v20 Kodi v20 Problems & Feedback
(2021-11-19, 21:03)brazen1 Wrote: The 5th Wave (2016) - A title like this performs perfectly. ...

The Courier (2021) - This type of disc performs a little differently (sometimes) meaning...
could you please clarify which of these discs is of which type? Like is 5ts Wave a HDMV disc and The Courier BDJ? Or are both BDJ and it depends on how the disc has been authored by the studio?
Both are BDJ.  Thank you for continuing to pursue this.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
ok, so if both are BDJ, I suppose it depends on how the discs/menus have been authored (which features + structure the menus have etc). It'll be kinda hard to debug this without having the blurays that cause the issue. "The Courier" is still too expensive for me to grab (I usually wait for deals ~ 10€ for regular blu-rays) and I usually only buy blu-rays of movies I really like (-> why create more plastic waste for things I will likely only watch once and will be available on #insert-streaming-service-of-choice# a couple months later).
i can put a few rips on a couple cheap 128gig ssd's i have and post them to you if you would be willing?

i have slowly moved over to UHD as much as possible so can include a few of those so you have some reference material also
initially it would probably be enough to have a stripped down "sample" version of one of the troubling discs - so only the menu with maybe a fraction of the main movie to test the behavior during playback (or a still frame replacement of the main movie).
But I can see to find a movie in my collection on which I can reproduce the issue. It would be good though, if you could find some sort of pattern which movies are affected. Like movies from a specific movie studio etc.

as for UHD. I got myself a UHD capable drive on black friday and will likely also switch to UHD for new titles (if price point fits). Won't be able to play with the drive before xmas though - too much work atm.
for UHD it's any marvel movie where FF and REW don't work, will try and find some regular blu-rays also as might get lucky and be one you have Smile
I only have a couple Marvel movies as bluray since I actually consider most of them bad movies. CGI overkill with partially terrible story telling. I can check if IronMan, Guardians and whatever Marvel movie I might have, have the FF/REW issue (only have those in HD, not UHD). But as mentioned, if they have an invisible OSD menu, input will be "trapped" in the invisible BD menu and skipping via navigational keys (left/right) will not work which will not change and has no workaround from my end (except custom keymap).
i have a possible theory for why some disks you can skip chapter with keys and some you can't and maybe the ones you can't require the key pressed and key released command which was added in libbluray 1.2.0 (Add support for separate key pressed / typed / released user input events.)

i remember reading a report someone developing in java could'nt use some functions which was why this was added found where i read it https://code.videolan.org/videolan/libbluray/-/issues/8

i don't think this is a simple bump to 1.2.0 though changes in kodi will most likely be needed also
Just got the 20 update on my Shield TV and now during movie or tv playback a Buffering Message appears in the middle of the screen and it won't go away.  I have smb shares for the movies and tv so it is all internal network.  How do I turn off that message?
Since installing Kodi v20 i notice that while using Youtube & Twitch Kodi occasionally stops responding and freezes and I think I have traced the problem back to certain characters such as Emoji that are included in video titles. I reverted back to Kodi v19 and the problem isn't there so it definitely seems like something specific to v20.

An additional little bug I have found with a few skins that i have tried is that the seek bar doesn't seem to work correctly. When you skip forward/backward through a video it only pops up for a split second on a short seek and doesn't come up at all for a long seek.

This on a totally fresh Windows 10 build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v20 Problems & Feedback0