Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2016-04-14, 20:09)brantastic Wrote: [ -> ]I feel the voice commands through Alexa work about half the time. On certain movies only and it doesn't understand sequels like Ghostbusters 2.

Try saying "Alexa, tell Kodi to play the second Ghost Busters"
Oh awesome that worked!! Is there anyway to teach Alexa a certain movie title like Breakin.. Or anything that can be easily mistaken that's spelled unordinary. Also how does it handle remakes.. Like Texas chain saw massacre 1976 and the 2003 remake? How do I intergrate it with Netflix? Download the Netflix add on? Sorry it's a allot questions. I think this thing is fucking amazing!!
Just trying to get this working on my HTPC KodiJarvis under Win7.

Per the instructions, I think I have the skill defined.
I had alexa send me the key, a longish alphanumberic string. Is there an easy way to get it into the Alexa Add-in. I copied it to the clipboard but Ctrl-V doesn't paste. I hand transcribed it and nolonger get the error message (enter your Key in the the Alexa and-in). It would havwe been easy to make an error transcribing.

Although Alexa seems to recognize the ommands, I don't see anything come up in Kodi. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong. but it isn't obvious how to troubleshoot.

Take care
Ian
(2016-04-15, 16:32)brantastic Wrote: [ -> ]Oh awesome that worked!! Is there anyway to teach Alexa a certain movie title like Breakin.. Or anything that can be easily mistaken that's spelled unordinary. Also how does it handle remakes.. Like Texas chain saw massacre 1976 and the 2003 remake? How do I intergrate it with Netflix? Download the Netflix add on? Sorry it's a allot questions. I think this thing is fucking amazing!!

You'll want to download the chrome launcher addon for Kodi and set it up to load Netflix under your account. I have this setup and it is awesome!! If the movie or tv show doesn't exist in your local Kodi library but it is available on Netflix it will launch chrome fullscreen and play what you requested through Netflix. Not sure about movie reboots.....I'll have to experiment.
(2016-04-18, 05:04)CraigMac.TC. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-15, 16:32)brantastic Wrote: [ -> ]Oh awesome that worked!! Is there anyway to teach Alexa a certain movie title like Breakin.. Or anything that can be easily mistaken that's spelled unordinary. Also how does it handle remakes.. Like Texas chain saw massacre 1976 and the 2003 remake? How do I intergrate it with Netflix? Download the Netflix add on? Sorry it's a allot questions. I think this thing is fucking amazing!!

You'll want to download the chrome launcher addon for Kodi and set it up to load Netflix under your account. I have this setup and it is awesome!! If the movie or tv show doesn't exist in your local Kodi library but it is available on Netflix it will launch chrome fullscreen and play what you requested through Netflix. Not sure about movie reboots.....I'll have to experiment.

OK, tried it out with the RoboCop movies...... when I say "Alexa, tell Kodi to play Robocop", the original movie plays. When I say "Alexa, tell Kodi to play the newest Robocop", the reboot RoboCop plays. Also tested it with Total Recall movies and worked great.
i keep getting the error from alexa "KODI is not connected to the server" , what i missed ?
(i have entered the key to the alexa addon , and got the "alexa server is on" notification when i enter the kodi ...)

thanks
(2016-04-18, 16:30)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]i keep getting the error from alexa "KODI is not connected to the server" , what i missed ?
(i have entered the key to the alexa addon , and got the "alexa server is on" notification when i enter the kodi ...)

thanks

same problem here, even thought it sort of worked before...
(2016-04-18, 16:39)fuzzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 16:30)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]i keep getting the error from alexa "KODI is not connected to the server" , what i missed ?

thanks

Mine never worked lol
(2016-04-18, 16:42)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 16:39)fuzzer Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

Mine never worked lol

What version of Kodi? Have you checked the logs? Could be a firewall issue, or port being blocked somehow.
(2016-04-18, 21:35)tdhz77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 16:42)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 16:39)fuzzer Wrote: [ -> ]same problem here, even thought it sort of worked before...

Mine never worked lol

What version of Kodi? Have you checked the logs? Could be a firewall issue, or port being blocked somehow.

kodi 16,
i will check the log, didn't think about it before....
thanks
(2016-04-18, 21:47)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 21:35)tdhz77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 16:42)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine never worked lol

kodi 16,
thanks

well ... this is my log, http://mab.to/Zc4NoB18i
i will be very appreciate if someone will tell me if there is or what the problem ...
on amazon fire tv gen2 btw..

thanks for advanced
(2016-04-18, 21:56)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 21:47)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 21:35)tdhz77 Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Kodi? Have you checked the logs? Could be a firewall issue, or port being blocked somehow.

kodi 16,
thanks

i will be very appreciate if someone will tell me if there is or what the problem ...

thanks for advanced

http://ec2-54-191-98-39.us-west-2.comput...s.com:3000

Check this in your config.

I think it's trying to use quasar addon instead of local library. Do you have movies in your local library? I haven't had any luck with quasar, which might explain why I haven't seen this issue personally.
(2016-04-18, 23:12)tdhz77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 21:56)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-18, 21:47)scofield27 Wrote: [ -> ]kodi 16,
thanks

thanks for advanced

http://ec2-54-191-98-39.us-west-2.comput...s.com:3000

Check this in your config.

I think it's trying to use quasar addon instead of local library. Do you have movies in your local library? I haven't had any luck with quasar, which might explain why I haven't seen this issue personally.

yap , i have couple of tvshows in my local library (using plex) and still no luck play them :\
Ok I have everything down to the Alexa Services. The app has the configuraiton box greyed out. I have the latest Kodi build. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Great work. The developer on this did a bang up job. Some lessons I learned that may help those wanting to try this out.

1. Don't even bother with Pulsar. It's on life support. Use Quasar. Use the latest build. Only pick a few torrent add-ons. Too many and Quasar will crash with URL errors. Also, make sure your settings in those torrent programs are what you want. Set only the quality of torrents you want to be kicked back.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install...-for-xbmc/

2. I couldn't get a working addon for Netflix. Too many bugs with NetflixXBMC. If it works for you, sweet. I couldn't get it to scrape anything from Netflix. I simply used Chrome Browser to add a site. In this case, it was Netflix. Go all the way to pass your sign on in an independent Chrome page and copy and past that to the URL inside Kodi. Call it Netflix. Then add that to your favorites or a stand alone menu choice. Grab an HD Netflix picture and use that for the menu pic. Alexa Services picked it up with no errors and put it in the services portion. Here is the link to give that a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiVN0YLb8c

3. Last was a challenge I knew some others had. That huge key that has to be put into the Alexa Services app. After goofing up that one like six times, I forgot that simple (Control+C for copy and Control+V for paste) works well. Copy and paste it from Alexa app to an email and send it to yourself. Pull it up the email the same place you are running Kodi (if possible) and just paste it. Much easier.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15