Flashes when sceensaver is black, or dimmed?
I use "black" as screen saver, and when a movie is paused its dimmed pretty much.

Every 5 min or so, the screen flash. Like if the screensaver goes of and then on again.

Someone with the same problem....?

I hoped it doesnt have to do with the droppes I get ever now and then in the movies...?

g780 and a 4850 is what I got,....

/Söder
It's gnome/k/x screensaver trying to activate. The dbus-send command we try to send in the launcher script is completely unreliable. If you manually inhibit the screensaver (gnome even has a toolbar plugin for this) the flash should go away.
althekiller Wrote:It's gnome/k/x screensaver trying to activate. The dbus-send command we try to send in the launcher script is completely unreliable. If you manually inhibit the screensaver (gnome even has a toolbar plugin for this) the flash should go away.

Ok, any way you can describe how to do it? It is the same as inactivate the screen saver in Ubuntu?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Ok, any way you can describe how to do it? It is the same as inactivate the screen saver in Ubuntu?

/Söder

Yup, somewere in screen settings IIRC
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:Yup, somewere in screen settings IIRC

Like "screensaver" and unmark "activate screensaver when idle"?
And never put the screen to sleep?

/Söder
It worked I think. Thanks.
/Söder
Wow, thanks! This has been bugging me FOREVER but I never mentioned it as it seemed a minor annoyance in the grand scheme. Will try this fix ASAP - appreciate it!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Superb - I thought this was either my GFX card or Screen on their way out on one of my machines - had been worrying me for ages!

Stumbled accross this thread and voila! Problem solved

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flashes when sceensaver is black, or dimmed?0