Problem with force widgets refresh
I have a problem with this kodi future. It is clear to me that this must exist, but not in every case. The biggest problem for me is when my skin, which I'm developing, titan bingie mode, playing trailers. There are several problems here. The biggest one is, when the trailer starts, widget that is empty and currently hidden because of it, appears for a few seconds because it doing a refresh, pushes the other widgets down and when the refresh is complete it returns to its place. It looks like the widgets are jumping. This is a video of one of the users. Is there any way to I solve this. I tried various methods to prevent the widget from appearing during widget refresh but I failed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btKvbSJT...e=emb_logo
Another problem is that if the trailer starts in the spotlight and uses a widget with random sorting (it needs to be a random sort in order to show a different movie in a spotlight or play something hub each time), then during the trailer clearlogo and other information about the current movie changes and another one appears. Also a video of one of the users.
https://streamable.com/401eh8
Is there a chance to somehow separate video from the trailer in code or add some property for skiners. I understand the need to force refresh widget when playing a movie to get info on where we left off so we can continue. But when playing trailer, force refresh of the widget is completely unnecessary. Or if there is any property (which I haven't find) that I could use for these two problems. I would be very grateful if someone would tell me. Thanks in advance.
Moved your thread to Skinning.

Without any code I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you out.
(2022-03-16, 17:46)Hitcher Wrote: Moved your thread to Skinning.

Without any code I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you out.
Ok. Thanks and sory for wrong thread.

This is what the widget base looks like.

Code:
<include name="widget_base_normal">
        <control type="$PARAM[containerType]" id="$PARAM[widgetid]">
            <visible>$PARAM[visibility]</visible>
            <visible>String.IsEqual(Container(900).ListItem.Property(submenuVisibility),$PARAM[submenuid]) | Skin.HasSetting(ShowAllWidgets)</visible>
            <visible>Container($PARAM[widgetid]).IsUpdating | Integer.IsGreater(Container($PARAM[widgetid]).NumItems,0)</visible>
            <include condition="$PARAM[multiRows]">widget_base_vertical</include>
            <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
            <width>100%</width>
            <include>ScrollTime</include>
            <preloaditems>5</preloaditems>
            <include content="WidgetBaseBingieIncludes" condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(HomeLayout),bingie)">
                <param name="widgetid" value="$PARAM[widgetid]" />
            </include>
            <include>WidgetsBaseAnimation</include>
            <onfocus>SetProperty(ShowWidget,1,home)</onfocus>
            <include content="$PARAM[widgetStyle]">
                <param name="widgetTags" value="$PARAM[widgetTags]" />
                <param name="multiRows" value="$PARAM[multiRows]" />
            </include>
            <include content="widget_base_content_$PARAM[contentStyle]">
                <param name="submenuid" value="$PARAM[submenuid]" />
                <param name="widgetTarget" value="$PARAM[widgetTarget]" />
                <param name="widgetPath" value="$PARAM[widgetPath]" />
                <param name="widgetSortBy" value="$PARAM[widgetSortBy]" />
                <param name="widgetSortOrder" value="$PARAM[widgetSortOrder]" />
                <param name="widgetLimit" value="$PARAM[widgetLimit]" />
            </include>
        </control>
    </include>

The only thing I managed to do is hide first widget during refresh, although this is more of a forced solution, there are some visual shortcomings. But all others widgets are still making trouble. Any advice would be welcome.

Code:
<visible>!Container($PARAM[widgetid]).IsUpdating + Integer.IsGreater(Container(77777).Position,0)</visible>

As for the second problem, it's a kodi problem. I think that the cartman on whose basis my skin was made asked for a similar thing, but to date no one has answered.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339546
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340430
The problem is that kodi is forcing refresh of the widget as soon as the trailer starts, and I think that one of kodi developers should really try to find a solution for this. It's just that many users like this futures of automatic trailer playing, including me, but with this problem it's just doesn't work properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with force widgets refresh0