Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iPad 3 and xbmc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(2012-06-02, 14:25)kasion Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC is a great app for ipad3

There still a little lag for 1080p mkv ,and when play 1080p mp4 only 15-16FPS

hopping for the performence improment

(2012-06-03, 16:46)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]next nightly will be fast on mkv content again - but with resolution clamped down ...

Hi,
My 1080p mkv play fine even over wifi, very smooth, really. This one for example :

*** Paramètres généraux ***
- Nom : Cars.mkv
- Container : Matroska
- Taille du fichier : 12.348 Go
- Longueur : 1h 56mn
- Débit total : 14.1 Mbps

*** Paramètres piste vidéo ***
- Format : H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- Débit : max. : non défini / moyen : 12.0 Mbps / min. : non défini
- Fréquence d'image (i/s) : max. : non définie / moyen : 23.976 / min. : non définie
- Profil d'encodage : [email protected]
- Largeur (Nbre de pixels) : 1920*1080
- Aspect des pixels : 1:1
- Proportion de l'image : 16:9
- Entrelacement : progressif

*** Paramètres première piste audio ***
- Format : DTS Coherent Acoustics
- Débit : 1 510 Kbps
- Résolution : 24 bits
- Profil d'encodage : ES
- Nbre de canaux : 2 (stéréo)
- Position des canaux : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

*** Divers ***
- Sous-titres : #1 : UTF-8 - français /
- Album : non défini
- Artiste : non défini
- Genre : non défini
- Date d'encodage : UTC 2010-07-15 11:07:30
- Artiste de l'album : non défini

So please let everything that way, there's no need to reduce quality, i think kasion problem might not be everyone's. As i said my heaviest mkv play fine over a 5ghz wifi.

Thanks, do not hesitate asking me questions about my equipment.
I am having some troubles getting the iPad 3 to read the MySQL library that my apple tvs currently use. I will post some logs when I am home.
(2012-06-03, 18:45)Shawn le messie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-02, 14:25)kasion Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC is a great app for ipad3

There still a little lag for 1080p mkv ,and when play 1080p mp4 only 15-16FPS

hopping for the performence improment

(2012-06-03, 16:46)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]next nightly will be fast on mkv content again - but with resolution clamped down ...

Hi,
My 1080p mkv play fine even over wifi, very smooth, really. This one for example :

*** Paramètres généraux ***
- Nom : Cars.mkv
- Container : Matroska
- Taille du fichier : 12.348 Go
- Longueur : 1h 56mn
- Débit total : 14.1 Mbps

*** Paramètres piste vidéo ***
- Format : H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- Débit : max. : non défini / moyen : 12.0 Mbps / min. : non défini
- Fréquence d'image (i/s) : max. : non définie / moyen : 23.976 / min. : non définie
- Profil d'encodage : [email protected]
- Largeur (Nbre de pixels) : 1920*1080
- Aspect des pixels : 1:1
- Proportion de l'image : 16:9
- Entrelacement : progressif

*** Paramètres première piste audio ***
- Format : DTS Coherent Acoustics
- Débit : 1 510 Kbps
- Résolution : 24 bits
- Profil d'encodage : ES
- Nbre de canaux : 2 (stéréo)
- Position des canaux : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

*** Divers ***
- Sous-titres : #1 : UTF-8 - français /
- Album : non défini
- Artiste : non défini
- Genre : non défini
- Date d'encodage : UTC 2010-07-15 11:07:30
- Artiste de l'album : non défini

So please let everything that way, there's no need to reduce quality, i think kasion problem might not be everyone's. As i said my heaviest mkv play fine over a 5ghz wifi.

Thanks, do not hesitate asking me questions about my equipment.

Then better keep your current version. As i said i won't change it back and forth. We will remove the clamp once we have done the optimisation davilla has mentioned. No ETA.
(2012-05-30, 23:53)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 23:20)jackmeehan Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the latest nightly (xbmc-20120529-303712d-master-ios.deb) and XBMC looks great in retina on iPad 3. My problem is I use a shared MySQL library and it seems that the nightly is not compatible with my library - XBMC is not recognising that I have a library in place at all.

Is this expected behaviour and is there any workaround?

no and there are no workarounds unless you post xbmc.log so we can see just what's going on.

Thanks for the reply - it seems that XBMC did not create the v64 database correctly the first time, I just deleted the database and restarted XBMC. It created my v64 database correctly the second time.

My other issue is that I am using Eden on my HTPC and since Eden is using video database v60 and Frodo is using v64, both machines are not keeping in sync. Is there a workaround for this? Or is there a patch that I can apply to XBMC Eden on my iPad to retina-ize it without using the frodo nightly?
It would be great to get a "retina-ized" version of Eden in 11.1

Yes, the 1080p mkv/m2ts works now perfect, but the resolution is bad, which one do you use?

Is this resolution clamp down temperory or the only way to play it smooth?
read post #93 for the answer.

I don't care which one i use because i only got an ipad1 Smile
i saw in the code that the clamp resolution width is 960 which is the iphone 4x resolution. how about making it 1024 for ipad12 and 1280 for the ipad3.
(2012-06-04, 17:55)martix Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, the 1080p mkv/m2ts works now perfect, but the resolution is bad, which one do you use?

Is this resolution clamp down temperory or the only way to play it smooth?
I have to stay with june 03 deb cause it is retina ready And play really smooth on my iPad 3, do you play mkv "locally" or via wifi ?. Can you remux your mkv to m4v to check if it's not smooth with yesterday deb ? If yes maybe you can do that for all you mkvs and ask for a retina xbmc again.
Guys just give us some weeks. Our goal is of course to remove that clamp for the iPad3 but there are some optimisations needed for beeing sure that its most likly working for all of you. Until then please be patient.
Guys, cant get svt play addon to work with xbmc eden on ipad 3. Any thoughts?

Edit: Fixed it, got to uninstall and completly wipe with ssh and install again.
(2012-06-04, 22:20)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Guys just give us some weeks. Our goal is of course to remove that clamp for the iPad3 but there are some optimisations needed for beeing sure that its most likly working for all of you. Until then please be patient.
Most of us are very patient and ofcourse thankful of all the work being done.
When the nightly containing the fixes will appear online, will we find an update here about it or will you post it somewhere else ? It's so that we can track the progress without asking Smile
Normally i manage it to post in the according thread when such things are changed/fixed. Trust me Wink
My xbmc -->> iPad 3 was crashing since the last 2 updates but the latest one seems to have fixed the crash so far.. Thanks for the updates.. Good job

Edit : Okay, it just started crashing again, I have even done a fresh install after wiping all data, the only stable one is the v11.0 which doesn't have retina display. I started experience this crash 2 days ago after installing one of the better. I tried to role back to a previous version that was stable for me but nothing works any more than than the official non retina v11.0. Here's log http://pastebin.com/irGTVBHW
Waiting for the smooth and real 1080P rendering version

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18