Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(2013-04-02, 11:28)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Please test it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1384981

1MB log @ https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6902100/XBMC/20130402_xbmc.log

No change in tvheadend.
Ive testet rbej's Version yesterday with vdr-2.0 and vnsi as backend and it seems to work. Did not get any black screen while switching to several different channels in HD and SD.
Only thing that ive seen in the morning is buffering several times during half an hour of watching austrian morning-tv an minimal async audio in some scenes but this could also be the channel itsself. I will furthermore test the release in the evening.
(2013-04-03, 07:34)PeaceMkr Wrote: [ -> ]Ive testet rbej's Version yesterday with vdr-2.0 and vnsi as backend and it seems to work. Did not get any black screen while switching to several different channels in HD and SD.
Only thing that ive seen in the morning is buffering several times during half an hour of watching austrian morning-tv an minimal async audio in some scenes but this could also be the channel itsself. I will furthermore test the release in the evening.

Please test boot version. This is very important. Which work better??.

http://www.mediafire.com/?csrpxwdx01pmhrs

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1384981
What difference are between the version from yesterday and today?
Test version inlude FernetMenta patches. Frodo Branch version include Popcornmix patches.
hello,

I found an solution, the problem is from the tvheadend backend server. I update to the newest beta version (3.3.491).

For use the new vesion, you just open a SSH session and enter these comands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adamsutton/tvheadend-beta
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

My Rpi is under openelec 3.0.0 (stable).

Best regards
That is funny.
I was running 3.5.xxx and had the problems anyway. I'll try updating to latest tvheadend nightly but doubt it will help.
Hi All,

the similar situation here like boundouny has...

I have upgraded OE and TVheadend SW to latest builds and TVH HW as well during eastern...
I tried Live TV on RPi after that - just for case what ifSmile...and It was running..again and again.. I couldn't believe that, but it was true.
I've not been able to simulate the issues anymore since upgrade/update. sync/aspect/switching/SD/HD, all okSmile

I really don't know what solved/repaired the issue and I' afraid of touching anything, but glad it works.

RPi 512 MB:
-OpenELEC Stable - Raspberry Pi ARM Version:3.0.0

Atom PC with 4GB RAM, TBS6984 dvb-s2 card:
-Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
-HTS Tvheadend 3.5.72~ge9ce021 (git version)
-timeshifting switched on

thanks a lot for all of the work around this
take care
j.
What are the changes in Tvheadend then?
I'm away from home, i'll try to test the combo OE3 + TVH tonight..
i wonder to know which changes did the trick ...
...really? is this really fixed? If so, freaking awesome! I know this has been a thorn in the side for a while. Who do I buy a beer for?
Test it before you celebrate... Wink
This has been "fixed" several times aloready, but so far none of the fixes have stuck.

The good new is that this is finally seriously being worked on, so it should be fixed for everybody soon.
@rbej Ive tested the build you told me to do and it works like a charm with vnsi. Switched channels in all constellations and no black screens anymore. Only problem i now have is, that i get double-keypresses with my gpio-ir in xbmc. irw-output is fine. only tells me that i pressed the button once. in xbmc i get 3 or 4 keypresses..
so i need to switch back to raspbmc where that lircd.conf workd without any problems and hope the patches arrive there in time..
Still getting misc results with tvheadend, nothing is fix for me.
(I haven't tried vnsi again, last time I checked it was perfect).

My previous tests were with tvheadend v3.2.18, I tried today an updated git version with both of rbej builds, Frodo and the Test build.
I haven't made enough tests, so I failed to notice which of the build is better regarding channel switching, but the Test build is unstable, it freezed and reboot on pvr database wipe and when disabling the pvr feature.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30