Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
osli Wrote:@ teshephe:
1. It seems that for true multiroom audio in a larger than average house (where distributed whole house audio is typically found), you will have some zones that are audio only with no video display. You could set up a box for each of those rooms that is hidden in a closet (either in each room or a centralized location where all wire pulls for speakers return as is typical in distributed audio), but I have to ask the natural question: can multiple instances of XBMC be launched on one physical box, each tied to a specific output device? For instance six instances of XBMC launched on one box housing six PCIe or USB audio cards? If so, you nearly instantly have support using your plugin for controlling audio in any of those zones from any XBMC installation in the house. If this sounds impossible at a glance (I have no idea whether this would cause serious hardware/driver conflicts or not), would running multiple VM installations of XBMC hooked into separate USB soundcards be a possibility (from my limited understanding, USB is about the only type of physical hardware you can tie a VM application to)? And if "maybe" then would that fubar the unique network ID needed for your plugin to differentiate one instance from another?

The idea of playing on multiple audio devices on the same system is a good one. However, as already noted, it is infeasible to run multiple instances of the XBMC software on the same host system. Alternatively, I see no reason why running multiple instances of the software is necessary to achieve the desired result of playing on multiple audio devices. Rather, it would seem feasible for a single instance of XBMC to write the same audio data to multiple devices. Because the uncompressed audio data would already be available, it would seem that this approach does not consume significant additional system resources.

BTW, another application of the same feature would be to select between loud speakers and headphones.
Livin Wrote:any plans to make this able to stream different audio to each zone?

teshephe will have to speak for himself regarding his plans, but I can certainly say that a much better way to achieve the same aim is to make it able to instruct a zone (slave system) to play chosen media (assuming the slave has equal access the media file via file sharing). The advantage of this approach of course is that it reduces the load on the master.
Hello Guys/Gals,

Sorry for the long lull in my posting(s) but my "real job" takes precedence. Wink

Anyhow, I am sort of in a holding pattern until Final release of Dharma so as not to have to do any re-coding based on the XBMC Team's fixes to bugs but the goal is to ultimately make it possible to play multiple sources to an infinite number of clients/slaves (rooms) but the Master will always be the central control/aggregation point for the plugin.

FYI, XBMC doesn't play well in a VM environment as my initial testing has been very hit-and-miss and laden with issues.

For those that are asking about XBMCLive support, this is my primary focus once FINAL Dharma is released. Wink
xidahs Wrote:Hi guys I am having no sucess at all with this addon Ive tried 3 diffenrt computers and everytime when Ive gone throught the confiiguration whenever I go to launch the multiroom audio plugin from programs it returns
Error Script Failed! : plugin.program.multiroomaudio
running version 1.1.3 and xbmc pre-10.5 on ubuntu 10.04
any advice as to where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Can you provide a debug of the error(s)? Thanks
swalter Wrote:So, legitimate thanks to everyone for not getting very involved in trying to troubleshoot this one -- I'd feel pretty guilty if there had been a groundswell. Turns out, one of the EventGhost plugins I'm using also uses port 8278 for XBMC. I am not sure yet how I'll get MAV and EG to play nice together, but the rcvudp.py error goes away when I shut off the EG plugin.

Has anyone else had to address this? If not, I'll update the forum if I find a solution.

Sorry SWALTER Eek been on business travel but I have a windows system that runs EG as well and I have not experienced this issue with it. Can you move EG to another system? What's the current status...
i'd like to share a problem (and solution) that beginers might encounter...
if you cant get the client and master to comunicate and your log is something like this...
Quote:12:01:58 T:7404 M:888508416 ERROR: Error Type: urllib2.HTTPError
12:01:58 T:7404 M:888508416 ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized12:01:58 T:7404 M:888508416 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\arganaz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\sendUDP.py", line 25, in ?
usock = urllib2.urlopen(url)

check if you have setup a password on your xbmc webserver, that causes the 401 error.
if you have, just clear it and it should work just fine, hope it helps someone.
Hi there,

This app sounds fantastic, well done for doing it.

