• 20(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I'll answer myself. Took a bunch of digging, but found it. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407
I have resynced this fork to v20.0RC1 and uploaded the new build here: https://app.box.com/s/mgqubf1326k29v0zw58h7q4iyf4osy0f
This build has same featureset and requirements as v20alpha3 and still use MFX (Intel) for decoding and re-muxing of stereoscopic frames. 

I have only done a short testing session on my laptop's display with top-bottom view.
Quickly tried a MVC Blu-ray ISO. Working fine.

Thank you!
I am using a NUC7i3BNH feeding a JVC NZ9 projector. I confirmed that my display will automatically switch to 1080p Frame Packed mode when playing a 3D Blu-Ray from my Xbox One. I believe this rules out any upscaling from my receiver. On the PC, however, I am having a difficult time. I am using the latest video driver from Intel. My display does show the 3D slider in the Windows 10 display settings. Enabling 3D in Windows display settings while on the desktop does not cause my projector to go into 3D mode. I am running at 1920x1080 and have tried setting the refresh rate at everything between 23 and 60hz. I have confirmed that the desktop display and active display are both showing 1920x1080. 

When playing one of the samples listed on the 1st page through Kodi, the display will always change to 3840x2160. I have whitelisted every 1920x1080 mode and only the 1920x1080 modes (nothing else is whitelisted). I do not have the display resolution set to 3840x2160 in Windows or in the Kodi Gui.

I have only downloaded and installed the 19.4 package listed on the first page. Are there any other filters, drivers or software that are required to make the MVC package work, or is it self contained? 

I have read through the forum and saw somebody reference a "FPS lock" that should be in the Player Video Settings. I do not have this option. (The menus are set to expert mode and I do have the enable MVC option and Hardware Level option)

Any suggestions on things to try to get the projector to recognize a 3D FP signal would be most appreciated.
(2022-12-18, 18:25)Romsol92 Wrote: I have read through the forum and saw somebody reference a "FPS lock" that should be in the Player Video Settings. I do not have this option. (The menus are set to expert mode and I do have the enable MVC option and Hardware Level option)

Any suggestions on things to try to get the projector to recognize a 3D FP signal would be most appreciated.
Please try uninstall kodi (settings can remain) and then reinstall from the first post. Kodi installation does not recognize previously installed versions with matching versioning and reporting successful installation when nothing was updated.
I have found a regression in the 20.0RC1 build I posted yesterday fron 19.4 in which some 3D ISO to failed to play while some others succeeded.
Under investigation...

Investigation update: Seems to be a start time difference between the 2 eye frames
I did that. That's not the issue. The issue is this - from Intel's website:

"Intel® Graphics does not support stereo 3D content from devices that implement HDMI 2.x outputs using an LSPCON chip when connected to HDMI 2.x displays. To play stereo 3D content you need to connect to an HDMI 1.4 display.
Unless the Intel NUC is using third-party graphics, all the HDMI ports, on Intel NUC Kits and Mini PCs 7th Generation through 11th generation are HDMI 2.0 or greater, and all use a LSPCON chip."

I had an old G3900 and a Shuttle PC. I hooked it up and, viola, frame packed 3D.

The issue I'm having now is that there is a lot of strobing and then the sample video clip just freezes up.
(2022-12-19, 00:25)Romsol92 Wrote: I did that. That's not the issue. The issue is this - from Intel's website:

"Intel® Graphics does not support stereo 3D content from devices that implement HDMI 2.x outputs using an LSPCON chip when connected to HDMI 2.x displays. To play stereo 3D content you need to connect to an HDMI 1.4 display.
Unless the Intel NUC is using third-party graphics, all the HDMI ports, on Intel NUC Kits and Mini PCs 7th Generation through 11th generation are HDMI 2.0 or greater, and all use a LSPCON chip."

I had an old G3900 and a Shuttle PC. I hooked it up and, viola, frame packed 3D.

The issue I'm having now is that there is a lot of strobing and then the sample video clip just freezes up.

Are you using audio pass-through with a receiver?
Yes I am. I've been able to sort everything out and watch a movie without any issues. The only problem that remains is that whenever playback is stopped, the Kodi GUI goes to 4096x2160@24. My Windows desktop is set at 1920x1080@60 (both desktop and active), Kodi GUI is set at 1920x1080, and movies successfully switch into Frame Packed 3D 1920x1080@24. Exiting Kodi puts the Windows desktop back to the proper resolution of 1920x1080@60.

I've tried setting the frame matching to on/off and always, both exhibit the same behavior.

Hardware: Shuttle SH110R, Intel Celeron G3900, 8GB of RAM, Intel 510 integrated graphics, Intel HDMI audio controller.
(2022-12-20, 21:05)Romsol92 Wrote: Yes I am. I've been able to sort everything out and watch a movie without any issues. The only problem that remains is that whenever playback is stopped, the Kodi GUI goes to 4096x2160@24. My Windows desktop is set at 1920x1080@60 (both desktop and active), Kodi GUI is set at 1920x1080, and movies successfully switch into Frame Packed 3D 1920x1080@24. Exiting Kodi puts the Windows desktop back to the proper resolution of 1920x1080@60.

I've tried setting the frame matching to on/off and always, both exhibit the same behavior.

