Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic mk. II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(2013-07-02, 01:27)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey, maybe you can help me with something. After making changes in settings, I'm unable to access my favorites.

Not sure if its just me but once changes were made in "Skin Setting" the favorites button does nothing. I've have this issue on two different xbmc boxes. (Both builds are 12.2)

That's strange... I can't reproduce the problem you are having. Which favourites button are you talking about? Also which homescreen style are you using? Do you know what settings you changed to make the problem occur?

BTW, the latest upload has sets added to the submenu for simple and panel homescreens. I'm not going to add it for the metro homescreen as there isn't really room in the submenu for it (and I dont want the metro submenu to scroll).
Its the favorites button on the main screen. I'm using the "Simple" homescreen but I tried the others and the issue did not resolve itself.
I'll continue to mess around with it to see if I can get you more detailed feedback.

I'll try the latest upload to see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks. (Best skin I've tried so far)
(2013-07-02, 04:22)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Its the favorites button on the main screen. I'm using the "Simple" homescreen but I tried the others and the issue did not resolve itself.
I'll continue to mess around with it to see if I can get you more detailed feedback.

Thanks. (Best skin I've tried so far)

Really unusual.. The only things I can suggest are general commonsense: (1) check that favourites works in other skins (particularly Black's original xperience1080); (2) make sure you actually have some favourites to show!; and (3) restart your system.

Also, if you pull in the latest update from git - on the movie info screen you should now be able to press down whilst "Play" is highlighted to switch between play and cinema experience (cinema experience will say "Movie" and have a different icon).
first, let me congratulate you for this wonderful skin: Clear, Clean and Speed...
Little Bug : I use simple home and choose artist view for music. but I I always enter in album view. Same think with panel home screen style. good in Metro.
I love the addon metadata actor.. do you implement it in the future?
(2013-07-02, 10:53)BenAtNVS Wrote: [ -> ]first, let me congratulate you for this wonderful skin: Clear, Clean and Speed...
Little Bug : I use simple home and choose artist view for music. but I I always enter in album view. Same think with panel home screen style. good in Metro.
I love the addon metadata actor.. do you implement it in the future?

Thanks Smile

The music bug should be fixed now. I forgot to put that feature in and I hadn't noticed as I use album view.
I will eventually add metadata actor support. Its just a bit of a big job and I want to make sure it works properly before I add it.
Thought I read an earlier comment about glass borders on posters and it reminded me that I'd love to have the Blu-Ray/DVD case border/overlay in the Classic Info or Classic Poster views. Aeon Nox is the last theme I used that has these, I think the xperience++ theme does as well. Obviously it should be an option as not every one likes these, but I'd like to request this feature and express my utter respect and gratitude to jurialmunkey for his hard work on this amazing skin.
Still digging this skin. Well done.

When using the "PANEL" homescreen, I don't have any movies/tv shows shown when selecting "New Movies/TV Shows" for the movie/tv show widget. It works when selecting spotlight. Am I missing some sort of configuration here?
UPDATE: METADATA ACTOR SUPPORT ADDED!!!

I finally have metadata actors working and looking how I want. So I am proud to announce a preliminary release/update.
In addition, you will need to get Black's modified metadata actors script from here for it to work.
Press RIGHT whilst a cast member or director is highlighted in the movie information screen to access metadata (only works for new style info).

(2013-07-02, 12:33)Gragamale Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I read an earlier comment about glass borders on posters and it reminded me that I'd love to have the Blu-Ray/DVD case border/overlay in the Classic Info or Classic Poster views. Aeon Nox is the last theme I used that has these, I think the xperience++ theme does as well. Obviously it should be an option as not every one likes these, but I'd like to request this feature and express my utter respect and gratitude to jurialmunkey for his hard work on this amazing skin.
The glass frame option has now been implemented (Skin Settings > Views > Show glass borders on covers/posters).
I will eventually add an option for cases, but there are few other things that have priority for the moment (like Adv Launcher views).

(2013-07-02, 13:32)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Still digging this skin. Well done.

When using the "PANEL" homescreen, I don't have any movies/tv shows shown when selecting "New Movies/TV Shows" for the movie/tv show widget. It works when selecting spotlight. Am I missing some sort of configuration here?
Smile Thanks
Have you got any newly added movies/tvshows to your library? Also, do you have the SkinWidgets addon installed and configured? Its at Addons > Services > Skin Widgets. Make sure you have recent items enabled in its config (you might have to restart xbmc for the changes to take effect). Also if you have "Only unplayed and unfinished" enabled in its configuration then you might have simply played everything that was new and there is nothing to show.
Is there a way to completely remove a skin so the settings are also removed. In other words how would I uninstall so I can start fresh with the default settings?
(2013-07-02, 17:59)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to completely remove a skin so the settings are also removed. In other words how would I uninstall so I can start fresh with the default settings?

Remove the guisettings.xml file from your userdata folder.
playlist back works fine now and glass border is come back. jurialmunkey, you're the best ! Thanks.
(2013-07-02, 18:18)cdizzel99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-02, 17:59)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to completely remove a skin so the settings are also removed. In other words how would I uninstall so I can start fresh with the default settings?

Thanks but quick question:
removing "guisettings.xml" wouldn't that remove settings from all skins I have installed, not just the one I'm currently using?
(2013-07-02, 18:31)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-02, 18:18)cdizzel99 Wrote: [ -> ]

removing "guisettings.xml" wouldn't that remove settings from all skins I have installed, not just the one I'm currently using?

Yes it would. You could edit the guisettings.xml to remove each of the settings associated with the skin you are attempting a clean install of. That way you would not lose any of the other settings.
(2013-07-02, 18:40)cdizzel99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-02, 18:31)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-02, 18:18)cdizzel99 Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the guisettings.xml file from your userdata folder.

Yes it would. You could edit the guisettings.xml to remove each of the settings associated with the skin you are attempting a clean install of. That way you would not lose any of the other settings.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Best skin ever!!!! Love it! And the support for Actors Metadata is the icing on the cake. Thank you!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33