• 16(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
(2022-05-31, 02:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-05-30, 15:14)talgold3 Wrote:
(2022-05-30, 08:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: Font styles are integral part of graphic design. Different fonts significantly change the look and feel.

Not to mention that different fonts have different spacings, line heights, and base lines which mean that they do not align correctly - it is not simply a matter of drop a different font in, bam good to go. The whole skin needs to be changed to accomodate different spacing.

The skin uses Roboto / Roboto Condensed. Normally with a proper font fallback system, it would be possible to use Noto fonts to fill in the blanks. However, Kodi doesn't support that, so you need combined fonts. If someone supplies a Roboto based font with filled in character sets using Noto then I can support it. Otherwise no.

Heebo would be a good option but unfortunately I cannot find a condensed version.
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Heebo#standard-styles

I'm using "arctic horizon 1" with Roboto font that supports Hebrew characters and it's working flawlessly!
I can upload the font folder if it will help!
Is it Roboto Condensed?

Like I said, there is Heebo which is a Roboto+Hebrew font but it is not the Condensed version which is what I need.

I've managed to wrangle Heebo into a workable position using aspect tags to squash the font into a faked condensed version but it still isn't perfect 1:1 match. Plus there is a baseline issue that shifts the font up slightly and changes line spacing which is a problem for plotboxes.

Here is the fonts folder:
https://gofile.io/d/1ETApN

here is the list of the fonts inside:
ImageImage
All support Hebrew characters

And again, thank you for this awesome skin!
(2022-03-08, 07:31)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-03-08, 05:58)drinfernoo Wrote: Is "Flix Art" a new name for clearart?

Nope... It's corner fanart blended into a blurred background ala Netflix. And Keyart is a half screen version. Works best when the subject of the fanart is centered and the background is relatively uniform - so relies on curating artwork a little bit (especially for the KeyArt version) but can have some really nice results

FlixArt

KeyArt

ClearArt

I really love how you include clearlogo as a replacement of the text title.
(2022-05-25, 09:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-05-20, 23:08)hdmkv Wrote: Keep checking back here every week ... hope a release is "Coming Soon..." Smile.

It's really close! I just finished up the last of the PVR and the Next Aired windows, which were the two big things I needed to get done. Then there's a few "first run" type things I need to sort out to bring it up to a usable state. Hopefully should be able to sort those out this weekend and have it ready for alpha release early next week.

There will still be lots of features I need to finish and bugs to sort out after release but that's the point of an alpha release!
            Ready for alpha release early next week. 
            Hope it will be today.
Is it possible to set the option to change the font arial in “arctic horizon 2”? Because I can't change the font in “arctic horizon 1”, I can only change the font setting in the config file to arial so that the Chinese will be displayed correctly. Also you did a great job, thank you for your work.
(2022-05-31, 09:13)talgold3 Wrote:
(2022-05-31, 02:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-05-30, 15:14)talgold3 Wrote: I'm using "arctic horizon 1" with Roboto font that supports Hebrew characters and it's working flawlessly!
I can upload the font folder if it will help!
Is it Roboto Condensed?

Like I said, there is Heebo which is a Roboto+Hebrew font but it is not the Condensed version which is what I need.

I've managed to wrangle Heebo into a workable position using aspect tags to squash the font into a faked condensed version but it still isn't perfect 1:1 match. Plus there is a baseline issue that shifts the font up slightly and changes line spacing which is a problem for plotboxes.

Here is the fonts folder:
https://gofile.io/d/1ETApN

here is the list of the fonts inside:
ImageImage
All support Hebrew characters

And again, thank you for this awesome skin!

These aren't Roboto Condensed. Please see screenshot below which clearly demonstrates that they are standard Roboto which has different character spacing.

Plus the "Light" font is just Roboto Regular and isn't a Light weight. Also, these fonts appear to be based upon a significantly older version of Roboto which has quite different shapes for numbers and uppercase letters (isn't as visible in the screenshot but quite obvious on uppercase).

At least with Heebo there is a proper light font weight and it is based upon modern Roboto rather than a legacy early version.

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
TMDB Helper Addon 4.8.4 seems to be causing errors.
Are you aware?
Hoping the skin rolls out today 🤞🏻
(2022-06-02, 14:59)talismanamsilat Wrote: TMDB Helper Addon 4.8.4 seems to be causing errors.
Are you aware?

perhaps this can help, there is a dedicated threads for TMDB Helper here :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345847
OMG it is looking amazing!!! Great job!
Tries to wait patiently.... Fails. Let me try it!!!
Went from checking here once a day to 3 or 4 lol ...
When the test comes out will it be posted in repo?
Wait and I will be today too.
(2022-06-03, 04:53)neunghaha28 Wrote: Wait and I will be today too.

Not sure what that means?
(2022-06-03, 05:22)Groguuu Wrote:
(2022-06-03, 04:53)neunghaha28 Wrote: Wait and I will be today too.

Not sure what that means?

Waiting for release, I'm not good at English, sorry.  Rofl
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20