Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO Compile Tvheadend & HDHomerun on Synology NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
I installed tvheadend as described in the post #179

Code:
Code:
sudo apt-get install curl
Code:
curl http://apt.tvheadend.org/repo.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -

Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

add this line in the end of file:
Code:
deb http://apt.tvheadend.org/unstable wheezy main

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install tvheadend

TVHeadend running around was also created during installation user named HTS and tvheadend is installed in /home/hts/.hts

I want the update version to latest git and for example change the configure. I do this:

Code:
chroot /volume1/@appstore/debian-chroot/var/chroottarget /bin/bash

cd home

git clone https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend (it will be latest!)

cd tvheadend

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bundle --disable-avahi

make

make install

But tvheadend did not update. I know because on my old DS213 afetr this update and configuration have option transcoding in option>configuration>general and now have not transcoding option avaible. In this and still have version 3.9.373 whezzy
Btw, I contacted the support about my DVB-S2 Skystar USB HD on armadaxp. It would be nice if you contacted them about your HDHR and 5.0 Only they require kernel debugging, for this will need to temporarily remove third-party packages. And again have to temporarily install 5.0. But they will think and work, now half of the devices stated in the compatibility sheet doesn't work on half of the DS Smile
aisman please help...Smile
(2014-01-27, 21:47)aisman Wrote: [ -> ]@Smiggel

you are wellcome Wink

I have just one small issue left. For some reason I can not access mysql anymore with my XBMC system. Also phpMyAdmin on the NAS will not connect anymore. Do you know what this can be?
Did you see what version installed from repo? The main git hasn't been updated for 10 days, you are trying to install new, but it's up to date.
(2014-01-27, 21:56)aisman Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I contacted the support about my DVB-S2 Skystar USB HD on armadaxp. It would be nice if you contacted them about your HDHR and 5.0 Only they require kernel debugging, for this will need to temporarily remove third-party packages. And again have to temporarily install 5.0. But they will think and work, now half of the devices stated in the compatibility sheet doesn't work on half of the DS Smile

I will contact them about it. Would be a shame not being able to upgrade to 5.0 because of this problem.
(2014-01-27, 22:01)Smiggel Wrote: [ -> ]

you are wellcome Wink

I have just one small issue left. For some reason I can not access mysql anymore with my XBMC system. Also phpMyAdmin on the NAS will not connect anymore. Do you know what this can be?

Is there big loading of RAM? Did you install update-4? Wink
(2014-01-27, 22:02)aisman Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see what version installed from repo? The main git hasn't been updated for 10 days, you are trying to install new, but it's up to date.

Yes i see

3.9.373~g55c2bbb~wheezy

But i want install version without wheezy and with default option transcoding show in GUI.

And if so what I wrote as I was doing the update is correct?
(2014-01-27, 22:03)aisman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-27, 22:01)Smiggel Wrote: [ -> ]

you are wellcome Wink

Is there big loading of RAM? Did you install update-4? Wink

Hmmm, nevermind. Have no idea what happened, but it suddenly worked. Confused Really don't get it.

Oh yes, after manually updating to 4.3 I let the NAS upgrade itself to 4.3-4
Code:
which tvheadend

if it is /usr/bin/tvheadend in future ./configure -- prefix=/usr

you may now do this

Code:
apt-get remove tvheadend

go to your building od tvheadend and

Code:
make install
Yes

root@Synology_DS713:/home/tvheadend# which tvheadend
/usr/bin/tvheadend
root@Synology_DS713:/home/tvheadend#

In update i describe in post #256 i use:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bundle --disable-avahi

After apt-get remove tvheadend , the app was deleted.
I go to /home/tvheadend where clone git and do
make install and:
Code:
root@Synology_DS713:/home/tvheadend# make install
CC              tvheadend
install -d /usr/bin
install /home/tvheadend/build.linux/tvheadend /usr/bin/tvheadend
install -d /usr/share/man/man1
install /home/tvheadend/man/tvheadend.1 /usr/share/man/man1/tvheadend.1
for bundle in docs/html docs/docresources src/webui/static data/conf data/dvb-scan; do \
                mkdir -p /usr/share/tvheadend/$bundle ;\
                cp -Lr /home/tvheadend/$bundle/*  /usr/share/tvheadend/$bundle ;\
        done
find /usr/share/tvheadend -name .git -exec rm -rf {} \; &>/dev/null || /bin/true

Nothing right now I do not understand.
and what you are not understand? You installed tvheadend. All is good.
But now i want to update this to latest git and with my option config as i updated in my old DS213 as describe very simple.

After remove and make install webgui didnt work: http://adres ip:9981
didnt display
What do you mean in "option config"? Your config in ./configure --blah --blah --blah
ok works ok. I must stop and start /etc/init.d/tvheadend
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35