[LIVE] - Western Digital External USB drive seams to "go to sleep" in middle of film.
Hi there

I got a WD 1TB drive and attached it directly to the USB port of my Zotac. Everything works perfectly... but every 40 mins the playback freezes. It is nto a crash as the xbmc menus work.... I just need to stop and restart the video...

I think it is the drive going to sleep....

Any ideas on this? Anyway to stop it?
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Hi, having a similar problem as well. I have a usb hard drive (formatted with ext3) connected to my zotac and I am getting random freezes while playing specifically 1080P content, except in my case the system becomes unresponsive and I have to hard reset. It produces no crash log.

I contemplated whether it was something to do with the my usb drive as well. I am now testing whether the same content produces the crash via 100baseT.

Hardware:
ZBOX HD-ND02 - ZOTAC
2Gb RAM (Preformed a memtest and was ok)
32Gb SSD
HP USB MCE IR Receiver
External USB drive (formatted with ext3)

XBMCbuntu 10.04
Dharma beta 4 (happened with beta 3 as well)

How do you know that it's the hard drive going to sleep that's causing the problem?

In any case, I'd like to know if there's a way to do this as well.
http://www.ctrlv.ca/2010/04/181/

take a look
joelones Wrote:http://www.ctrlv.ca/2010/04/181/

take a look

Hey, i'm actually the author of that article, and I just wanted to point out that I updated it this morning. I forgot one very important detail in it, and that was saving the information so that it worked across reboots.

Sorry if this has caused any headaches, I have updated the article accordingly.
Hi,

I also face the buffering issue when i play 1080p files from USB. it stutters every 5 minute and then plays again. does anybody have any solution. i use the latest dharma 10.1 version and have updated all drivers to the latest one. i have a zotac hd-id11 which is connected directly to my TV's HDMI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - Western Digital External USB drive seams to "go to sleep" in middle of film.0