Hardware: Shuttle SH110R, Intel Celeron G3900, 8GB of RAM, Intel 510 integrated graphics, Intel HDMI audio controller.
please make sure that in the intel graphics command center->display->scale you use the option to maintain the display scaling.
windows is annoying and even though you set 1920x1080 it might still use 4K as the real resolution but virtatully scale to FHD.
Hi,

I'm using the 19.4 build in Intel 4th Gen and Audio and 3D MKV is working generally, but i have not occasionally crashes of kodi. Sometimes after one minute and sometimes it's more then an hour. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Kind regards
(2022-12-09, 14:35)damagedspline Wrote:
(2022-12-08, 16:39)XeKToReX Wrote: Hi All,

Have spent about 5 hrs trying to find a combo that works for me, unfortunately, no such luck!

1. Lenovo T14 Notebook

- Core i7-10510U
- Frame packed 3D works great on my BenQ W1070 but during the HDMI handshake the AVR audio device disappears and doesn't come back so it plays audio through the laptop.

2. Dell Optiplex Micro

- Core i5-7500T
- 3D and Audio work but I have the left eye not rendering bug, latest Intel drivers.

3. Custom PC

- Core i5-7600K + GTX1070
- Not sure why I tried this, no NVIDIA support obviously.. so no 3D at all.

4. Raspberry Pi Zero W

- 3D and Audio work great, storage too slow for the Bluray ISO so if pauses frequently..

5. Lenovo T460p

- Core i5-6440HQ
- 3D and Audio work but I have the left eye not rendering bug, latest Intel drivers.

Any tips on possibly fixing the left eye bug?!

Thanks!

I'll only relate to #1, #2 & #5.

try with the ISO MVC and MKV MVC samples from https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips before trying to play anything else to rule out bad formatted clips.
also try to change the "Kodi Settings->Player->Video->lock fps" and lower the "Kodi Settings->Player->Video->MFX level" to 10 or 18.
Make sure MVC mode is enabled under "Kodi Settings->Player->Video".
Make sure you enable auto control 3D under "KodiSettings->System->Video"
Make sure you use passthrough audio and enable everything supported under "KodiSettings->System->Audio"
Make sure you set perferred stereoscopic mode to HW based under "KodiSettings->System->Video"

Despite everything posted above I still have the left eye problem (very dark, but not black). I guess back to my Rpi3B+ again.
Edit: even for Rpi3B+ it works only with the last Leia build (LibreELEC 9.2.8). For Matrix and Nexus builds it’s broken.

I hope for more 3D goodness at the upcoming CES. Maybe that will make the 3D development better for Kodi devs.
Hi Damaged spline, I know you're busy with quite a few things but since the last time I tried I've managed to get 3d working in mpc and madvr but still can't get it working in kodi it will say hardware based then change to over/under. I can see it's decoding mvc properly (although it stops after 10 seconds). Any ideas?
For context lenovo pc with Intel 6200u (Intel driver 23.20.16.4973 as it wont let me install any newer, Windows version 10.0.19044 build 19044) connected to a yamaha v6a and Epson 3800 via 1.4b cable. Passthrough on and I've tried mkv and iso.
HI guys, relatively new to the MVC scene.  My solution in the past to getting a better (than H-SBS or H-TAB) quality rip, was to rip the video to 4K H-SBS using DVDFab.  Even though the image is obviously up scaled, it does look pretty good when played on a 4K monitor.

But, I digress.  In the last few weeks I started ripping some of my 3D discs and some of my full BD ISOs to MVC.  I was originally using Win10 LTSC 1809 on a NUC6i3SYK which has a Corei3-6100U, on that I installed the 19.4 MVC branch and it works quite well.  I set the default and preferred modes to hardware, and it automatically turns the 3D mode on my TV.  I get the "3D Content Detected, put your 3D glasses on" message and it plays great.  I found a few titles that the fields are reversed (most recent one being Thor: Love and Thunder), but once I switch them with the option in the video settings, they play fine and Kodi remembers those settings..

Anyway, now to the second part of the story.  I updated my 1809 LTSC to latest LTSC, 21H2, and now it no longer works.  For some reason, the left eye is dark and there is no 3D effect to speak off.  I tried most of the suggestions I read here, including the MVC compatibility values, everything from 4 to 30 without any chnage.  On some values (above 20), I would occasionally get the left eye showing at normal brightness, but what it would show is a flickering still image frozen at the time when it switched over from 2D to 3D.  Exiting Kodi entirely, and restarting it would bring back the dark left eye playback. 

Pressing "\" to go to Windowed mode, fixes the problem, but the windowed image spoils the visuals.  I can also do the "Over-Under" trick, but that basically reduces the vertical resolution and it required additional input to the enable it in the GUI as well as the TV.  I tried most of the suggestions I read here, tried different drivers, I also tried the latest Kodi 20 Alpha MVC, but the issue persists.

Needless to say, I re-installed 1809 from a backup I made prior to upgrading, and everything is back, working once again.  So whatever changes occurred in Windows 10 between 1809 and 21H2, have obviously done something to the frame packed 3D playback.  Disappointing to say the least.

Now I do have a question.  When I play MVC movies, the image is substantially brighter than when playing either 2D movies or when I play 3D H-SBS or H-TAB movies.  Is this normal, is it a setting that it triggers either in the player or in the TV itself?  Maybe a different color profile?

FWIW, I also have a NUC8i3BEH, which has a Core i3-8109U CPU, and I plan on using it in the living room connected to my LG 4K 3D OLED.  I'm currently using a Amazon FireTV for my media player in the living room with Kodi 18.6 Leia, and it works quite well for playback of just about anything, except MVC, which it plays as 2D video.  Hence the addition of the NUC.  I'll post more information once I have everything installed, and hopefully it will work correctly.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0