• 50(current)
Release Audio Passthrough IEC - TrueHD fix/workaround - Testing build
Quote:@fritsch Here: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...64-v8a.apk  - latest outcome. Curious on your feedback.

That one ☝️
Yeah - that's basically the same. With the fixes put on yesterday's master. Only thing on top I always carry is the fix for Dolby Transcoding, which no one uses here in this thread. I will push that shortly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-12, 17:10)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - that's basically the same. With the fixes put on yesterday's master. Only thing on top I always carry is the fix for Dolby Transcoding, which no one uses here in this thread. I will push that shortly.

Oh, I see. Either way, the build is working very good so far! 👍
(2023-02-12, 11:01)jogal Wrote: This is a build from now (git at c0445a8a6b5756ab01c64243175f413294ca3218) with all changes (to not have wait tomorrow):

kodi-20230211-c0445a8a-master-arm64-v8a.apk

I can confirm audio synch is fine with maxpassthroughoffsyncduration 90 and global delay -75 in advanced settings. Assuming we still need the advancedsettings with this build?
Tested briefly with TrueHD/Atmos, DTS-HD and DD+/Atmos tracks.
Good news. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22757 - everything we have tested here will also be in 20.1. (This includes the advancedsetting).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-12, 17:35)fritsch Wrote: Good news. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22757 - everything we have tested here will also be in 20.1.

So, with all these fixes which mostly applies to TrueHD since it was mostly the only audio codec having serious issues. Are there any more improvements left to do for the IEC AudioTrack in general? Well, you told me that DD+ 7.1 is broken but that’s another story. 🤔
Some of the changes also touch the generic code paths:
- Smooth of Delay method
- Buffer for all IEC formats of aimed to 128 ms

Those are minors in general.

So the "ideal version" as of now would be Nexus + ffmpeg5 backport + maybe the "Dolby-Vision direct transcoding" from Level 7 to something else. I am quite sure the usual "builders" will create something like this.
@jogal , my bad ... i wasn't awake this morning :-).
First post updated with the test build.
Will update tomorrow morning with the nightly builds.
(2023-02-12, 17:43)fritsch Wrote: Some of the changes also touch the generic code paths:
- Smooth of Delay method

So the "ideal version" as of now would be Nexus + ffmpeg5 backport + maybe the "Dolby-Vision direct transcoding" from Level 7 to something else. I am quite sure the usual "builders" will create something like this.

Wait, is Nexus getting FFmpeg 5 for the Dolby Video support in .mkv (Matroska) as currently seen in omega nightly builds? That’s one of the main reasons I’ve been using omega builds just to have that option of watching my DV content natively without having to use any custom builds. 😲
(2023-02-12, 17:48)Nuklear92 Wrote:
(2023-02-12, 17:43)fritsch Wrote: Some of the changes also touch the generic code paths:
- Smooth of Delay method

Wait, is Nexus getting FFmpeg 5 for the Dolby Video support in .mkv (Matroska) as currently seen in omega nightly builds? That’s one of the main reasons I’ve been using omega builds just to have that option of watching my DV content natively without having to use any custom builds. 😲

Nope. The Release-Team decided against that ... I can understand users very well that want stable nexus + DV feature ...
Edit: And obviously also I can understand the Release team. Kodi's world is not Android only and so on ...
(2023-02-12, 17:54)fritsch Wrote:
(2023-02-12, 17:48)Nuklear92 Wrote:
- Smooth of Delay method

Nope. The Release-Team decided against that ... I can understand users very well that want stable nexus + DV feature ...

I see, either way the great the is that the support is already built into omega and that’s eventually getting a public release so everyone can enjoy that feature as well. 🙂
(2023-02-12, 17:35)fritsch Wrote: Good news. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22757 - everything we have tested here will also be in 20.1. (This includes the advancedsetting).

When is 20.1 gonna drop?
Milestone for 20.1 Nexus says it’s estimated for April 09 release.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/milestone/154
(2023-02-12, 17:27)Ben L0nd0n Wrote: I can confirm audio synch is fine with maxpassthroughoffsyncduration 90 and global delay -75 in advanced settings. Assuming we still need the advancedsettings with this build?

Yeah you most likely do need it if you're using an Nvidia Shield, thanks to the major flaw in the firmware. You can always try removing the advanced settings to see what happens. Unfortunately a lot of Shield users (including me) experience video stutters when using AudioTrack IEC Passthrough, and the only workaround is to use those advanced settings.
I would recommend to test maxpassthroughoffsyncduration 40 - 50 - 60 and NO delay

I don't think more is needed in most setups.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough IEC - TrueHD fix/workaround - Testing build0