Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rapier 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Many thanks for giving me back my XBOX media centre. Ever since the introduction of Stark and Auriga I have to decide if I want a system to watch movies or a nice system to see which movies I have. Sometimes I even had to load PM3.HD to play a movie. This skin can make my xbox do both again.

I hope you're even going to improve on the skin but hope even more you'll think in this process about all those poor suckers like me who can't afford a powerful HTPC and are still using their XBOX.

BTW. I noticed you don't have a special section for TV-shows when choosing fanart. Is this deliberate?
Hey, first of wanted to say I really love this theme, out of all of the themes I've downloaded I believe this is my favorite. thanks!

I ran into a problem that I'm able to reproduce every time I try it.

When I try to sort the movies in library view by rating, I am unable to change the sorting back to sort by Name.

I tried to reload the skin several times and that didn't seem to make any difference at all, I had to change the skin back to PM3hd and change the sorting back to name, then switch back to Rapier.

thanks.
To all:

For the sake of scarfa's sanity, please post issues in individual threads... we gave Rapier its own subforum for a reason Wink

TheUni
frater Wrote:Many thanks for giving me back my XBOX media centre. Ever since the introduction of Stark and Auriga I have to decide if I want a system to watch movies or a nice system to see which movies I have. Sometimes I even had to load PM3.HD to play a movie. This skin can make my xbox do both again.

I hope you're even going to improve on the skin but hope even more you'll think in this process about all those poor suckers like me who can't afford a powerful HTPC and are still using their XBOX.

I don't think you need to worry. I've been testing it on the Xbox every step of the way and will continue to do so. I have it running on 3 platforms (windows, xbox, linux). Part of the design philosophy of Rapier is putting the media front and center and making it easy to browse efficiently. Therefore performance is very important to me especially when going through 250+ movies like I have in my library.

frater Wrote:BTW. I noticed you don't have a special section for TV-shows when choosing fanart. Is this deliberate?

Yes it was. But I'm guessing some users want it seperate?
kevcart3 Wrote:Hey, first of wanted to say I really love this theme, out of all of the themes I've downloaded I believe this is my favorite. thanks!

I ran into a problem that I'm able to reproduce every time I try it.

When I try to sort the movies in library view by rating, I am unable to change the sorting back to sort by Name.

I tried to reload the skin several times and that didn't seem to make any difference at all, I had to change the skin back to PM3hd and change the sorting back to name, then switch back to Rapier.

thanks.

Hi, I'm glad you like it.

Yes this was a known problem. It just slipped my mind before I released it. It only happens on the Xbox. I do have a fix for it.
Hi, Im running this skin on AppleTV running xbmc and I absolutely love it.

However, I can't see none of the backgrounds in the home menu. It only shows black.
I tried manually setting the file path to the background and it still does not show.
scarfa Wrote:Tried it on Ubuntu Jaunty with the same build. Seems fine to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

- went into music library songs folder
- played a song
- queue another song
- then go to now playing in context menu

Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. So the song doesn't restart when the "now playing..." list is opened? Very weird that it behaves differently for me.
excellent skin

@ What software should i use to get all the flags to appear?

i use ember media manager, and it only shows the studio flag
xbmc.
spiff Wrote:xbmc.

i use xbmc. what do you mean?

you mean updating movie information from within xbmc? because that doesnt get media flags
mediaflagging has been covered in numerous posts. Please
use the search function and you will find out how mediaflagging works.
rossoneri711 Wrote:i use xbmc. what do you mean?

you mean updating movie information from within xbmc? because that doesnt get media flags

XBMC does indeed get media flags (should say media information). It extracts this info directly from both the media meta info, and deduction from the file format itself. However, the one thing it cannot do is deduce the source (DVD, Blu-ray). This is usually indicated in the filename, or parent folder name.

If you're using a fairly old version of XBMC, then the media flags weren't read, in which case, grab the latest version (but this feature has been around a couple of months at least).
Thank you for this skin, it works and looks perfect.
I have one problem though. When I go to movies, it won't show the fanart, its just a black screen. Running latest SVN build on Ubuntu 9.04.
AnalogKid Wrote:XBMC does indeed get media flags (should say media information). It extracts this info directly from both the media meta info, and deduction from the file format itself. However, the one thing it cannot do is deduce the source (DVD, Blu-ray). This is usually indicated in the filename, or parent folder name.

If you're using a fairly old version of XBMC, then the media flags weren't read, in which case, grab the latest version (but this feature has been around a couple of months at least).

Thanks for the info. I am using the latest nightly build for XBMC PC. I shall try downloading the movie information again from XBMC itself rather than using Ember, and see what happens.

Thanks!
I really love this skin. Finally a skin that looks great AND runs smoothly on my system.

before you go and clutter the skin by adding everyone's feature requests... I'd like to suggest that you keep this skin more or less how it is (bug fixes of course), and then either you or the community can release mods. That way the core skin stays nice and clean, but there are options for people who like bells and whistles and performance hits.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24