Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-24, 12:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. That one and some of the other similar ones look alright, but they look a little too Chrome/Windows/something too me. I'd go for something without the different colors and that can stand out by shape/single color alone.

Maybe use the "old" XBMC colors instead? As sort of a heritage type thing. The shapes don't look like windows or chrome IMO. The old WMP maybe, but only a bit.
(2014-08-23, 22:23)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-23, 21:51)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]And this... I don't really know what this is, maybe a fusion of all my logos! Big Grin

I like really like this one Smile

You've a lot of very good ideas samfisher Smile

(2014-08-24, 12:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. That one and some of the other similar ones look alright, but they look a little too Chrome/Windows/something too me. I'd go for something without the different colors and that can stand out by shape/single color alone.

Well I think that one from samfisher works really well in plain black as shown as well. What I like is you've got the central play surrounded by distinctive shapes where those outer shapes as whole also hint at a play icon type shape, so it's almost a play within a play which strikes me as clever, although maybe that's unintended.
I really like this format of logo/icon then text as opposed to making the whole word the logo, if the result is unique enough though is always going to be a challenge. Though at the rate samfisher is going and putting loads of spins, I think a marriage between the ideas in this thread is bound to inspire a "winning" combo. I'm utterly convinced of that. Wink
(2014-08-23, 21:51)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Origami:
If you close the origami a X appears Big Grin

And this... I don't really know what this is, maybe a fusion of all my logos! Big Grin

Really nice logos !!! I love the origami and the idea to make an X appear Wink
Please, any comment. Should I develop this idea?

Full HD boot screen (download here)

(2014-08-24, 15:34)czarekk Wrote: [ -> ]Please, any comment. Should I develop this idea?

Full HD boot screen (download here)

Way better with color, livens it up a whole lot. Good stuff!

(2014-08-24, 12:45)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Any decent graphics editor really, preferably one that does vector illustrations. It's the artist that makes or breaks it, not the tools used Smile

The gimp is a good free and open source editor.

Thanks, I'll give Gimp a try, Steep learning curve i bet!
I think the logo should be a neutral color. Because it needs to match any skin or interior of living room Smile
(2014-08-24, 15:44)czarekk Wrote: [ -> ]I think the logo should be a neutral color. Because it needs to match any skin or interior of living room Smile

Yes because matching everyones curtains is the most important requirement Laugh You are a funny funny guy RoflRoflRofl
not what I meant... I meant that too colorful logo fits only to this room:
for such a room less Smile
Big Grin

Ok now we're getting someplace. Excellent Job tstaylor7!!! Any chance that this can be animated akin to the KOK logo? What I would see is the lines moving around the logo and then before they completely stop one or two of the lines split and cause the D to appear. Any talented people out where wish to take up the challenge?

(2014-08-24, 05:42)tstaylor7 Wrote: [ -> ]It needs a lot of polish, but I thought I would offer a concept:

I'm pleased with the smaller logo, but the letters are a bit misshapen. I'm a programmer, not a designer, so I'm sure someone with more skill could easily clean it up.

(2014-08-17, 12:32)phoenix79 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone want to take up the challenge I posted below? I would do this but I do not have the tools nor the skills.I believe that there are a couple of quick solutions that would make this a viable logo.

(2014-08-10, 20:02)phoenix79 Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody create an animation for me using the animation below with some pointers?

I have read through all the posts and while there are some really good ones that I like; the best logo also has the biggest flaw. It reads KOK

What needs to happen is the D needs to be more pronounced. It has been shown a few times, but the D needs to be only one colour, but the D must be a different colour to the O & I next to it. I was thinking if a line was to appear to fill in the D then it should either fade into being or split from one of the circling lines to create the D

If it has a triangle inside it must be the same colour as the rest of the D to distinguish the text. After the lines rotate around it the Triangle can just fade into being as the lines are about to stop.

I also love having the I lower case as it distinguishes the text a lot more.I also like the idea of the version number being in the I yet I dont know how feasible that would be

The last part showing a swirl. I am unsure if the animation would work with that, but it's a nice touch. Maybe created by the rotating sections. Might look good animated.
Fixed my first logo, added 2 more

(2014-08-24, 15:34)czarekk Wrote: [ -> ]Please, any comment. Should I develop this idea?

I like it, more than just a plain play button in a circle. It's more unique. It might not be jumping off the page at me, but it's an idea that you should run with if you want. There's been a bunch of approaches/logos in this thread where I wasn't sure about it at first, but then someone tweaked it just right and it really jumped out at me.

EDIT: The same for a lot of people who might not have seen a direct reply or comment. Don't be discouraged if no one has said anything yet. There's a lot of really nice ideas here. It's a little overwhelming how many good options we have now :)
(2014-08-24, 22:21)phoenix79 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok now we're getting someplace. Excellent Job tstaylor7!!! Any chance that this can be animated akin to the KOK logo? What I would see is the lines moving around the logo and then before they completely stop one or two of the lines split and cause the D to appear. Any talented people out where wish to take up the challenge?

Thanks, and here's a quick animation:

The timing needs some tweaking, but it's not worth a bunch of time.

I thought briefly about really dragging it out, a la Alien:

but obviously decided against it.
Coming up with a short list is going to be interesting and tough. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up