• 29(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
i have asked this a few times in this thread, and haven't really received a response which i find odd since this is a XBMC forum, but the XBMC Module doesn't seem to work for me, i don't like that if i edit data, i have to manually refresh in XBMC, this module is suppose to interact directly with the XBMC database right? well how do u set it up? i can't add more than one source, nor can i add TV at all. i have 2 movie sources, it only lets me add one, and no TV. big problem after updating, then in XBMC i remove the source and set it up again for a fresh scan, quite annoying
--
prophetizer Wrote:i have asked this a few times in this thread, and haven't really received a response which i find odd since this is a XBMC forum, but the XBMC Module doesn't seem to work for me, i don't like that if i edit data, i have to manually refresh in XBMC, this module is suppose to interact directly with the XBMC database right? well how do u set it up? i can't add more than one source, nor can i add TV at all. i have 2 movie sources, it only lets me add one, and no TV. big problem after updating, then in XBMC i remove the source and set it up again for a fresh scan, quite annoying

This module is only half working. The real time sync is not working, and i don't think it has ever worked. Manual updating should work fine with the latest version of XBMC..

Correction. you are correct that it only sees on source. Put in a trac ticket and we'll look into it. you should be able to edit the advacedsettings.xml file directly for now.
Big Grin 
It looks like TMDB has made some changes to where they host there images.

Changes have been made and i think i have fixed the one work around to select your correct image.

Download your correct file
x64 - Download
x86 - Download

replace all instances in the emm directory.

USE the link below if you run into any issues
tuscani Wrote:This module is only half working. The real time sync is not working, and i don't think it has ever worked. Manual updating should work fine with the latest version of XBMC..

Correction. you are correct that it only sees on source. Put in a trac ticket and we'll look into it. you should be able to edit the advacedsettings.xml file directly for now.

why would i edit the advancedsettings.xml file?
--
tuscani Wrote:This is great. Would you mind if we put this up on SF.net?

emm-r is just as stable as the original EMM. So far the only changes that have been made are to compensate for embermm.com is no longer online and an tmdb image d/l enhancement.

Another developer has joined up and development should pickup on fixing bugs and enhancements. if you want your voice to be heard, head over here for bug fixes and suggestions.

About SF.net - Not at all. I would be honored. Send me your IM or email I'll send it over.

Well these were problems I've read and had myself, would you mind covering these:

Quote:I myself have had problems scraping all my movies for trailers, while having the same settings in both programs.
The program just froze after a couple of movies an left an incomplete trailer. I did try again and had the same result.

Other users have commented that poster size and/or fanart sizes are smaller in scale or not available in EMM-r while they are in EMM?

I've also read that you'll need to have an initial database file - empty or old, for EMM-r to work?

Correct me if these assumptions are wrong.

Hooterman Wrote:I'm in the camp of people that haven't experienced any problems with EMM-r yet. The whole reason that I even found -r was because I went to scrape with EMM and it was only finding art sizes that were super low resolution. EMM-r along with Rogue's scraper has me back to finding all the high res stuff again.

I don't scrape trailers, so I can't comment on that one.

When I started using -r I started fresh, I didn't try to use it with any of the old EMM files and didn't have any problems in the transition after it rescanned everything again.

Lets see what Tuscani responds about it.

Rogue's scraper? Is that included in emm-r?
rogues is not included, but the newest update is a page or 2 back, and it works great, here is post to the newest http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=725...tcount=383
--
Not really sure what''s going wrong for me - I have my films set up like this:

K:/
-Films
--Film Name (xxxx)
---FilmName.avi
--Film Name (xxxx

So I added K/Films to the sources list, and clicking OK/Update library does nothing! No error or anything comes up or appears in the log, nothing seems to happen. Have tried without and without recursive setting etc. Any tips?
Fixed it - there were no file types in the 'list of accepted file types :/ Is that to be expected of a fresh install or have i missed something?
dannycorker Wrote:Fixed it - there were no file types in the 'list of accepted file types :/ Is that to be expected of a fresh install or have i missed something?

That's unusual. It should have quite a few on the list. It should be in settings.xml near the end of the file. Maybe reinstall?
Is there a way to make a macro?
At the moment I have to click Update Library, then click Scrape > New > Automatic. When that's done I have to Update Library so it cleans the library as I have automatic file renaming after the scraping and the library does not auto update and recognise the changed folder/file names leaving the residual file names in the list.

Also is it possible to add a regex for %20 (a space in a web address) to equal a real space?
Cheers
Issues i'm having is that the poster sizes is no longer what it use to be. Now I only get max 300x500 and before I got bigger and also so called Multiple where you selected the size you wanted. This started happening even before i upgraded to this new version, and is still there.

Suggstions?
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated
TheSwede1970 Wrote:Issues i'm having is that the poster sizes is no longer what it use to be. Now I only get max 300x500 and before I got bigger and also so called Multiple where you selected the size you wanted. This started happening even before i upgraded to this new version, and is still there.

Suggstions?

Did you read even 2 pages back before posting ? Huh

tuscani Wrote:It looks like TMDB has made some changes to where they host there images.

Changes have been made and i think i have fixed the one work around to select your correct image.

Download your correct file
x64 - Download
x86 - Download

replace all instances in the emm directory.

USE the link below if you run into any issues

RogueDazza Wrote:To those of you who have found my scraper useful:

The reason that the scrapers have been pulling down the 'cover' posters from TMDB only is that TMDB have changed the location of where they store their images.
Ember is looking for 'themoviedb.org' in the image url to determine whether it is a TMDB image (after downloading all images from the sites required) and this is no longer the case.
The problem with using the 'Use Image Cache' workaround is that Ember's native scrapers will then download every single image from TMDB before presenting them for selection.
This is unnecessary as the various sizes are grouped together per picture and you only need to download the cover initially and then select the size you want.

I have modified my scraper to restore the original functionality you are used to from the native scraper - you will notice that there will be less images but they will have 'Multiple' under them to indicate there are multiple sizes available.

Before anybody asks the obvious question:
I would love to contribute to this in a bigger way but simply do not have the time to spare at the moment.
I will help out where I can and will try to keep my scraper up to date.
Also, keep in mind that AddOn scrapers do not have a lot of control over how the information they collect is used and are dependant on the core Ember code.
So, for instance, I can't simply add some extra settings in my scraper as I would then have to write custom code to save them with the others.

Here is a link to my latest scraper version: http://www.mediafire.com/?pb5ctc8uuc8d7if
For those who aren't aware - to use this scraper:
1. copy it into Ember's 'Modules' directory.
2. Goto Edit -> Settings -> Movies and it should appear in your scrapers list.
3. You need to click on it and enable it (and move it to the top of the list, of course Big Grin)

Happy Scraping!
Is there anyway to save Actor's pictures to a folder instead of using the IMDB link? I like having everything local because it is a lot faster to a load a picture from my HardDrive then downloading it.
I've been toying around with Ember Media Manager and Media Companion...

I really like EMM and when testing a few movies I noticed it did not some. After some poking around I noticed it did not include movies with the .001, .002, etc... extensions. So I added .001 to the "Valid Video Extensions" list and updated the library, still not all movies were displayed. Further poking around I noticed the remaining movies that were excluded were movies that contained the CD1 / CD2 folders.

Since this folder structure is supported by XBMC, Is there no way to also config EMM to recognize that folder structure? I've been digging around here and on google and have yet to find a solution. And I would prefer not to change the existing folder structure.

Anyone out there solve this issue? Surely plenty of people have also come across this issue.
Basically anything I click on gives me the SQlite error.
has anyone figured this out yet?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13