Broken Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies
(2020-10-16, 08:10)Karellen Wrote: Sorry, missed your post. In fact missed a whole page of posts for some reason.
(2020-10-15, 14:43)Crashtastic Wrote: From the logs you submitted from your successful scraping attempt, I noticed that you’re running Kodi 19.0-ALPHA2 (18.9.702).  Like some others have indicated here, I suspect there has been a change from TMDB’s side which is causing this issue. Is it possible that your Alpha version of Kodi contains an update of the TMDB scraper which can handle whatever changes were made on TMDB’s side, therefore you don’t notice any issues with the scraping?  While any of us running Kodi 18.0 or earlier are likely to encounter this problem?
As it turns out, it is not because I was using Alpha-2 but because I was using the Python generation of scrapers that avoided the problem.
(2020-10-15, 14:43)Crashtastic Wrote: My theory is a change occurred on TMDB’s side which the TMDB scraper within Kodi was not expecting. I believe Karellen is not experiencing the issue because he or she is running a later version of Kodi which I suspect contains a later version of the TMDB scraper add-on and isn’t impacted by this issue. I suspect anyone running Kodi 18.0 (Leia) is likely going to notice the issue. 
TheMovieDB have confirmed what the problem is... https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5f8807a3...0033b0f206

No worries. I just assumed you were busy.  Besides, I was way off with my theory anyways.

Some bad news though.  There have been a few individuals on this thread that have reported that although it is fixed for movies, the scraping process is still not picking up images for TV Shows.  Well, I can confirm that is correct.  The add-on update seemed to fix scraping for movies, but not TV shows.  Hopefully someone else can capture the issue and provide logs as I'm a little busy at the moment.  If nobody else can provide logs, I'll see if I can reproduce the issue and submit the logs later today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies - by Crashtastic - 2020-10-16, 18:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies0