• 2(current)
v19 Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)
(2021-05-30, 07:03)brviewer Wrote: I just discovered this gem. Thank you pkscout for bringing it to Matrix.

I'm curious is there a way to map for opening directly to embuary info script as opposed to the standard info screen?
Probably not. This add-on is designed to allow you to map keys to the standard Kodi actions. I think custom ones are out of scope. That said, I mostly just updated the code for Python3 and added some of the actions that were new for Matrix, so it is possible that the script can do this and I just don't know. But, again, probably not.
(2021-05-30, 16:01)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 07:03)brviewer Wrote: I just discovered this gem. Thank you pkscout for bringing it to Matrix.

I'm curious is there a way to map for opening directly to embuary info script as opposed to the standard info screen?
Probably not. This add-on is designed to allow you to map keys to the standard Kodi actions. I think custom ones are out of scope. That said, I mostly just updated the code for Python3 and added some of the actions that were new for Matrix, so it is possible that the script can do this and I just don't know. But, again, probably not.

Ok thanks for the reply. Still going to revolutionize my nvidia remote experience 😀
Thanks for your continued work on this.  I have an HTPC remote/keyboard that has a home button I wanted to remap in Leia to the shutdown menu.  In Windows 10 it would open the default browser's homepage.  I disabled this functionality with REGEDIT and started hacking keyboard.xml but just couldn't get it to work (it would still use the default function when pressed).  Using Keymap Editor I was able to grab the correct scancode and now the home button on this remote brings up the shutdown menu.  Even if Keymap editor doesn't have all the functions built-in for me the important part s the scancode grabber for non-standard keyboards.  Once you have this you can easily modify the keyboard.xml to map any key you want to whatever function you want.

More info on keyboard.xml: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338574

Kudos Cool
Thanks for updating this addon for Matrix.
I am running Kodi 19 on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro, so was wondering if there is a way to map the "Menu button" (3 parallel bars one besides the power button) of the Shield remote via this addon?
(2021-07-21, 21:59)onlytanmoy Wrote: Thanks for updating this addon for Matrix.
I am running Kodi 19 on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro, so was wondering if there is a way to map the "Menu button" (3 parallel bars one besides the power button) of the Shield remote via this addon?
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Is that thing you described an actual button on your remote? If so, you should be able to have that button do whatever you want just by finding the command you want it to do and then saving the remote press using the GUI for the addon.
(2021-07-23, 03:03)pkscout Wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Is that thing you described an actual button on your remote? If so, you should be able to have that button do whatever you want just by finding the command you want it to do and then saving the remote press using the GUI for the addon.
Thanks for your response. Yes that's an actual button on the Shield remote. In the Shield settings that button is customized for short press, hold, double press- each triggering an action like mute volume, take screenshot etc. There is no way to assign no operation/action against a button press so when I am trying to use that same button inside Kodi to map against an action via the addon it does not work and triggers the action already assigned via Shield settings.
(2021-07-23, 09:17)onlytanmoy Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 03:03)pkscout Wrote:
Thanks for your response. Yes that's an actual button on the Shield remote. In the Shield settings that button is customized for short press, hold, double press- each triggering an action like mute volume, take screenshot etc. There is no way to assign no operation/action against a button press so when I am trying to use that same button inside Kodi to map against an action via the addon it does not work and triggers the action already assigned via Shield settings.
Unfortunately there's nothing to be done about that then. If you can't get the Shield to ignore the button press in the Shield settings you're stuck with that behavior.
(2021-07-23, 14:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 09:17)onlytanmoy Wrote:
(2021-07-23, 03:03)pkscout Wrote: I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Is that thing you described an actual button on your remote? If so, you should be able to have that button do whatever you want just by finding the command you want it to do and then saving the remote press using the GUI for the addon.
Unfortunately there's nothing to be done about that then. If you can't get the Shield to ignore the button press in the Shield settings you're stuck with that behavior.
yeah understood, pretty much thought so and now you confirmed Smile looks like my mini wireless keyboard will come to use now..lol.
Hello, first I'd like to praise pkscout for this great addon, one of the most useful since I've entered the Android TV Kodi world for about two months !  Cool

Before that, I was using the classic XBMC4XBOX on my Xbox for about 12 years.  Nerd ​​​​​​​

Just one question : is it possible to map a key to clean music playlist, regardless my location on Kodi ?

