Broken Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies
(2020-10-15, 09:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 08:35)shmizan Wrote: I have no idea. It is all working ok for me which is why I first believed it was a geo problem. I just tested some tv shows and all works fine... https://paste.kodi.tv/kazecofohu.kodi

Nothing has changed in Kodi.

Just a thought here. 

From the logs you submitted from your successful scraping attempt, I noticed that you’re running Kodi 19.0-ALPHA2 (18.9.702).  Like some others have indicated here, I suspect there has been a change from TMDB’s side which is causing this issue. Is it possible that your Alpha version of Kodi contains an update of the TMDB scraper which can handle whatever changes were made on TMDB’s side, therefore you don’t notice any issues with the scraping?  While any of us running Kodi 18.0 or earlier are likely to encounter this problem?

Also wanted to provide a quick update. Earlier I indicated the issue wasn’t happening with Kodi running on my Android phone. Well, I was mistaken. The issue is also occurring on my Android phone now. I happened to order a couple of movies from Amazon recently (gotta love Prime days), ripped them and then did a library update in Kodi on my phone. I can now confirm that the issue is definitely impacting Kodi on both my TV and my phone. Log lines are the same. I’m guessing there’s no point in uploading the Kodi logs from my phone as the issue has been verified from multiple individuals on multiple platforms. 

My theory is a change occurred on TMDB’s side which the TMDB scraper within Kodi was not expecting. I believe Karellen is not experiencing the issue because he or she is running a later version of Kodi which I suspect contains a later version of the TMDB scraper add-on and isn’t impacted by this issue. I suspect anyone running Kodi 18.0 (Leia) is likely going to notice the issue. 

So unless someone running the latest Alpha version of Kodi (what it is, Matrix?) can chime in and indicate they’re also having the issue, my guess is we’ll just have to wait for an update to the TMDB scraper add-on to be released to address this issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies - by Crashtastic - 2020-10-15, 14:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies0