Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
No "kodi" user was ever created. But I do now see the folders, which are created under the users that ran kodi, I missed that earlier (didn't recheck after running first time).
I guess I could run under any user, or create a "kodi" user myself. Apart from the groups, any special needs for this user?

Code:
usermod -a -G cdrom,audio,render,video,plugdev,users,dialout,dip,input kodi

Thx
(2023-10-10, 23:53)simba82 Wrote: [ -> ]any special needs for this user?

trial and error at this point until someone comes along to provide something specific

i have never created any user account specifically for kodi so i dont have an answer
@simba82 The kodi user needs to be created only if you plan to have Kodi the primary application (aka HTPC). I can add creation of such user into Kodi package, but ler new Debian guidelines, the user name for services will be "_kodi" and I have to create the script asking user what deployment does he or she want: standalone with _kodi user or regular windowed without. No one asked about this feature gor looong time Smile
(2023-10-13, 16:54)basilgello Wrote: [ -> ]@simba82 The kodi user needs to be created only if you plan to have Kodi the primary application (aka HTPC). I can add creation of such user into Kodi package, but ler new Debian guidelines, the user name for services will be "_kodi" and I have to create the script asking user what deployment does he or she want: standalone with _kodi user or regular windowed without. No one asked about this feature gor looong time Smile

Ah, that explains it. As a security rule of thumb, you mostly run stuff under a dedicated user.
However, since this is a 'foreground' application, it's fine to run it as any user (as long as it's not root).

TBH, I didn't give it too much thought, went straight into the rule of thumb without realising this is really a foreground app.
No changes needed on my behalf, except perhaps to make a note of this somewhere in the docs.. as somehow my brain expected a kodi user to exist.
anyone have this issue with FTP? https://paste.kodi.tv/udavudoqux.kodi

anyway to get this to work on KfD?
I am running a fresh install of Kodi for Debian 20.1 on Dietpi on a Pine64 (Allwinner A64). It seems that Kodi does not pick up hardware acceleration, because it cannot find the right driver.

Here's some info and logs:
  • DietPi version: G_DIETPI_VERSION_CORE=8 G_DIETPI_VERSION_SUB=24 G_DIETPI_VERSION_RC=-1 G_GITBRANCH='dev' G_GITOWNER='MichaIng'
  • Distro version: bookworm
  • Kernel version: Linux AutomationPi 6.1.53-current-sunxi64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 07:43:05 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
  • Architecture: arm64
  • SBC model: PINE A64 (aarch64)
  • Software title: Kodi from Debian Media Center 20.1 Debian package version: 2:20.1+dfsg-1 Copyright © 2005-2021 Team Kodi from Debian - http://kodi.tv

Libva wants to load sun4i-drm_drv_video.so, but the only sun4i-drm driver on system is called sun4i-drm_dri.so.
I created a simlink
Code:
 ln -s sun4i-drm_dri.so sun4i-drm_drv_video.so
. Now it is unhappy about a missing function (I previously set LIBVA_TRACE to 1):

Code:

root@AutomationPi:~# startkodi
[W][73273.817176] pw.conf | [ conf.c: 939 try_load_conf()] can't load config client.conf: No such file or directory
[E][73273.817504] pw.conf | [ conf.c: 963 pw_conf_load_conf_for_context()] can't load default config client.conf: No such file or directory
libva info: Open new log file 1.105141.thd-0x0002fa6d for the thread 0x0002fa6d
libva info: LIBVA_TRACE is on, save log into 1.105141.thd-0x0002fa6d
libva info: VA-API version 1.17.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri/sun4i-drm_drv_video.so libva error: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri/sun4i-drm_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1

Steps to reproduce
  • Upgrade the latest bullseye DietPi version to bookworm with this script
  • Run startkodi
  • Play a video

Expected behaviour
  • Kodi should start playing videos smoothly by using hw video acceleration.
  • The expected driver should be loaded.
Actual behaviour
  • All videos streamed and played locally (h264, h265) stutter with ~5 FPS probably because it uses sw video acceleration.
  • The expected driver is not loaded.

Troubleshooting so far

The problem started on a fresh DietPi install with the latest stable DietPi release and Kodi 19.
  • It’s not a network issue (iperf3 shows 1Gbt throughput), the problem persists with videos played locally.
  • startkodi shows:

Code:
[W][05856.631486] pw.conf | [ conf.c: 939 try_load_conf()] can't load config client.conf: No such file or directory
[E][05856.631943] pw.conf | [ conf.c: 963 pw_conf_load_conf_for_context()] can't load default config client.conf: No such file or directory
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri/sun4i-drm_drv_video.so

Apparently, a driver is missing.
I didn’t check the directory …/dri/ at the time, but I upgraded to bookworm in the hopes that a new Debian release and Kodi 20 would solve the problem. However, the same problem was still present, with the same error message.

