Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
it is a great skin, I have checked every possible skin and this looks best.

I have one thing to make better Smile

i'm using plexbmc addon, is there possibility to make visual of covers, info etc looks disame as normal movie files?

now there is no proper cover art dimensions, and when I put "i" there is no fan art on back ground like on standard movie file recognized by xbmc

that changes will be very nice.

here is a screen what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/83z74kjlz711zq...malism.jpg

regards
majkelos
@majkelospl: Can't promise anything, but i'll look into it.

@Reynald: Photo section is being worked on now. Speeding things up for low powered devices is planned too.
thank You, now I'm testing amber skin which is plexbmc "friendly". There is a option "Go Plex" and its change default sources to plexbmc plugin.

meaby this is a solution that You can "copy" to Your skin? Your skin is best looking and that combo will be best to use Smile

best regards
DEADMAN: This is really the best i ever have seen on XBMC!! Were a small team in Austria/Germany and working on a commercial XBMC "Fork" ... just to make people having this on a hardware without having studying technologie. So i can imagine that this will be the default skin ... and if there a way to work "together" - why not.!!
The one thing I really miss (or can't find), is the ability to download new artwork for a given show or movie through the UI. I see that we can change the artwork by hitting Info ("i") with an item selected, but it requires the artwork be local. Any chance for including Artwork Downloader support? Currently I'm switching back to another skin if I want to change a poster or something, which is a bit of a bummer.
@gizmotoy: Hmm. Something's not right there - remote art works fine for me on all systems tested ( 'i' -> 'choose art' -> posters / fanart). Are you sure your library is set up with the right scrapers etc? Which skin are you switching to to get it to work?
I love this skin. It's so full of style and admire it for it's simplicity. But if I may, I have some things to say:
  • item
  • item

• Will there be an option to add 'favorites' to the left menu in videos/music? The only option now is add ons and playlists.
  • The lists of movies, music and shows are very minimalistic. It would be great to have another "view" with a two line option, showing rating, year and duration of the title in the list.
  • Will there be options for cdArt, ClearArt, TV tunes and more add ons?
  • Is this a bug: it's my list of home video's. But there is a lot of blackspace after the file names. As you can see, file names are cut off. I'd like to use the full width of the line!
  • And the last one: can I make the text of the item lists a little bigger. it is sometimes hard to read Sad
@iAmRenzo:

Quote:Will there be an option to add 'favorites' to the left menu in videos/music?
Not in the immediate future i'm afraid. I'd happily consider a pull request if anyone out there fancies taking that on.

Quote:It would be great to have another "view" with a two line option
I'm always open to ideas, but this skin won't ever have user customisable views - it adds complication and is very much the opposite of why I built the skin the way that I did. It's hard to say no to requests like these, but learning the hard way has taught me that design discipline must always come first :-)

Quote:Will there be options for cdArt, ClearArt, TV tunes and more add ons?
Possibly the art - depends on the degree to which I can make their inclusion fit the overall design. Addons that require modification to the skin code to make them work will be considered if enough users ask for them (lyrics for example). I'm happy to consider pull requests of course - but only if their inclusion isn't at the detriment of users who don't use these addons.

Quote:There is a lot of blackspace after the file names...
Yep, i've increased the width of those new labels for the next update. They still don't use all of the width available, but it will be an improvement - thanks for reporting.

Quote:Can I make the text of the item lists a little bigger?
Yes, but I would recommend that you don't. For other readers, the skin was built and tested to support a minimum of a 24" screen to be readable night or day at a distance of 6 feet. I consider the fonts to be fixed now, so any size adjustments will be down to personal mods i'm afraid.
A great skin, works very well on a Raspbmc box (currently running the latest Gotham build) - however, two issues:

The on-screen keyboard, as it is, is pretty much useless. It is only possible to see the "cursor" when it is over the "action" buttons (that is, "Done" and so on), otherwise there's no visual indication where the "cursor" is. Personally, this is a non-issue, I find text entry to be such a tedious task on a remote that I use a keyboard when needed - but I suppose there are remote-only users, and for them, this doesn't work at all.

