Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Not sure, but would be very surprised if it were skin related...

Neither my Frodo builds or Gotham testing platform (osx alpha 7) are showing any problems there.

Are you using Gotham nightlies by any chance? Does the same problem occur on Confluence?

Note that I won't be upgrading the skin to Gotham until release candidate stage, so there may be teething problems for a little while yet :-)
Oh forgot, you are waiting for candidate stage.
Oh wow, this skin is beautiful. The idea of a 'start screen' is amazing. and really helps integrate the HTPC with the living room - will you offer the option to add our own shortcuts to this screen/edit the existing one?

The only issues I have with it are that one of my live sports streaming addons refuses to work with it (it works fine in Confluence), and I can't see to work out how to change the weather on the home screen from fahrenheit to celsius*. Also some menu sorting option would be amazing (ie. on the banner with 'latest, movies, tv shows' etc)
* ahhh, my location settings had reset themselves somehow, fixed now and not skin related.

edit: Also, would you be able to add a 'scan library' shortcut to the Videos>Options sidebar, please? Thanks Smile
Thanks Yowls!

- Home screen editing will make it in at some point - i'll probably wait for Gotham to be released first though.
- Option to change temp units will be in the weather section of xbmc settings.

- RE: addons - which sports addon was it? Some of the more sophisticated ones utilise viewtypes set in confluence. I'll bet that this is the source of your problem, but will check it out.
The addon is from http://hd-streaming.tv/watch/livehds (it's the old LiveOnlineFooty) - after my library has update I'll see if the log throws up any errors and edit this post. Thanks for the speedy reply.

edit: log here - http://pastebin.com/pAiCzG82

edit #2: actually, it looks like an addon issue rather than skin incompatibility. they released an update earlier but i haven't been able to upgrade just yet.
No worries - thanks.

Scan library option in sidebar will return in the next update.
V0.8.0 posted today (repo to follow)

Changelog:

- [MODIFIED] Default background revised
- [MODIFIED] Addons view revised to grid-based layout (thanks LeviJay)
- [MODIFIED] DialogYesNo.xml button order reversed (thanks MoneyMaker)
- [NEW] File manager
- [NEW] Media Filter (video)
- [NEW] DialogPVRGuideSearch.xml
- [MODIFIED] Recent items (video / music) now uses skin widgets addon
- [MODIFIED] PVR menu integrated into main video menu
- [UPDATED] Preparation for Beta release: Strings localised and generally cleaned up
- [MODIFIED] Refresh library button moved to sidebar. Gotham and Frodo implementations tentatively supported (Thanks Yowls).
- [NEW] Cast and crew viewer added to video info
- [MODIFIED] Favourites browser tweaked
- [MODIFIED] Music player will continue playing even after music section is exited. Videos will continue to stop playback on return to video menu / homescreen (thanks LeviJay)
- [MODIFIED] Focus should now return to the titles listing rather than the source menu on end-of-playback. Some addons may be a bit flaky in this regard, I will monitor.
- Various skinwide tweaks
Opinion:

Quote:- [MODIFIED] PVR menu integrated into main video menu

Awwr now I can't switch between my Live TV groups () sidebar sounds great but switching so often between my groups gets a bit annoying for my thumb Tongue

Errors:

# Script Error - Shortcuts - Not possible to start addons

Code:
DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Tried translating, but failed to understand Container.SetViewMode($VAR[videoViewType])

# Favorites won't open - nothing happens

Code:
20:24:15 T:140735114990352   DEBUG: RunQuery took 0 ms for 1 items query: SELECT  files.strFilename, files.playCount,  bookmark.timeInSeconds, bookmark.totalTimeInSeconds FROM files  LEFT JOIN bookmark ON    files.idFile = bookmark.idFile AND bookmark.type = 1  WHERE files.idPath=34
20:24:15 T:4547608576  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
20:24:15 T:140735114990352   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating action string
20:24:15 T:140735114990352   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'container.setviewmode()' defined
20:24:15 T:140735114990352   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Tried translating, but failed to understand Container.SetViewMode($VAR[videoViewType])

Like:

+ The new view for the "all addons" looks awesome
+ File manager
+ Focus should now return to the titles listing
Thanks Moneymaker

Awwr now I can't switch between my Live TV groups () sidebar sounds great but switching so often between my groups gets a bit annoying for my thumb
- There's an option on the sidebar for switching channel groups.. You might be able to set a default group in the PVR settings?

- Favourites / addons not loading... I suspect this is down to your using Gotham-based builds (no issues on any of my Frodo based builds). My next update will cover Gotham more directly, so hold tight, i'm on it.
I've been trying to add a button myself to the info page of the movies so I can use cinema experience with this fantastic skin. (Which is still my favourite for XBMC)

I'm trying to put it above Trailer when you hit I for the info on a movie but I just can't get it to work. I've been looking in dialogvideoinfo.xml for the list of buttons but as I've never made a skin I'm not even sure if I'm doing it correct. Is that the right file to modify? Is this something you have planned for a later update?
Hi Pyrrho, thanks again for the support :-)

Cinema experience is not currently on my roadmap (it may be in the future), but integrating it looks relatively straightforward.

dialogvideoinfo.xml is the correct file, For reference, details of how to wire up a button to trigger it can be found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87883.

I'll have a go with it later on and post a followup with some code for you to try (assuming I can get it to work!)

Cheers!
Would it be possible for you to add the option of a 'multiple images' background? So I can set a dedicated folder as the source, and have it set to display a slow slideshow as the background. Thanks!

Also you know when you're navigating your library, and you land on ".." and get no background, is it possible for that to be assigned to the default background (until you scroll left/right and the show/movie bg shows up)?
Hi Postdeath,

An option for multi-image background is already available - it's in the skin settings:
settings -> appearance -> settings

You can set separate folders for movies and music (n.b. 'tvshows' and 'games' are not used at present - they're for a future update). At the moment, the music path will display in the music section only, while movies will show everywhere else. Images will cycle every 25 secs.

Be sure to set 'enable global fanart background' once the paths are set :-)

Regarding your second point... I can't replicate what you describe (background disappearing on '..') Can you supply a screenshot perhaps?
Just a quick heads up that v0.9 is on the way. Working through and testing PVR is dragging on a bit Undecided
V0.9.0 Now on GIT, skin development repo update to follow.

Changelog:
- [NEW] Video bookmarks (videoOSDBookmarks.xml)
- [MODIFIED] Sidebar options menu reworked
- [MODIFIED] custom menu item selection / deletion system revised
- [MODIFIED] PVR views and dialogs.
- Numerous miscellaneous tweaks, fixes and general tidying up

My development rig is now running Gotham nightlies, so the next update (alpha 1!) will be fully Gotham-ready.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38