Is Kodi perhaps trying to load the wrong driver? According to this overview, sun4i-* is for other Allwinner A10 SoC. Pine64, which uses the Allwinner A64 SoC, should use the sun50i-* driver.   

I investigated a bit further:
Code:
root@AutomationPi:~# ls /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri
armada-drm_dri.so  ili9341_dri.so      kirin_dri.so      mediatek_dri.so   panfrost_dri.so  repaper_dri.so    swrast_dri.so      zink_dri.so
d3d12_dri.so       imx-dcss_dri.so     kms_swrast_dri.so  meson_dri.so        pl111_dri.so     rockchip_dri.so   tegra_dri.so
etnaviv_dri.so       imx-drm_dri.so      komeda_dri.so      mi0283qt_dri.so   r300_dri.so      st7586_dri.so     v3d_dri.so
exynos_dri.so       imx-lcdif_dri.so    lima_dri.so      msm_dri.so        r600_dri.so      st7735r_dri.so    vc4_dri.so
hx8357d_dri.so       ingenic-drm_dri.so  mali-dp_dri.so      mxsfb-drm_dri.so  radeonsi_dri.so  stm_dri.so        virtio_gpu_dri.so
ili9225_dri.so       kgsl_dri.so           mcde_dri.so      nouveau_dri.so    rcar-du_dri.so   sun4i-drm_dri.so  vmwgfx_dri.so

Libva wants to load sun4i-drm_drv_video.so, but the only sun41-drm driver on my system is called sun4i-drm_dri.so.
I created a simlink ln -s sun4i-drm_dri.so sun4i-drm_drv_video.so Now it is unhappy about a missing function (I set LIBVA_TRACE to 1):

Code:
[W][73273.817176] pw.conf | [ conf.c: 939 try_load_conf()] can't load config client.conf: No such file or directory
[E][73273.817504] pw.conf | [ conf.c: 963 pw_conf_load_conf_for_context()] can't load default config client.conf: No such file or directory
libva info: Open new log file 1.105141.thd-0x0002fa6d for the thread 0x0002fa6d
libva info: LIBVA_TRACE is on, save log into 1.105141.thd-0x0002fa6d
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri/sun4i-drm_drv_video.so
libva error: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri/sun4i-drm_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0

It isn't the right driver after all.

Some additional output

Code:
root@AutomationPi:~# lsmod | grep cedrus
sunxi_cedrus           45056  0
v4l2_mem2mem           36864  1 sunxi_cedrus
videobuf2_dma_contig    24576  1 sunxi_cedrus
videobuf2_v4l2         24576  2 sunxi_cedrus,v4l2_mem2mem
videobuf2_common       49152  5 sunxi_cedrus,videobuf2_dma_contig,videobuf2_v4l2,v4l2_mem2mem,videobuf2_memops
videodev              204800  4 sunxi_cedrus,videobuf2_v4l2,videobuf2_common,v4l2_mem2mem
mc                     53248  5 sunxi_cedrus,videodev,videobuf2_v4l2,videobuf2_common,v4l2_mem2mem

Code:
root@AutomationPi:~# vainfo
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is invalid or not set in the environment.
error: can't connect to X server!
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri/lima_drv_video.so
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Code:
root@AutomationPi:~# grep -i "error\|cedrus\|hardware\|acceleration" ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
2023-10-28 23:30:37.817 T:304032   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/kodi/addons
2023-10-28 23:30:37.817 T:304032   error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://xbmcbin/addons
2023-10-29 00:30:39.204 T:304032   error <general>: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - No such property “CanSuspend”
2023-10-29 00:30:39.206 T:304032   error <general>: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - No such property “CanHibernate”
2023-10-29 00:30:45.226 T:304032    info <general>: EGL_EXTENSIONS = EGL_ANDROID_blob_cache EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync EGL_EXT_buffer_age EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import_modifiers EGL_KHR_cl_event2 EGL_KHR_config_attribs EGL_KHR_context_flush_control EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_KHR_create_context_no_error EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_3D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_no_config_context EGL_KHR_partial_update EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context EGL_EXT_pixel_format_float EGL_KHR_wait_sync EGL_MESA_configless_context EGL_MESA_drm_image EGL_MESA_image_dma_buf_export EGL_MESA_query_driver EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display
2023-10-29 00:30:45.470 T:304032    info <general>: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_half_float GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_OES_EGL_image GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_EXT_debug_label GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_EXT_EGL_image_storage GL_EXT_EGL_sync GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility
2023-10-29 00:30:45.868 T:304032   error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-29 00:30:46.206 T:304032   error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-29 00:30:47.103 T:304098    info <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats

