Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic mk. II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Can anyone explain how to just get the updates using github?
jurialmunkey, one thing I've noticed, when using the "Landscape" view for episodes, the selected one would kind of pop out before, I'm no longer seeing that animation, could you re-add that?

Thanks in advance.
(2013-07-09, 15:11)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone explain how to just get the updates using github?
"git pull" (without the quotes) from the git terminal inside the cloned directory.
Here is a tutorial: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123465

(2013-07-09, 15:34)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey, one thing I've noticed, when using the "Landscape" view for episodes, the selected one would kind of pop out before, I'm no longer seeing that animation, could you re-add that?
I changed the way it was coded. I'll have a look adding a zoom animation, but can't promise anything.
(2013-07-09, 15:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-09, 15:11)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone explain how to just get the updates using github?
"git pull" (without the quotes) from the git terminal inside the cloned directory.
Here is a tutorial: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123465

(2013-07-09, 15:34)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey, one thing I've noticed, when using the "Landscape" view for episodes, the selected one would kind of pop out before, I'm no longer seeing that animation, could you re-add that?
I changed the way it was coded. I'll have a look adding a zoom animation, but can't promise anything.

Thanks, I'll give the tutorial a try.

Also thanks for looking into the landscape view request. If you're unable to make the change, I understand.

As mentioned before, thanks for such quick follow up.
(2013-07-09, 16:09)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'll give the tutorial a try.
Also thanks for looking into the landscape view request. If you're unable to make the change, I understand.

No problem. Just had a look at the landscape view then - I remember now why I removed the zoom animation. There isn't really a simple way to mask images in xbmc, so when the reflections overlap (from the zoom animation) they look really ugly because the parts that overlap add together. I did manage to put in a little bit of zoom without overlap, but its not very much (6% to be exact). I cant get any more without increasing the gaps between unfocused items (or using a far more complicated method which I can't be bothered with) - and I don't really want to increase the gaps. So I added an option for focus zoom in the landscape view options.
(2013-07-09, 16:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-09, 16:09)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'll give the tutorial a try.

No problem. Just had a look at the landscape view then - I remember now why I removed the zoom animation. There isn't really a simple way to mask images in xbmc, so when the reflections overlap (from the zoom animation) they look really ugly because the parts that overlap add together. I did manage to put in a little bit of zoom without overlap, but its not very much (6% to be exact). I cant get any more without increasing the gaps between unfocused items (or using a far more complicated method which I can't be bothered with) - and I don't really want to increase the gaps. So I added an option for focus zoom in the landscape view options.

Thanks, I'm sure it'll look just fine for me. Much appreciated
jurialmunkey, I seem to have check marks as watched status in movies (not in TV shows though), any chance you've altered something you didn't intend to?

Or is my computer once again competing for the role of Village Idiot. Tongue
(2013-07-09, 17:16)somawhite402 Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey, I seem to have check marks as watched status in movies (not in TV shows though), any chance you've altered something you didn't intend to?

No, I think you've just caught me between updates. The checkmarks are meant to be there, I'm just trying them out instead of the aeon style "watched" banner on posters. I think that they fit with the overal style a bit better, but I'm wondering what everyone thinks about them (I'm quite happy to go back to the old aeon nox style if everyone really prefers them).
(2013-07-09, 17:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-09, 17:16)somawhite402 Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey, I seem to have check marks as watched status in movies (not in TV shows though), any chance you've altered something you didn't intend to?

No, I think you've just caught me between updates. The checkmarks are meant to be there, I'm just trying them out instead of the aeon style "watched" banner on posters. I think that they fit with the overal style a bit better, but I'm wondering what everyone thinks about them (I'm quite happy to go back to the old aeon nox style if everyone really prefers them).

Personally I'd prefer the aeon style "watched" banner on posters.
(2013-07-09, 17:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

+1 for the checkmark
when it comes to the watched notification, I notice on tv shows the checkmark for each episode, that I do like but on the season or TV show cover if all shows are watched, there's nothing, if possible if all shows are watched can the aeon style "watched" banner be there and keep he checkmarks on individual episodes?
I prefer the banner style personally. It fits in nicely with the rest of the theme.

Also I've been asked several times by various family members "What does that tick thing mean?" on other skins using them and not once with skins using a similar textual banner style Tongue
Could someone please advise how I get the movie library view as shown in the first screenshot, tried everything with no joy.
(2013-07-10, 00:11)wgards8 Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone please advise how I get the movie library view as shown in the first screenshot, tried everything with no joy.

That would be the "classic info" view.

Click down twice, select "View" scroll down to "Classic Info"
One other question. Is there a setting I need to change too get the American flag on movies and tv show, everything shows the British flag.

I have the correct setting under Skin setting: "View" for "Motion Picture rating country: US
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33