I've just found this keymap page : https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap and there is "Playlist.Clear > Clear the current playlist" but I'm not sure if I could use, maybe on the gen.xml file manually ?

Thanks ! Angel
Hello, first I'd like to grat tamland and pkscout for this great addon, one of the most useful since I've entered the Android TV Kodi world for about two months ! 

Before that, I was using the classic XBMC4XBOX on my Xbox for about 12 years.

Just one question : is it possible to map a key to clean music playlist, regardless my location on Kodi ?

I've just found this keymap page : https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap and there is "Playlist.Clear > Clear the current playlist" but I'm not sure if I could use, maybe on the gen.xml file manually ?

Thanks !
(2021-07-29, 17:20)Johnny Rico Wrote: Hello, first I'd like to grat tamland and pkscout for this great addon, one of the most useful since I've entered the Android TV Kodi world for about two months ! 

Thanks !
I can't say for sure (I've never used it), but it looks like Playlist.Clear is only available when the default player is actually playing something.  You should be able to assign a remote button to the function and use it anywhere, but it would only do something if there was something playing.
(2021-07-30, 02:27)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-07-29, 17:20)Johnny Rico Wrote: Hello, first I'd like to grat tamland and pkscout for this great addon, one of the most useful since I've entered the Android TV Kodi world for about two months ! 

Thanks !
I can't say for sure (I've never used it), but it looks like Playlist.Clear is only available when the default player is actually playing something.  You should be able to assign a remote button to the function and use it anywhere, but it would only do something if there was something playing.

Thx, I will try it ASAP.

Reason for this is : I've just switched to Kodi 19.1, after my initial two months on 18.9 and back then, I'm pretty sure I was able to stay in the (music) playlist window while clearing it (so playlist was empty), while on 19.1 Kodi will instantly get me back to last window before going to playlist one, as soon as I clear it.
Thanks for the Editor update.

It works for most of the key re-maps I need.

Strangely, there is one key I am unable to remap... the letter 'a'.

I am trying to remap it to 'NextLanguage' since my remote is also used for Plex which uses 'a' for language track change.

No matter what I do, 'AudioDelay' always pops-up when I press the 'a' key.

It's like 'a' is hardcoded to 'AudioDelay' no matter what.

Is this just some oddball limitation to the remap add-on?
(2021-08-02, 19:28)sleestack1 Wrote: Thanks for the Editor update.

It works for most of the key re-maps I need.

Strangely, there is one key I am unable to remap... the letter 'a'.

I am trying to remap it to 'NextLanguage' since my remote is also used for Plex which uses 'a' for language track change.

No matter what I do, 'AudioDelay' always pops-up when I press the 'a' key.

It's like 'a' is hardcoded to 'AudioDelay' no matter what.

Is this just some oddball limitation to the remap add-on?

The default mapping when in video is AudioDelay.  I can't remember the logic for when a key does what, but I think you might need to make sure you are remapping the key in the Video context and not the Global one.  I believe the specific context over rides the global one, so if you map 'a' to NextLanguage in Global, the default mapping in the video context will take precedence.
Hey pkscout,

thanks for maintaining this very useful app.
I do seem to be missing something .. tried everything (I think), but can't find it in the app to select.

The "display info" shortcut
https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info

Point 4 : display info, with keyboard it's Z.

I would like to see if a 4k movie is being sent/played as 4k .. so I need to see the output resolution.

Is it missing ? Or am I just not finding it.

tnx
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)0