Media Flag Question
Hello,
I've been trying to get my media flags to show just right - been through several threads and the wiki on the matter, so I'm hoping someone might be able to point out where I'm going wrong.

I'm currently using Aeon65, with Media Companion to generate my .nfos, and my flags for audio, video resolution, aspect ratio, rating, and studio are showing fine. However, I can't get source (blu-ray) to display, no matter what I try.

According to the wiki, media source from the filename or the directory name. But I've tried <moviename> bluray, <moviename> blu-ray in all sorts of combinations of the directory and filename, but to no avail so far. I couldn't find any place for <source> in the .nfo, and if I remove the .nfo and rescrape with xbmc, it displays the codec (VC-1, etc) on the far left where I'd like the blu-ray logo to show. I've double-checked and the bluray.png file is located properly in the media>flags>source folder.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated it - this has really been driving me nuts!
There use to be an option in Settings

Settings > Advanced > Views, Show source flag instead of codec flag

It works off file name normally but if you added it to the file name after your movies were already in your library you would need to refresh the ones you added it to
I've been doing some searching and apparently someone wrote a program called "media flag updater" ... I am about to use it shortly, I'll let you know how it goes.
>>X<<' Wrote:There use to be an option in Settings

Settings > Advanced > Views, Show source flag instead of codec flag

It works off file name normally but if you added it to the file name after your movies were already in your library you would need to refresh the ones you added it to

it will also use a 'source' tag from an .nfo file - this is the way I do it.
@cnm25

The option to switch to source flag instead of codec is still there in Aeon65 I checked

SophT Wrote:it will also use a 'source' tag from an .nfo file - this is the way I do it.

I checked the flagging xml in Aeon65 and its using filename and I'm not even aware that there is such a thing as 'source' tag ? if you think Ember adds one it doesn't just displays one in the program, codec gets added not source and all this info comes from the db anyway even if your using nfo's, source is definitely not in the db

You can use codec and resolution in a skin to determine the source but its not as accurate as filename
I set "moviename.bluray.m2ts" and bluray flag appears.
>>X<<' Wrote:@cnm25

The option to switch to source flag instead of codec is still there in Aeon65 I checked

Bingo! Switching this parameter worked perfectly - thank you so much for pointing me in this direction, >>X<<; I feel like I can finally rest easy..lol

Hopefully this might help others in a similar situation, as I didn't realize Aeon65 prioritizes the codec flag over source.

SophT Wrote:it will also use a 'source' tag from an .nfo file - this is the way I do it.

Do you mean you add your own tag to the .nfo? For instance, <source>bluray</source>? I'll experiment with this a bit and see if I get a similar result, if only for curiosity's sakeSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flag Question0