no other updates since then, and when there is an update it will also be in the official repo.

There are no plans for updates unless there are missing mappings or specific problems. Feel free to suggest changes here though. If I have some time and they seem reasonable, I'd be happy to look at them.
Hi,

I actually don't really know enough about programming or development stuff to make any suggestions.  I have been trying to program a universal remote to turn on subtitles on kodi on my Nvidia shield.  I've run into a lot of difficulties but I think there are issues from Nvidia, AndroidTV and Kodi all mixed together.

From reading the old thread I saw that "updating the app for Kodi 18" was one of the things you had planned to do.  My takeaway from that was only that the app is, well, not currently updated for Kodi 18.  In a general sense it might be helpful to have it updated.  I don't know if that would help my specific problem though.

At any rate I have my situation reasonably well resolved/worked around, so personally for me, I'm good for now.

Thanks!
Anybody know how to assign a key to a specific smart playlist? I can’t seem to find that as an option.
(2020-12-15, 02:23)Method007 Wrote: Anybody know how to assign a key to a specific smart playlist? I can’t seem to find that as an option.

I'm not 100% sure how you reference the playlist (i.e. by name or path) but the built-in action PlayMedia(media) apparently takes a playlist as media.

https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_...ilt-in.27s
Thanks for updating Keymap Editor for Matrix.
Quite a handy tool, much prefer it to editing Keymap files Wink

Cheers!
In Kodi 18 I assigned remote keys to load Bookmarks menu and Subtitle settings during full video playback, but with 19 installed, I lost both mapped keys. I found suitable option for toggling subtitles, but nothing for loading the Bookmarks menu. Adding new bookmark is not what I want to do, but load the Bookmarks menu instead. Is it possible? Currently its tedious process to jump through Video OSD options, and then to the Bookmarks menu. It's just easier to assign remote key to the Bookmarks menu directly.
(2021-03-03, 18:08)214b1 Wrote: In Kodi 18 I assigned remote keys to load Bookmarks menu and Subtitle settings during full video playback, but with 19 installed, I lost both mapped keys. I found suitable option for toggling subtitles, but nothing for loading the Bookmarks menu. Adding new bookmark is not what I want to do, but load the Bookmarks menu instead. Is it possible? Currently its tedious process to jump through Video OSD options, and then to the Bookmarks menu. It's just easier to assign remote key to the Bookmarks menu directly.

I found it:
Fullscreen Video -> Windows -> Open Video Bookmarks
Fullscreen Video -> Windows -> Open Subtitle Settings
(2021-03-04, 00:27)214b1 Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 18:08)214b1 Wrote: In Kodi 18 I assigned remote keys to load Bookmarks menu and Subtitle settings during full video playback, but with 19 installed, I lost both mapped keys. I found suitable option for toggling subtitles, but nothing for loading the Bookmarks menu. Adding new bookmark is not what I want to do, but load the Bookmarks menu instead. Is it possible? Currently its tedious process to jump through Video OSD options, and then to the Bookmarks menu. It's just easier to assign remote key to the Bookmarks menu directly.

I found it:
Fullscreen Video -> Windows -> Open Video Bookmarks
Fullscreen Video -> Windows -> Open Subtitle Settings

I think that one issue I ran into was that remapping a global action doesn't overwrite the default mapping that comes with kodi for any lower windows. Also if a keymapping originally opens a dialog or window, remapping it makes it close or go back - intuitively this makes sense for a button to do something than nothing in the window it opens.
Also when a button code is mapped to a keyboard input it usually is seen as a combination or mod that can cause the same issues as the long press in global. I found that keys assigned when the virtual keyboard was open but not doing the single press mapped action were modded key presses. Sorry hope I made sense.
I just discovered this gem. Thank you pkscout for bringing it to Matrix.

I'm curious is there a way to map for opening directly to embuary info script as opposed to the standard info screen?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)0