Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Thanks for the feedback.  I didn't run into any USB issues in testing, but I'll revisit this today.
(2022-08-09, 06:55)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated from 5.0 to 5.1 on a Windows 10 PC and I can no longer connect to my device via USB.

5.0 connected fine then asked if I wanted to update to 5.1. I said yes and downloaded/installed it and now no USB connection.

Reverted to 5.0 and USB connection works again.

Unfortunately, I was unable to duplicate your issue.  I re-tested USB connections using Windows 10, 11, macOS and Linux and didn't run into any problems. I understand you've rolled back to 5.0, but if you'd like to investigate further you can install 5.1 alongside 5.0. Just install it into a different directory. The first thing to check would be a connection via the command-line to see what error messages are thrown.

http://www.jocala.com/connhelp.html
(2022-08-09, 14:49)jocala Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-09, 06:55)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated from 5.0 to 5.1 on a Windows 10 PC and I can no longer connect to my device via USB.

5.0 connected fine then asked if I wanted to update to 5.1. I said yes and downloaded/installed it and now no USB connection.

Reverted to 5.0 and USB connection works again.

Unfortunately, I was unable to duplicate your issue.  I re-tested USB connections using Windows 10, 11, macOS and Linux and didn't run into any problems. I understand you've rolled back to 5.0, but if you'd like to investigate further you can install 5.1 alongside 5.0. Just install it into a different directory. The first thing to check would be a connection via the command-line to see what error messages are thrown.

http://www.jocala.com/connhelp.html

I solved my problem but I don't really know why it works this way. I had adbLink 5.0 installed in C:\Program Files and it works fine there. Version 5.1 OTOH exhibits the problem I described if installed in that directory. Moving 5.1 to a different path makes it work properly again. I know that C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) are protected by Windows, but something must have changed between 5.0 and 5.1 because the former works fine in those locations while the latter doesn't. Here's the really weird part... adbLink2 5.1 and wsaLink both work fine in either of those locations, it's just adbLink that won't.
If I set the pull folder to C:\Users\<me> then pulls from any of the seven FireTV devices I own work fine, but that clutters up my home directory. Setting the pull folder to anything else seems to perform the transfer with no error messages, but afterward the file(s) are nowhere to be found. (Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 x64)
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said, I wasn't able to duplicate your issue, but I'm starting the development cycle for some updates, so I'll investigate further. In the meantime, try searching for the files and see if you can locate them post-transfer.  One thing to be aware of is the pull directory can be set globally in preferences, but can be overridden with a custom directory in the device record.  Good luck!
I am at a loss in connecting from my home LAN windows 10 to my Firestick 4K.
I have spent hours searching for a solution without sucess
My log is posted on https://paste.kodi.tv/nodaripiku

- Both Win10 and my Firestick are on the same home network
- I can ping the Firestick fine
- Verified IP of 1920168.1.10 (Reserved assignment)
- I installed adb yesterday and I can connect to the Firestick, no problem

I plan to use adblink to backup my Firestick for security and to load a new Firestick for my Son

How can I resolve this please?
I have also turned ADB debugging and Apps from unknown sources on the Firestick

C:\Program Files (x86)\adbLink\adbfiles>adb devices -l
List of devices attached
192.168.1.10:5555      device product:mantis model:AFTMM device:mantis transport_id:1
Anyone?

thanks
@glennpm In your last post you indicated “ I installed adb yesterday and I can connect to the Firestick, no problem” so what is the problem exactly that you are trying to solve?
Try creating a folder in your root directory (C:\adbLink\), moving adbLink to that folder, and see if it will run and connect from there. Also, be sure you're running it as an administrator.
Okay, just tried it under C: and ran it as admin, but still no good.

The reason I mentioned adb is that it connects to my Firestick without a problem. I want adblink to utilize the programming added on by adblink.

Thanks,
Glenn
Connection attempt. I've also tried using ports 5555 and 1111

(2022-11-03, 15:36)glennpm Wrote: [ -> ]I am at a loss in connecting from my home LAN windows 10 to my Firestick 4K.
I have spent hours searching for a solution without sucess
My log is posted on https://paste.kodi.tv/nodaripiku

- Both Win10 and my Firestick are on the same home network
- I can ping the Firestick fine
- Verified IP of 1920168.1.10 (Reserved assignment)
- I installed adb yesterday and I can connect to the Firestick, no problem

I plan to use adblink to backup my Firestick for security and to load a new Firestick for my Son

How can I resolve this please?

Your log shows the error: "start-server failed!"

If adbLink's adb.exe server fails to start nothing adb-related will work. Try clicking the console button and at the C> prompt type "adb.exe".  What do you see?
C:\Program Files (x86)\adbLink\adbfiles>adb devices -l
List of devices attached
192.168.1.10:5555      device product:mantis model:AFTMM device:mantis transport_id:1
My adb devices returns:

List of devices attached
192.168.1.22:5555    device

for the 4KMax stick.

I've never seen:
product:mantis model:AFTMM device:mantis transport_id:1

(do you have other versions of adb.exe installed?)

I found the reference for mantis:

​​​​​​https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-streaming-media-player.html?v=ftvstick4k
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22