The second issue is subtitles. While they work the same as with every other skin, it can take some time to both display the available subtitles and to download a subtitle. I use my TV remote via HMDI CEC - it works well enough, but it seems I have to press a button ever so slightly longer when compared to the TV to register an action. As it is, I'm left wondering "did it just register me pressing a button, is it doing something or should I press the button again?". A visual cue (perhaps the spinner shown elsewhere) would be great.
V1.0.2 available on GIT now. XBMC repo update requested and will follow shortly.

[changelog]
- [NEW] Norwegian language support (thanks Takoi)
- [FIXED] Several localisation issues (thanks Takoi)
- [MODIFIED] General code refactoring (skinwide)
- [FIXED] Network location dialog navigation (thanks frankveltmans)
- [MODIFIED] Pictures section revised (wip)
- [MODIFIED] Fullscreen music indicators revised (Keli)
- [NEW] Music video menu item added to music section (thanks Keli)
- Various minor tweaks

After some digging, I suspect that the keyboard active state problem relates to the texture packer. If i'm right, it should only affect users who download the skin from the xbmc.org repo (can anyone who installed from git confirm this for me please??) I'll be able to confirm when the repo gets updated, so bear with me.

@alanmies: thanks - i'll look into the subtitle thing and see if there is anything I can do to make the feedback better.
hi deadman, nice update.

I have question, does Your skin support 3d mode (display osd in 3d)?

regards
That was fast! Keep up the good work. I downloaded the skin from xbmc.org repo and I do have the keyboard issue folks have been talking about on this thread. Let me download the updated version from git and confirm.
Thank you for a very nice skin, thedeadman. I used Bello on Frodo, much because of its focus on simplicity and I have found Maximinimalism to be even better in this respect. Keep up the good work.

(2014-05-10, 11:38)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]After some digging, I suspect that the keyboard active state problem relates to the texture packer. If i'm right, it should only affect users who download the skin from the xbmc.org repo (can anyone who installed from git confirm this for me please??) I'll be able to confirm when the repo gets updated, so bear with me.

I installed v. 1.0.2 from the .zip provided in you first post in this tread, and I can confirm that the on-screen keyboard issues are solved, at least for me.

Also, if I may, I would like to make a few requests on features/improvements.
- Upgrading from v. 1.0.1 to v. 1.0.2, I noticed that a black overlay have been added over the background on the home screen. This overlay makes some of the backgrounds included in the skin (especially background4, the origami styled one) appear completely black.
- Both on v. 1.0.1 to v. 1.0.2 there is no information concerning movie length when browsing in the movie library. In the file list, the movie year and quality are displayed, but not the length. When I click 'Information', I am presented with Year, Cast, Director, Rating, etc, but the movie length is neither displayed there. Right now the only way I can find the length is to start the movie. In 'TV-shows', when browsing to the episode list, the length of the episode is displayed. I find this a crucial feature when selecting which movie to watch, sometimes one does not have the time to watch a 2.5+ hour movie.
- When accessing the main video menu from the home screen in v. 1.0.2 'Live TV' is displayed above 'Movies' and 'TV-Shows'. Considering that most people not have live-TV, maybe you could consider moving 'Movies' and 'TV-Shows' to the top of the list? This would save most user, I think, from making two to three clicks to access their most used items.
I've tested the updated version and the keyboard issue is no longer present, YaY! Thanks for the music videos fix- unfortunately I can no longer go back to the music panel after selecting 'Music videos' as i'l be in the video library instead. I can live with that anyway.
Another bug: When adding multiple sources (music or videos), the next location doesn't get displayed on the next line but instead 'shows up' on top of the first item's line. For example. If I have two folders for music, i.e. D:Music_1 and E:Music_2, and I want them to appear under one source name, 'Music', this bug shows up. Thats all for now, let me continue testing.
@Keli - cheers, will fix that source list up shortly.

@solbero - All good suggestions, will take them on board for the next update.

As a general point, thanks to all recent forum posters for properly putting the skin through its paces. I've had more important issues raised in the last fortnight than in six months on the WIP skins subforum. It'll make for a better skin and I really appreciate it :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38