• 45(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
Glad I'm not the only one. I put in an issue on the git.
I have the same issue when I'm on a channel over 40 in the channel list. Under channel number 40 it works perfectly.
can someone try to reproduce this:

play a youtube video or live tv. while the video plays, go to a screen without transparency like skin settings and stay there for a while. 
does the audio start to stutter for you?

i've seen this a long time before while using a non-transparent skin (like 9 or 10 years ago) but since then i've changed my harware many times and always used skins that have an option to show a video in the background so i've never had this problem again until now.
everything works fine when i use it to play and watch, but when i start to do something with the addons and there's no transparency to show the video in the background, it starts to stutter, skip and lose sync.
i do have some specific video and audio settings set, but even when i set everything to default it still happens and only when the background video is not visible (covered by a non transparent window).

if i exit that screen and go back to the video, the video will fast forward from the place where it left of to the part where the audio is playing. it looks like the video pauses while the audio continues to play and they can't sync properly if not visible.
here's a video of what i mean: 
Background video just doesn't work. Or am I wrong?
(2022-06-18, 04:39)Patkino Wrote: Background video just doesn't work. Or am I wrong?

It only displays in library media windows, not on the home screen. I'm just sorting out a few issues with the home screen first.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2022-06-17, 11:47)myshield81 Wrote: First and foremost, I'm a huge fan, and I have to say this is easily shaping up to be your best work to date. Im loving AH2 so far. I'm excited to download each and every update. 

Now to my question

Are you planning on adding sort by options or any other options to Fullscreen widgets? I prefer mine to be randomized so Im not always looking at the same ones when I open up Kodi. Obviously this is just a vanity wish and is low on the totem poll of what you're updating and working on. Just a feature I'm currently wishing for.

You could use AutoWidget Wink
@jurialmunkey could you add the radio.de addon as a search provider? this works:

Code:
            <property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Radio">plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/stations/search/</property>
            <property name="widgetPath2" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Radio">/1/</property>

also, i don't know if these two are already integrated as a part of the search, but they will search trakt and mdb lists in themoviedb helper

Code:
            <property name="widgetpath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-TraktLists">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=trakt_searchlists&tmdb_type=both&query=</property>
            <property name="widgetpath2" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-TraktLists">&nextpage=false&fanarttv=false&cacheonly=true</property>

<property name="widgetpath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-MDBlist">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=mdblist_searchlists&tmdb_type=both&query=</property>
            <property name="widgetpath2" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-MDBlist">&nextpage=false&fanarttv=false&cacheonly=true</property>

and spotify
Code:
            <property name="widgetpath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-SpotifyArtists">plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=search_artists&artistid=</property>
            <property name="widgetpath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-SpotifyAlbums">plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=search_albums&albumid=</property>
            <property name="widgetpath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-SpotifySongs">plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=search_tracks&trackid=</property>
            <property name="widgetpath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-SpotifyPlaylists">plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=search_playlists&playlistid=</property>
(2022-06-17, 20:13)Hardax Wrote:
(2022-06-17, 17:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-17, 16:26)Hardax Wrote: Very nice! This new skin might just get me back to using Kodi full time again!

PVR interface request.

I believe the default skin, when listing last played changed will show what is currently playing on that Chanel as part of the widget text? Also some skins will even show a progress bar as part fo the icon.

Any chance of that happening here? Would save having to pull up the guide or click into the channel itself to see what's on.

Thanks again!

Thanks.

Sorry I'm not quite following. Do you have a screenshot of what you mean? My PVR client is fairly limited so there are a lot of PVR features that I'm not aware of (or I'm not able to use). Happy to implement things that improve PVR usability - I'm just a little blind in this regard because I don't have access to a full featured PVR client.

I actually have a decent tuner card but I frustratingly haven't been able to use it the last few years because where I live now happens to be in a reception blackspot - so I'm reliant on IPTV for PVR stuff now.
Sure thing. See the screen shot link. At a minimum the default Estuary will display what show is currently on. Your skin just shows the network logo. In the Embruary skin, it goes one step further and show the episode progress bar integrated into the widget image. Note that I dont have a tuner either. Im using a cool plugin for my Emby server that simulates a tuner using local content. Its pretty neat!

https://imgur.com/a/hdUTf9U

Oh hahaha, I was thinking of something completely different and more complex!

That's just a bug where I forgot to fix the Landscape widget sublabel variable for PVR items. Will be fixed in next release. Also progress indicators will be added for PVR widgets.
(2022-06-18, 07:07)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2022-06-17, 11:47)myshield81 Wrote: First and foremost, I'm a huge fan, and I have to say this is easily shaping up to be your best work to date. Im loving AH2 so far. I'm excited to download each and every update. 

Now to my question

Are you planning on adding sort by options or any other options to Fullscreen widgets? I prefer mine to be randomized so Im not always looking at the same ones when I open up Kodi. Obviously this is just a vanity wish and is low on the totem poll of what you're updating and working on. Just a feature I'm currently wishing for.

You could use AutoWidget Wink

I was almost going to suggest AutoWidget but I couldn't remember if it could also randomise the items inside the list itself.
(2022-06-18, 07:08)ray2301 Wrote: @jurialmunkey could you add the radio.de addon as a search provider? this works:

Code:
            <property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Radio">plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/stations/search/</property>
            <property name="widgetPath2" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Radio">/1/</property>

also, i don't know if these two are already integrated as a part of the search, but they will search trakt and mdb lists in themoviedb helper

and spotify

Added RadioDE option. Also good idea about Trakt/MDBLists search options - added.

Spotify is already there.
(2022-06-18, 01:40)ray2301 Wrote: can someone try to reproduce this:

play a youtube video or live tv. while the video plays, go to a screen without transparency like skin settings and stay there for a while. 
does the audio start to stutter for you

This will be fixed in next release. It's because there's currently no videowindow hidden in the background on those windows (I forgot to add it there). Kodi needs a hidden videowindow to force playback to buffer.
Hi, may I ask how do I add both movies & tv in the same row widgets?
Like the ones in the random popular widget? I've only added random/latest movies & tv separately in the widgets before this
Loving this skin, great work ,. Is it possible to have weather as a full screen widget? Thanks.
(2022-06-18, 09:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: This will be fixed in next release. It's because there's currently no videowindow hidden in the background on those windows (I forgot to add it there). Kodi needs a hidden videowindow to force playback to buffer.
thank you! i've spent quite some time troubleshooting my kodi and my device drivers last night Smile
Hello. 

​​​​​​With episodes of TV shows you now use for example 4x05. Can that be changed to S04E05 as in this example?
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20