2023-10-27 16:40:38.916 T:3797     info <general>: EGL_EXTENSIONS = EGL_ANDROID_blob_cache EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync EGL_EXT_buffer_age EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import_modifiers EGL_KHR_cl_event2 EGL_KHR_config_attribs EGL_KHR_context_flush_control EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_KHR_create_context_no_error EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_3D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_no_config_context EGL_KHR_partial_update EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context EGL_EXT_pixel_format_float EGL_KHR_wait_sync EGL_MESA_configless_context EGL_MESA_drm_image EGL_MESA_image_dma_buf_export EGL_MESA_query_driver EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display
                                                   Error: EGL_BAD_MATCH
                                                   Type: EGL_DEBUG_MSG_ERROR_KHR
2023-10-27 16:40:38.918 T:3797    debug <general>: Failed to create EGL context (EGL error 12288)
2023-10-27 16:40:39.127 T:3797     info <general>: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_half_float GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_OES_EGL_image GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_EXT_debug_label GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_EXT_EGL_image_storage GL_EXT_EGL_sync GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility
2023-10-27 16:40:39.314 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:40:39.354 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
                                                   Error: EGL_BAD_SURFACE
2023-10-27 16:40:40.275 T:3838     info <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
2023-10-27 16:42:17.810 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:42:19.657 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:42:20.506 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:42:20.530 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of -23.601166, start adjusting
2023-10-27 16:42:20.530 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error -0.017832 below threshold of 30.000000
2023-10-27 16:42:20.874 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:42:38.534 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:13.509 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:14.007 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:14.380 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of 8.062257, start adjusting
2023-10-27 16:43:14.380 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error 0.062257 below threshold of 30.000000
2023-10-27 16:43:14.421 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:23.508 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:30.574 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:31.266 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:31.780 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of -5.929394, start adjusting
2023-10-27 16:43:31.780 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error -0.012727 below threshold of 30.000000
2023-10-27 16:43:31.979 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:43:38.950 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:54:13.657 T:3838     info <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
2023-10-27 16:54:13.835 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 16:54:14.394 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:54:14.913 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of -19.738288, start adjusting
2023-10-27 16:54:14.917 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error -0.009121 below threshold of 30.000000
2023-10-27 16:54:15.059 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 16:54:17.480 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 17:23:00.419 T:3838     info <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
2023-10-27 17:25:03.439 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl
2023-10-27 17:25:04.392 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 17:25:05.181 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of -42.889165, start adjusting
2023-10-27 17:25:05.181 T:3837    debug <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error -0.014165 below threshold of 30.000000
2023-10-27 17:25:05.636 T:3797    error <general>: CShader::InsertSource - failed to open file gl_tonemap.glsl
2023-10-27 17:25:22.461 T:3797    error <general>: CYUVShaderGLSL::CYUVShaderGLSL - failed to open file gl_shader_frag_texture_lim.glsl

In Kodi (setting levell on Expert), System > Settings > Video > Playback does not show a Allow hardware acceleration option.

Any guidance much appreciated!
(2023-10-29, 13:03)debianfan Wrote: [ -> ]I am running a fresh install of Kodi for Debian 20.1 on Dietpi

https://dietpi.com/forum
(2023-10-29, 20:51)izprtxqkft Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-29, 13:03)debianfan Wrote: [ -> ]I am running a fresh install of Kodi for Debian 20.1 on Dietpi

https://dietpi.com/forum

Thank you for the pointer, I did post there, too. Apparently, support for Kodi on Pine64 was never completed. I guess I will have to see if the maintainer of DietPi wants to reopen the issue.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I see Kodi branded as "Kodi from Debian" I assume it's because there are changes made to it specifically for Debian. If I want to compile this version of Kodi myself, where is the repo with these changes? I couldn't find any links.
(2023-11-01, 02:57)Kfufldkdifflfnflfknf Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I see Kodi branded as "Kodi from Debian" I assume it's because there are changes made to it specifically for Debian. If I want to compile this version of Kodi myself, where is the repo with these changes? I couldn't find any links.

https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team...enter/kodi

or follow deb-src
Thanks for the link izprtxqkft.
So I've been trying to cross compile Kodi 17.6 to an i686 target, but can't figure out how to make the build skip the "sse4" directory.

I've tried passing -mno-sse4 -march=i686 to cflags and cxxflags, and I've tried setting --host and --target to i686-linux-gnu when running ./configure...

Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks. So basically there's no way (option) to control it?

By "adapt" do you mean "be inspired by"? I don't see sse4 mentioned in that patch, and not in the files it references either.

Are you suggesting I disable all SSE and not just SSE4?
Seems that I had to edit the makefile to progress
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14