[MOD] New 'Mini' View for MultiPlex
I thought i would post this as i am quite pleased with myself, so feel free to flame away lol.

I have done this as i always thought that the other mods even though great designs tried to cram in so much info that the screen just looked cluttered and moved your eye away from the fanart which ive always thought was the main selling point of xbmc.

i have made the image slider bar smaller and put some info next to it (director, year, runtime and cast), i have removed genre, imdb user rating and main title. now before u start saying how can he remove the title, my main reason was the poster which shows you the movie title so why have it again in text making even more clutter.

the poster, flags and tagline now fade out after a few seconds revealing the fanart and when you press down the trailer will play as usual but when it finsishes it is hidden behind the fanart and only appears when you want it to, again not interffering with the fanart.

if there is some interest i might upload it, sorry for the imageshack images but i couldnt figure out how to put it directly into the thread.
It looks ok but in my oppinion and i am not knocking it as somebody else will disagree is that 1 i don't use trailers and 2 i really think it would look far cleaner without the poster either in focus or out i feel this mostly spoils the look of what is a very nice mod. if that were sorted i probably would use it as my main multiplex view(i assume it does replace one of them)
In any case nice work on the graphics, but yes i am interestedSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I like it. Not bad. However, you might want to check out MiniMeedia, which is a more compact skin that really focuses on making more of the backdrops visible. It's obviously not for everyone and you would miss out on some of the nicer Aeon features, but it's another relatively new option.
Quote:I like it. Not bad. However, you might want to check out MiniMeedia, which is a more compact skin that really focuses on making more of the backdrops visible. It's obviously not for everyone and you would miss out on some of the nicer Aeon features, but it's another relatively new option.

just had a look at it, very nice. some cool ideas. my main influence was complete minimalist, unclutterd but hows just enough to look informative.

Quote:Question do you mark where you add or change code in the .xml files? the reson i ask is because i add loads of mods into my xbox version of Auriga and it makes life a lot more simple if i can see exactly where changes have been made so i can add them into my existing mods thus no conlicts (at least in theory) but i would like to have a play with it when you finish it.

to be honest my multiplex.xml file at present is a bit of a mess, as ive been adding new code and deleting others. everything is marked but it is all over the place.
sokar666 Wrote:just had a look at it, very nice. some cool ideas. my main influence was complete minimalist, unclutterd but hows just enough to look informative.

to be honest my multiplex.xml file at present is a bit of a mess, as ive been adding new code and deleting others. everything is marked but it is all over the place.

A bit like mine thenWink
any news on this fine mod?Big Grin
Yeh much better. and where did you find the serenity fanart?
yeh i thought i just looked cleaner.

fanart i got off the moviedb.org website

like i said ill upload once ive got that blue tick issue licked otherwise other people will have the same problem.
sokar666 Wrote:yeh i thought i just looked cleaner.

fanart i got off the moviedb.org website

like i said ill upload once ive got that blue tick issue licked otherwise other people will have the same problem.
Thank's i will go grab a copy of that thanks hope you fix your problem, i will let you know if i think of ahything to sort it out.Wink
k, files have been uploaded

http://www.4shared.com/file/106946945/4c...iplex.html

once you have imported the files into xbmc you will need to put "info to on" "layout to plot" and make sure your font is set to aeon standard otherwise it wont work correctly.

i would suggest making a backup of your existing xml files just incase you dont like it
sokar666 Wrote:k, files have been uploaded

http://www.4shared.com/file/106946945/4c...iplex.html

once you have imported the files into xbmc you will need to put "info to on" "layout to plot" and make sure your font is set to aeon standard otherwise it wont work correctly.

i would suggest making a backup of your existing xml files just incase you dont like it
Cool nice one i will get on with that shortly, i assume you got rid of the blue tick,
So what was causing it and more importantly how's the kids have they all got sore bums from a old fashiond slap(ooh that stings)Laugh
I really do like this new view, What code do i need to alter to remove or disable it showing up the art in the middle of the screen, if you know what i mean? i am going to have a look at the code to see if i can figure it out. but if you have any suggestions i would be greatfull ta v much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] New 'Mini' View for MultiPlex0