Media flag for Ultra HD Blu-ray (4K Ultra HD)
I'm not sure if I'm right but there are no media flags for Ultra HD Blu-ray (and 4K) with default settings.

In AdvancedSettings.cpp (Line 188) I find only resolutions up tp 1080 and physical media up to Blu-ray. I can't find 4K or resolution 3840 × 216 or Ultra HD Blu-ray.

However, I'm somehow uncertain because in skin Estuary there is some support for 4K.

Neither in the documentation (Wiki) nor in the code I can easily find what flags are supported and how the files (stubs, for physical media) have to be named e.g. for UHD Blu-ray.
As I know it should be possible to

It would be fine to have full support also for UHD/4K and a clear documentation for it (for Kodi itself and also for the default Skin).

BTW: The Wiki often refers to skin Confluence but we have Estuary as default skin since years.
Don't know if you maybe pointed to wrong file as I don't why you think that has anything to do with media flags, that's simply a list of strings to strip off the filename before it's fed to the scraper for lookup on TMDB/IMDB or whatever to make it easier to identify.

Media flags in the skin use data from either the library database or filename, as detailed on the wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_flags the video and audio flags come from stream details held in the library database, and media source flags come from the filename. So 4K is a video stream property that is held in the database, and UHD Blu-ray would be a media source flag that needs comes from the filename.

The stream details are provided to the skin by standard infolabels see https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels and it's up to each skin to decide which ones they want to show for the audio/video properties, in the case of Estuary then up to 8K is support for the video resolution flagging, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...resolution

When it comes to flags for media sources such as DVD or UHD Blu-ray it's up to each skin to implement the extraction from the filename and up to now this hasn't been done for Estuary.

I plan on taking a look at improving media flags for Estuary in v20 and adding flags for media sources is on my list of things to look at.
(2021-01-21, 13:44)jjd-uk Wrote: Don't know if you maybe pointed to wrong file as I don't why you think that has anything to do with media flags, that's simply a list of strings to strip off the filename before it's fed to the scraper for lookup on TMDB/IMDB or whatever to make it easier to identify.
For using media stubs it seems to be the only way to set flags for a movie by the file name, as described in Naming video files / Movies – Media Tags / Flags. You get no description how to name the files in detail, e.g. which text stands for a specific flag.
If you can use e.g. "4K" in the file name, it should be stripped off too before using the striped filename as title for a scraper but the default CleanStringRegExps only contains values up to Blu-ray format.

(2021-01-21, 13:44)jjd-uk Wrote: Media flags in the skin use data from either the library database or filename, as detailed on the wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_flags the video and audio flags come from stream details held in the library database, and media source flags come from the filename. So 4K is a video stream property that is held in the database, and UHD Blu-ray would be a media source flag that needs comes from the filename.
If we only have Media source flags in case of Media stubs, we only have it up to Blu-ray but not for UHD.
In my understanding we cannot bring Video and Audio flags into the database, since we only have the stub filename (and following your statement: only Media source flags are supported).
The example Media Tags / Flags is for a .mkv file but shouldn't this also be valid for stub files?
However, the text for the flags is still missing (you can only guess what the correct strings are).

(2021-01-21, 13:44)jjd-uk Wrote: The stream details are provided to the skin by standard infolabels see https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels and it's up to each skin to decide which ones they want to show for the audio/video properties, in the case of Estuary then up to 8K is support for the video resolution flagging, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...resolution

When it comes to flags for media sources such as DVD or UHD Blu-ray it's up to each skin to implement the extraction from the filename and up to now this hasn't been done for Estuary.
"stream details": It's somehow confusing since we have no "stream" in case of media stubs, I think.
Okay, as video resolution flags we have them up to 8K. This is fine. However, I don't know how to use them in stub filenames, if e.g. "4K" and "8K" are not stripped off by CleanStringRegExps. Maybe a possible solution might (only) be to use mixed NFO files, including a URL for the scraper.

I think Kodi core has to support everything of the InfoLabels independently from support in skins, also when it comes to strip off something from a filename.

(2021-01-21, 13:44)jjd-uk Wrote: I plan on taking a look at improving media flags for Estuary in v20 and adding flags for media sources is on my list of things to look at.
This sounds fine (better late than never).

---

Maybe it works already somehow but maybe some better support is still missing (e.g. in Estuary). Maybe also the Wiki is not as clear as it could/should be (and it seems to be not up to date at all).
NFO files can contain the stream details to be used to populate the database, so that's most likely what you would need to do for stub files.
Okay, I see the "fileinfo" tag on the latest version of the wiki site (without documented details for the sub-tags).
I'll try it later.
I did first tests with tag fileinfo in the NFO file and I already had some success (but still open issues, see new thread How to use fileinfo in NFO files / supported media flags in Estuary).

If I understand it right: I will not see e.g. a Blu-ray icon in Estuary for my stub files (e.g. "...\Movies\Red Sparrow (2018)\Red Sparrow (2018).BLURAY.disc") since Estuary does not support the media source from the filename by now.

P.S.: Also setting the video codec to "bluray" doesn't bring a Blu-ray icon, even if there is one in the skin.
Any update on this? i also have mutiple strm files for same movie and would like to see on skin visually which on is 4k.. I added 4k to filename but shows the same in skin..
I second that. What to add on the stub filename to pick up that the media is a 4k/UHD disk. Any updates?
Hello, looking too for an update on this topic... Sadly I discovered that Kodi 20 doesn't seem to integrate Media Flags with Media Stubs. So no way to differenciate easily a 1080p Blu-Ray from a UHD Blu-Ray...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media flag for Ultra HD Blu-ray (4K Ultra HD)0