• 22(current)
v19 Artwork Dump - download scraper provided artwork
(2022-12-30, 22:40)Alyy Wrote: Hi, the app doesn't get the images from fanart.tv ?
It gets the images from the scraped links from when you scraped the item into the library.
If you are using TVDB scraper, then TVDB don't use fanart.tv, so there will be no links.
All other scrapers should use fanart.tv if artwork is available there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-12-30, 23:15)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-12-30, 22:40)Alyy Wrote: Hi, the app doesn't get the images from fanart.tv ?
It gets the images from the scraped links from when you scraped the item into the library.
If you are using TVDB scraper, then TVDB don't use fanart.tv, so there will be no links.
All other scrapers should use fanart.tv if artwork is available there.
 I didn't know that Artwork Dump used scraper movies and series. I'm going to watch this
Should this work okay on osmc? (a Vero box).

Only I've given it a try (set the Movie Set Information Folder to a writeable path, installed the add-on, ran it manually etc.) and it correctly saves all of the jpg files to the individual movie folders, but it doesn't touch the Move Set Information Folder at all - no subfolders are created and no files written there.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree let me know, or if you think it should work on osmc then I can grab some logs etc, just let me know what you need.

Thanks!
I've changed some of the fanarts in my Kodi app on Windows via the 'manager artwork' flow with a mix of scraper and differently named files on my harddrive, and deleted the previously saved movie.fanart file, but kept movie.fanart1,2 etc. Now when I try to 'download existing artwork' in Artwork Dump, it doesn't download the new fanart I have selected using Kod . I have exported my library to separate NFO files, but not included the artwork (made that mistake once!) deleted textures13.db, deleted processeditems. I'm not sure what to check next.... Help.
(2023-02-25, 00:32)he4vyg Wrote: deleted the previously saved movie.fanart file, but kept movie.fanart1,2 etc. Now when I try to 'download existing artwork' in Artwork Dump, it doesn't download the new fanart I have selected using Kod
It won't. It does not track changes you made to your artwork. All it sees is that it has previously downloaded the artwork for this movie, so nothing else needs to be done.

Try deleting the processitems.db in \userdata\addon_data\script.artwork.dump. It might force a recheck.

Make it easy on yourself. Just download the artwork you want and replace the existing artwork in your folder with the new one. Simple as that. Nothing else to do. In 24 hours Kodi will update the artwork in the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thanks for this addon

working fine in kodi v20 despite the disclaimer on the first post
(2023-03-10, 22:51)jepsizofye Wrote: thanks for this addon

working fine in kodi v20 despite the disclaimer on the first post

Cheers.

I updated the disclaimer.
Hi!
Why use this addon if in the advancedsettings file you can use the setting that is in the wiki, namely Using imageres>9999</imageres> and <fanartres>9999</fanartres> will allow caching artwork at original size.?
Official Kodi Wiki - Library artwork
(2023-06-03, 20:03)Bomeranger Wrote: Why use this addon if in the advancedsettings
This addon has nothing to do with that setting.
My Signature
Can you give a detailed answer?
The 9999 setting allows you to cache files at their original size and resolution. This extension does the same. Or have I misunderstood something?
(2023-06-03, 20:41)Bomeranger Wrote: This extension does the same
No it doesn't.
This addon downloads the original artwork from the source site- TheMovieDB, fanart.tv, TheTVDB etc
It saves this original artwork in your media folders.
This is beneficial for many reasons, but the main being that on-line artwork should be considered as short-lived. Images can be deleted by the providers which means the scraped links are dead.
Saving the original image locally means you never lose access to that image, even if the provider has deleted it from their servers.
If you are using a media manager, then don't use this addon. They both do the same thing.

When you scrape, the original artwork is modified and cached... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Cache#The..._procedure
My Signature
(2023-06-03, 21:17)Karellen Wrote: This addon downloads the original artwork from the source site- TheMovieDB, fanart.tv, TheTVDB etc

OK.
I did the following. I created a test MOVIES folder, placed two movie files in it.
Then I used the TMDB Python scraper. (Naturally, the parameter 9999 was set in the advancedsettings.)
After scanning the movies, I went to the Thumbnails folder. And there I found a 2000x3000 poster with a size of 619 Kb. And a fanart 2400x1350 with a size of 515 Kb. The same pictures were on the TMDB website. Next, with the built-in Kodi tools, I made the export of the media library into separate folders. And there were pictures 2000x3000 and 2400x1350. Fully corresponding to the original ones on the TMDB website. I immediately received the original files in the library and in the Thumbnails folder. Why do I need a plugin in this case?
(2023-06-04, 17:22)Bomeranger Wrote: . Why do I need a plugin in this case?
Like I said, the files in the cache are modified. The export will export the modified file.
Download the original file and compare the two. Is the original 619 Kb?
My Signature
I'm getting a little tired of explaining. Described the process in detail above. The Wiki says that Using <imageres>9999</imageres> and <fanartres>9999</fanartres> will allow caching artwork at original size.
Finally try it yourself.
(2023-06-04, 20:54)Bomeranger Wrote: 'm getting a little tired of explaining.
Yea, you are not the only one...
So ignore me, and just use Kodi as you want, with or without this addon.
My Signature
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Dump - download scraper provided artwork0