I followed your great instructions closely, but It does not work for me because every time I try to restart xbmc it says "not responding" and when kill the process and I start xbmc up again, I get a couple of command window errors about vlc: "the command line options couldnt be loaded, check that they are valid"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark.
hi mark,
you seem to have a problem with powershell, i would try to follow the steps on the PDf on the first message on this topic http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=579387&postcount=1
fredphoesh Wrote:Hi there,

This app sounds fantastic, well done for doing it.

I followed your great instructions closely, but It does not work for me because every time I try to restart xbmc it says "not responding" and when kill the process and I start xbmc up again, I get a couple of command window errors about vlc: "the command line options couldnt be loaded, check that they are valid"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark.

There's a bug in VLC's command-lines;

--netsync-master
and
--netsync-master-ip
--netsync-timeout=500

Got to be:
--control netsync-master
--control netsync-master-ip
--control netsync-timeout=500
Hello,

On my master i'm running win7 x64 and I did run powershell for booth x86 and x64.

To my problem:

I do find my master from my client, it's listed as "Av-Source-Master". It can connect to my master and whenever I change a song on my master the songs title and name does appear in my Client.

But the strange thing is that I get no sound on my client?

Anyone having the same issue?

my master is running VLC 1.1.4 and client running vlc 1.1.5.

BR
ยด
senz
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum or if this request has even been made. I absolutely love XBMC and everything they have to offer. I had an idea though, and could not find a topic already discussing this.

Does anybody know if there is an add-on or something in the works that would allow me use XBMC to play audio to different zones? My thinking is that my XBMC box would play the music and there would be an add-on that would stream that same audio to a piece of client software loaded on to other PCs (client would be PC, Linux, or Mac specific). I could then choose which client I would want to stream to. Maybe even integrate that add-on with the XBMC remote for android.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

-P
I am having the same issue in that the master will see the client and vice versa. When playing audio from the master the client reports which song is playing and tells me if the audio volume levels have been increased/decreased but it just will not play any sound on the client.

Also when i try to exit/shutdown/restart xbmc the app just hangs and then i have to close it via task manager. This was working fine until i installed and tried setting up the Multiroom sound add-on.

I am using on the master Win7 Pro 32 bit , vlc 1.1.5 and latest Xbmc Dharma release.

I am using on the client Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, vlc 1.1.5 and latest Xbmc Dharma release.
I tried out the Multiroom plugin and ran into several problems using with Dharma.
1. On both Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7 32bit, XBMC would freeze when trying to exit. Maybe it was just a really long lag, but it felt like XBMC was froze on both. On Windows (client), I was able to stop the service before exiting and XBMC would then exit fine. In Linux, it didn't seem to matter. As soon as I had the app disabled, XBMC would then exit as normal.

2. When running as Master on my Ubuntu machine, but I would loose all keyboard (or at least remote control) controls as soon as the video or audio would start. Is this normal or is there a setting I need to disable/uncheck?

3. Disabling the app does not prevent the config files from loading when XBMC starts up. I kept seeing script failure messages when I would start XBMC even with the app disabled.

4. Uninstalling the app prevents the config files from loading and erroring, but as referenced in problem #2, I still don't have control over audio and video when I play them even. I found that I had to remove the playercorefactory.xml file to give me back control for video and audio files.

With that being said, I still think this is a really cool app as it did stream the audio I tested (never tried video) out both of my computers. But it isn't usable to me when it is such a problem to exit XBMC and the lose of control over the content once it starts playing.
-Greg
I look forward to this working with XBMC Live!
I'm trying to get the streaming to work on my Kubuntu 10.04 system, but after following all other steps described in the linux pdf, there is no 'MAV Streaming Sink' to choose in the audio output device settings. Also, there is only a single vlc process running instead of the 2 that are supposed to run.

I'm running xbmc 10.0.

Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15