Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
igotdvds Wrote:I would like to be able to hide the top bar of options though.
This would be nice. especially since the bottom bar can be removed. Very nice skin, I like the "thumbnail" view for movies and it works on my good old xbox too! Great work!
WeirdH Wrote:Spotted this:

The clock in the top right of info on music visualisation falls outside of the screen, can't see the minutes.

Also, there's something up with the movie library. Upon entering it from the homescreen or when exiting a movie, there's no focused cursor and I can't move. I have to exit title view, select it again and THEN it works. Plus I can't get to the top menu for changing viewmodes and sorting.. This is on Xbox, T3CH rev21142.

But again: great work, thanks for this one!
Make sure settings>appearance>screen>video calibration is set up correctly. You should see lines in the top left, bottom right corners of your tv. [If that isn't the correct location of video calibration, just look around]
Very nice skin !!! Nod
WoW, You kept this badboy quiet, diddn't you. Im very impressed. Its a very alltogether complete skin (out of nowhere). Nice to see some fresh ideas being thrown into the mix, like the skin settings expanding sections, and the top bar works really well due to the fact you cant wrap around to the left or right with your selections (keeps the user orientated).

A couple of things id like to see in there

1. Abit more customization to the home screen setup (like transparancy). Adding or removing major media like plugins, scripts, removal of settings to the shutdown menu etc.

2. Folder fanart in all file mode sections and views, so i can see my xbox game fanart. Also a nice fanart view with dvd style covers.

3. Features like cdart and clearart would be the iceing on the cake.

Once again great work.

PS: I'd have called it Venom cos its Simple, Sleek and Stylish - SSSssss
Lovely skin but unless I am being a muppet I can find no way to change the views in say tvshows or movies. Its defaulted to list view pressing right moves to the scroll bar and right again does nothing, moving left does nothing?
scarfa Wrote:I'm having no such problems. Does it happen all the time or a special case? I'm sure I would have heard it by now from other users if it wasn't an isolated case.

It happens all the time. The view is "info wrap" btw. Just like garyi I cannot change the view, as pressing left scrolls through the movies. I'll try fiddling with it some more.

@rwparris: I know, it's all set up the way it should, the vertical red line is the actual edge of my screen, so the infopane fits nicely, but the clock trails off to the right.
WeirdH Wrote:It happens all the time. The view is "info wrap" btw. Just like garyi I cannot change the view, as pressing left scrolls through the movies. I'll try fiddling with it some more.

@rwparris: I know, it's all set up the way it should, the vertical red line is the actual edge of my screen, so the infopane fits nicely, but the clock trails off to the right.

Press up for wrap views. If you turned off scrollbar in the skin settings, then pressing up in wrap info view doesn't get to the menu.

I've already fixed it and the system time issue. I'll release it when I get some more fixes in.
scarfa Wrote:Press up for wrap views. If you turned off scrollbar in the skin settings, then pressing up in wrap info view doesn't get to the menu.

I've already fixed it and the system time issue. I'll release it when I get some more fixes in.

Yes, I did turn off scrollbar, and indeed it only happens with wrap info. Speaking of fixes, I also noticed these little hiccups:

This line does not play well with others (virtually invisible on my tv in 720p, it's always the fourth one, regardless of scrolling):

And this one just appears fainter than the rest (also on my tv, it seems the visibility is better on pc screen):

Oh, and in music library, artist information shows '1910 years active' for every artist.

Okay, I'll leave you alone now. Wink
In any case, thanks for your hard work!
@WeirdH: That's simply because you've calibrated, and thus the textures need rescaling. If you notice, they're all slightly different.

It may be fixable by applying a border on the texture so that it doesn't scale those thin crisp lines.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Well, now the skin is released so I really have no way to stop it, but as I designed the home icons for the original Reverence project and you've included them in this skin, I would ask that you remove them from any future releases, and I wish that you would have contacted me before releasing this as I may have still given you permission to use.

It seems pretty underhanded to use my graphical assets without asking permission first. No

I don't want this to turn into some huge issue, just please kindly remove the icons and all will be fine.
Arcanthur Wrote:Well, now the skin is released so I really have no way to stop it, but as I designed the home icons for the original Reverence project and you've included them in this skin, I would ask that you remove them from any future releases, and I wish that you would have contacted me before releasing this as I may have still given you permission to use.

It seems pretty underhanded to use my graphical assets without asking permission first. No

I don't want this to turn into some huge issue, just please kindly remove the icons and all will be fine.

Oh gosh. Are you serious? I talked to you about them ages ago. I even have the chat logs to prove it. Did you check the credits? your name is there. In any event if thats your wish then so be it. It seems very spiteful thing to do.
@scarfa, Arcanthur
You guys are going to need to take care of this in private.
No one really wants to see you guys argue in public.
rwparris2 Wrote:@scarfa, Arcanthur

Speak for yourself! Wink

rwparris is right though, our forums are not the place for your bitch fight.
Hehe cat fight!

I'm not the drama type, can't stomach it. In any event I think we have it sorted out. All is fine in wonderland.
rwparris2 Wrote:@scarfa, Arcanthur

All is fine, I see that he credited me in the skin, I was just concerned that I wasnt notified before release and didn't want people thinking these were stock icons that anyone can use since xperience uses them as well.

No worries, and good luck on improving this in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24