Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic mk. II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(2013-07-27, 07:08)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey looks good to me. if possible in all the views show the title if there is no logo?
Do you mean when the logo is disabled or if logos are enabled but that particular movie/tvshow etc does not have an individual clearlogo?

(2013-07-27, 08:16)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]There's also no play button on the info screen when using the YouTube addon. Only a refresh button.

In regards to big list, wouldn't it be better to remove the tiny little posters, move the list to the left and have a large poster thumbnail with info underneath on the right? With an option to change the poster to fanart or thumbnail. Just like the 'media info view' in confluence. Seems more practical to me, using more realestate to display more titles.

*edit*
Also, the white border around posters on the widgets on the home screen are not there anymore for me since I updated.
Info should be fixed now.

I've actually got a view kind of like that coming which I'm going to replace the info list with. Basically its pretty similar to the info list in the original xperience1080. Poster on the left, list in the middle, and fanart on the right with info/plot etc. overlayed on top of it.

The border around the widgets should now be a thinner blue border. What colour theme are you using? Are you by any chance using a modified one? If you are, you need to stick this in there:
Code:
<color name="Mod_Glow_Border">ffffffff</color>

I'm using that to control the opacity of the selection border via colour themes. That's how I can have a fade cover theme. I make the selection border transparent and change the fade to a transparent white (rather than a slight dim).

(2013-07-27, 09:03)cruse Wrote: [ -> ]I think the setting that preferred clearlogo over poster in OSD also got lost, please revive it as well.

What about a third option showing nothing on top, since there's still so much real estate in the bottom section (right now) to put it there. I think the current section pressing info in OSD is too large. I would make the bottom 'modular', with every module of the same height, which are buttons, progress bar and info. Pressing up in info could double the info module height to show more of the plot. Right now, if the plot is hidden to prevent spoilers, a lot of space is wasted and lots of content is covered unnecessarily by the overlay.

In reFocus Big we offered the option to get rid of the crowding clearlogo/poster elements within the bottom overlay with their different aspect ratios and to put the clearlogo above. I think your skin would benefit most from just the clearlogo left and directly above the bottom overlay (like the X and arrow buttons to the right).
Yeah, I'll add the clearlogo back in when I get a chance.

I'm not sure about putting the clocks/volume in the bottom section because I think it is natural to look at the top of the screen when changing the volume (which only shows the top bar). However, I do like the modular idea of only showing the title/genre/ratings etc. then pressing up to have the plot slide up. There are two main issues I can think of: (1) I think generally when using the PVR section, the expected behaviour is that the plot is shown by default - but that is easy to make conditional.

(2) More importantly, with a shorter panel there isn't much height left for a clearlogo -- currently the poster obscures the "playing / paused / seeking" label. When the info screen is showing and the video is paused or seeking, the poster slides up to show the label. Basically, with the clear logo enabled, this label would have to be hidden -- so it creates the issue of how to show that the video is paused. Of course, if the clearlogo is above the overlay, that solves the problem. But then there is the issue of what to show in that space when the plot is extended up (or perhaps the logo could then slide down??).
Thanks!

(1) Yeah agree, PVR with plot conditional.

(2) Always above yeah, plot and progress can expand to the newfound place to the left offering lots of space for elements even in those modules with lesser height. You might have to scrap posters in OSD once and for all though going that route. If plot is extended up you could also slide the clearlogo up, so it's always on top of either info or extended info module.

In general I even agree it's natural to expect the clock at the upper right, perhaps it's just the chapters throwing me off in the upper left. Maybe those could be integrated below.
jurialmunkey,

Info for YouTube Is not fixed... There's still no play button, just 'choose art' and 'refresh'
And the blue outline is not present in 'default (fade covers)' color scheme. I use that theme because I like the white washed covers, but I modify them to be at about 20ffffff not 88ffffff but in doing so, its nearly impossible to know what's highlighted in the widgets. Perhaps make the blue outline universal in all color schemes?

*edit*
Never mind I just created a personal color scheme :-)

Cheers,
Keep up the amazing work!

Loggio.
(2013-07-27, 10:43)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey,

Info for YouTube Is not fixed... There's still no play button, just 'choose art' and 'refresh'
And the blue outline is not present in 'default (fade covers)' color scheme. I use that theme because I like the white washed covers, but I modify them to be at about 20ffffff not 88ffffff but in doing so, its nearly impossible to know what's highlighted in the widgets. Perhaps make the blue outline universal in all color schemes?

*edit*
Never mind I just created a personal color scheme :-)

Cheers,
Keep up the amazing work!

Loggio.

Hopefully *finger crossed* the youtube issue should be fixed now. Can you test for me and let me know? I think it was because I only tested it with the Cinema Experience add-on disabled (or enabled, can't remember -- I tested both ways this time).

Yeah, I thought that might be the problem with the border. I made the fade covers theme specifically to have no border. As long as you set Mod_Glow_Border to ffffffff in the color theme you use, then the borders will be displayed.
Yep working fine now cheers
PVR Updates and Info / Big List updates
watch gallery
Great skin !!! any chance of the Banner Panel view back in for TV shows the view just looks great !
Where abouts in Melbourne are you jurialmunkey?
I love the new look, that's great.

One question, is there a way to use fanart/extra fanart in music but not in Movies and TV Shows?
(2013-07-27, 12:31)fodster Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin !!! any chance of the Banner Panel view back in for TV shows the view just looks great !
Yeah, ok Wink
I put it back in. There isn't going to be an option for the poster though and no glass backing panel either.

(2013-07-27, 12:35)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Where abouts in Melbourne are you jurialmunkey?
I'm not... NSW.

(2013-07-27, 12:38)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]I love the new look, that's great.

One question, is there a way to use fanart/extra fanart in music but not in Movies and TV Shows?
Its possible to enable extrafanart only for music and not tvshows/movies, but as far as disabling fanart completely only for individual sections, nope its not possible at this stage. I might add an option under extrafanart to individually disable fanart, but not at the moment.
Don't worry about it I liked it with the poster and panel lol thanks anyway
(2013-07-27, 09:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-27, 07:08)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey looks good to me. if possible in all the views show the title if there is no logo?
Do you mean when the logo is disabled or if logos are enabled but that particular movie/tvshow etc does not have an individual clearlogo?

Yes. So that area does not look empty.
you're new skin is really nice, now it deserve its own thread I think!
just a note : the landscape view with this black background seems a bit dark compare to the rest of the skin!
And one question, how do I do make the fanart appear instead of the cover in the lanscape view?
thanks!
I must say, although I was disappointed that the metro interface was discontinued, this revamp has grown on me. In terms of practicability and overall usability it is much better. I recently stumbled onto the option to include a custom home category. Is there anyway to give the custom category a sub-menu too? It'd be great to have an extra set of tiles for extra addons and whatnot.
Was the clock removed from the Simple Home Layout in the bottom right? I can't find any option to re-enable / show it as it was before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33