Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Special Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Thanks all for the support, definitely sounds like an issue with the stacking. Not really sure what is happening as no .nomedia file exists in the directory and the movie does get scanned to the Kodi Library properly and is fully functional. I will continue to play around and move my issue to the appropriate forum thread.

Cheers
@Rychem28
From the log, it looks like the .nomedia file is inside the iso. So you will probably need to mount the iso to see it. Also note that on Linux and MacOS, a dot at the front of the file name makes it a hidden file, so you will need to turn on show hidden files to see it.
@jurialmunkey Thanks for the insight. I had a look at both the folder and the ISO and have had no luck locating the .nomedia file. I have tried turning on all the options for showing hidden files and the file does not appear.

Not sure why it is being detected. I will keep looking for a solution as I would love to use this add-on. In the meantime I have had to resort to using the Extra's add-on as it gives me basic functionality. I will keep everyone posted if I can find a solution.

Cheers,
I'm not able to export to .sfnfo files. Can someone tell what the structure of .sfnfo files are? Specificity, what is the root element and child elements. I'd rather hand-edit mine own, rather than using the remote control with the on-screen keyboard. Thanks in advance!
If your going to edit them by hand anyway why not export then edit them so the structure will be made for you?

I did not add any tolerance for error on the structure so if they are not made correctly you will get a error. Also if you add them after scanning then you will have to delete the database and start over. All information snfo are scanned at the time of making the database after that any edits made in Kodi are save to the database until you export them. If you edit the file it's self it will not effect item until freash start.
Like I said, I'm not able to export them. Nothing happens when I click export.
Alright it has been a while since I looked at the code for this been working on another add-on. So with that I will have to look at it... I will try to upload a example later tonight for you. I just wanted to make sure you knew you would have to rebuild the database.
Thank you
Here's another thought, and I don't want it to sound rude. I've been creating and editing XML documents for a couple decades now, so I understand that such documents must be strictly conforming. I have at least 12 devices in my home that run Kodi, and I would like to be able to store the .sfnfo file next to my media files so I can just click scan in the app. It would be too tedious to use the Kodi keyboard and remote control to input the <title> <sorttitle> and <plot> of the thousands of extras that I have. If I know the structure of the .sfnfo file, I can create a script to scan my extras and create the XML files without imputing it through Kodi.
This is a copy of one of my exported .sfnfo files from Special Versions v3.0.3. Hope that helps.

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<specialfeatures>
<title>Alternate Ending</title>
<sorttitle>Alternate Ending</sorttitle>
<plot>None</plot>
</specialfeatures>
Thank you. I had actually looked at one of the python scripts and deduced that this was the structure of the .sfnfo files, but after I created some and scanned the media I got an error.
]Hello again, I created a couple .sfnfo files and attempted to scan them into the database. I completely reinstalled Kodi and the addon, but I still came up with an error when I hit scan.

Here's an Extras directory:
sh:

Dark Shadows - The Vampire Curse (2009) - 030306723198 - sd eng/
├── Dark Shadows - The Vampire Curse (2009) - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng.mkv
├── Dark Shadows - The Vampire Curse (2009) - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng.nfo
├── Dark Shadows - The Vampire Curse (2009) - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng-poster.jpg
└── Extras
    ├── Interview with Jonathan Frid - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng.mkv
    ├── Interview with Jonathan Frid - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng.sfnfo
    ├── Kathryn Leigh Scott PBS Promo - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng.mkv
    └── Kathryn Leigh Scott PBS Promo - 480p mpeg 2ch ac3 eng.sfnfo

Here's an .sfnfo file:
xml:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<specialfeatures>
  <title>Interview with Jonathan Frid</title>
  <sorttitle>1</sorttitle>
  <plot>None</plot>
</specialfeatures>

Here's my log file: https://pastebin.com/QjYXJU1x

I tried deleting the database and scanning again, but I got the same error.
@Karellen

Thanks for posting.

@clonemaster
Your getting a error because for some reason it is not reading the file. I see you have it as a network share.. and I do check to see that it does exist before trying to read it .. so Kodi and the python does see it . But it can't be opened so give me a few days if you may so I can run a few tests and see if I can recreate the error so that I can either fix it on my side or help you fix it on your side...

I about to begin building a house here in the next week so I will do the best I can but we will figure it out.

Also just a tip as to how I handle my movies.... I run a MySQL server that distribute all my media over my network. Kodi for now runs the database and the media is actually windows networks shares. In order to share them over the network they have to be added to the database as a network share as well. So for me I run Kodi in portable mode and I have 2 verisons one all my media is connected to it locally that is what I use to pull medltadata export nfo files... The other is Kodi verison all the media is connected as smb shares this allows it to run over the network.
@clonemaster

https://github.com/kasamedia/plugin.vide.../tag/3.0.4

This is the fixed please test if it works i will get it pushed into the offical repo.
I downloaded and installed the add-on, scanned for Extras and export .sfnfo. Nothing happened.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21