Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Does anyone have any other solution given that this is 'broken'? I really want to be able to stream my audio from my PC to other devices in the house (don't mind if it is software outside of XBMC).
If you only need to extend to another room, the Asus wavi(wireless) would be a nice solution. It has usb and hdmi, so you can also control the xbmc box from another room. The setup would be something like this

XBMC > HDMI Splitter
HDMI Splitter > TV
HDMI Splitter > Asus Wavi > TV

However it doesn't have any audio output, so you will atleast need one amp or tv with hdmi.
In Denmark the wavi cost 1200 DKK and the apple tv cost 900 DKK. If you think about it; it is not that expensive as you kind of get another xbmc box or free one up for installation in another room.
I'm working on a project for my school to implement a Multizone Audio Video solution. We made a prototype which connects a home automation controller to a java server (media info etc.) which controls clients (one per zone) on which we use VLC. Means each client connects to the media itself, controlled by the server. (unsynchronized but actually quite in sync)

Now I saw this Multi Room Plugin and I think it could possibly do the job better. But since I'm not the expert I hope you can give me some advise.

The following points are important:
- Every Client(Zone) needs to be able to play the same or different content
e.g. zone 1-5 the same movie, zone 6 some mp3, zone 7 another movie etc.
- Around 10 Zones with 10 Client Computers should be possible (no transcoding)
- Would it be possible to use VLC on the clients with this Plugin? (not really necessary if it can be done with xbmc of course)
- Synchronization is not needed but nice to have, it shouldnt be like 10 seconds Wink
- It needs to have a single control instance somehow, because the home automation system needs to connect to it (can be my own app, maybe you know a remote control interface that works with this plugin, which i could use)
- It needs to be able to send media information to the home automation system (can be my own app, but I guess xbmc has interfaces for that, maybe you have a recommendation)
- Reliability is important, you dont want to restart clients or servers all day... maybe you can tell me about your experiences...

Thanks for your help.
coeps Wrote:I'm working on a project for my school to implement a Multizone Audio Video solution. We made a prototype which connects a home automation controller to a java server (media info etc.) which controls clients (one per zone) on which we use VLC. Means each client connects to the media itself, controlled by the server. (unsynchronized but actually quite in sync)

Thanks for your help.

Sorry coeps...but this add-on has been broken for quite a while now. But that's not to say that it never worked, apparently it did work and quite nicely at that, and from what I believe could have fulfilled your needs. So, if you want to take it on and try to make it work, by all means feel free and go for it! Big Grin It may just need a couple of tweaks here and there, but then again it may need a bit more than that. I'm not really sure since I haven't looked at the code.

Jeez guys...aren't threads ever closed in this XBMC forum? It's borderline ridiculous when threads are open for years on end and people have to read through umpteenmillion posts to find out that such and such doesn't work anymore or that they're reading through old versions of things, or whatever. Do we not have forum moderators that close threads here?
Yeah, that's another issue, people posting things on threads inappropriate for the subject at hand. (Like I am doing right about now Rolleyes)
Posts should be closed as soon as an answer is sufficiently reached or determined inconclusive at the time. And irrelevant topics should be pushed off to other "new" threads. That way, the content is always fresh and the most up to date possible. And BTW, as soon as the answer is reached, effort should be placed to push people to update the wiki. Moderators? What say you?
Thanks for the information Ray.
Since we only have a very limited amount of time to build this product it is quite a risk to try to fix this plugin. I think we will stick to our work for now, maybe go with this plugin when its back again sometime...
installed xbmc 11 beta2 and discovered its no longer in the plugin options

shame it never got fixed I really need this function
don't mean to state the obvious, but have you guys tried airplay?
Sounds great, but I need something open-source, non apple, supporting all formats possible (xvid etc., not only h264 aac like mentioned here: developer.apple.com/...), without transcoding (10 different HD streams) and also content sync (sync play on multiple pc's, probably xbox/ps3 etc., a.k.a party mode) will be requirement for the future, but is as far as i know only available for audio with airplay... if you only live in the perfect apple world, airplay would be the choice i guess...
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem and I've searched the internet and this forum but no luck.

My issue is this.... I cannot get multiroom audio to install from the main repository.... it is not there.

This is true for all three of my installlations 2 of which are XBMCbuntu and another is an xubuntu with XBMC installed on it.

I've tried sudo apt-get update as well as added the repositories that tutorial file gives, still no luck. Also, the only zip file i can find is for an older version where I cannot follow the .pdf instructions because it is too old and it won't update

any help would be great.
(2012-02-05, 19:21)zoydberg Wrote: [ -> ]don't mean to state the obvious, but have you guys tried airplay?

Anyone found any xbmc solution? I too would not consider buying anything made by The Apple Corporation.

Thanks,
Mark.
I'm in a similar situation, id love to be able to do this...

I tried using upnp etc to allow my other xbmcs to see/use the main db... It isn't very well implemented yet and didn't work well at all (for me).

I'd love to be able to send movies and tv shows to a particular xbmc device "play to" but it seems that xbmc doesn't really play well for those who want such a simple method.

I know you can set up a SQL server type scenario... But that's over kill for me. I'm used to apps such as airvideo, AirPlay that literally allow users to use these facilities with such simplicity and ease. I know it can't be easy for the devs to implement as they have so much to do, but I'd love to see something that works like these simple iPad apps such as airvideo, vlc, streamtome etc which basically give 1 click install to access your entire library.

I'd like to see this implanted into xbmc some how, some way, some day Smile
(2012-07-21, 00:09)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in a similar situation, id love to be able to do this...

I tried using upnp etc to allow my other xbmcs to see/use the main db... It isn't very well implemented yet and didn't work well at all (for me).

I'd love to be able to send movies and tv shows to a particular xbmc device "play to" but it seems that xbmc doesn't really play well for those who want such a simple method.

I know you can set up a SQL server type scenario... But that's over kill for me. I'm used to apps such as airvideo, AirPlay that literally allow users to use these facilities with such simplicity and ease. I know it can't be easy for the devs to implement as they have so much to do, but I'd love to see something that works like these simple iPad apps such as airvideo, vlc, streamtome etc which basically give 1 click install to access your entire library.

I'd like to see this implanted into xbmc some how, some way, some day Smile

MySQL is the best way of implementing this, combined with the xbmc remote apps (android or iphone) (or pc/mac via bluestacks) you can play video on any xbmc networked device once you know the IP etc..
I've tried upnp and airplay on different platforms and them very slow to load any decent sized library, much easier to give the device access to the library and play directly.

What devices do you need to play the content on?

anyone know if I can use this to run multizone audio support to play different music in different rooms from 1 XBMC "server" box?
I'd very much like to see something like this. Just an option in the main menu that says "echo" or something. If you put xbmc into that mode, it just listens for another xbmc machine on the network to offer a connection and then plays whatever the other one is playing, or offers a choice if more than one is.
(2012-12-08, 14:17)DoctorDyna Wrote: [ -> ]I'd very much like to see something like this. Just an option in the main menu that says "echo" or something. If you put xbmc into that mode, it just listens for another xbmc machine on the network to offer a connection and then plays whatever the other one is playing, or offers a choice if more than one is.

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15