• 23(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
Would be nice if you could change the showcase view within a series so that the seasons posters aren't shown endless from left to right ;-)

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk
Okay I just updated and have been fiddling with the settings, in particular Skin > Video/Music OSD. Is it possible to get the OSD to only show/hide with info press? Currently if pressing info during playback, the OSD shows with the seekbar unless I have "Only show seekbar when pressing info" checked, in which case I can't get the OSD at all. I love now having it show/hide when paused based on info press, that's awesome, but can there be a way to have that small adjustment of not showing during seeking, but still available with info press to show/hide? Hope that's clear lol Big Grin
(2017-07-25, 00:01)b0mb Wrote: Would be nice if you could change the showcase view within a series so that the seasons posters aren't shown endless from left to right ;-)

Not default behaviour. Sounds like you turned on wrap list from the side menu. Turn it off
(2017-07-25, 00:35)colbert Wrote: Okay I just updated and have been fiddling with the settings, in particular Skin > Video/Music OSD. Is it possible to get the OSD to only show/hide with info press? Currently if pressing info during playback, the OSD shows with the seekbar unless I have "Only show seekbar when pressing info" checked, in which case I can't get the OSD at all. I love now having it show/hide when paused based on info press, that's awesome, but can there be a way to have that small adjustment of not showing during seeking, but still available with info press to show/hide? Hope that's clear lol Big Grin
I'm sorry I don't understand. What you are describing is default behaviour.
Turn off show info when paused.
Turn off only show seek bar on info.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-07-24, 20:28)datorkop85 Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 10:32)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 09:44)datorkop85 Wrote: Thank you for this awesome and beautiful skin!
Just have one question... Is it possible to get a "force widget refresh" option in the future? I have some widgets from PBS and SVT Play (official and legal) - it takes 10 - 15 seconds for them to refresh all the time. Would be great to only refresh once at start-up. I know Titan skin has this feature.
The default setting is with forced refreshing turned off. The widgets shouldn't refresh except for after you finishing watching something. There is no way that I know of to turn off refresh completely. Also I don't see that option in Titan...?

Sorry, I meant to post this on the Horizon skin. The problem I seem to have is the following:

1. On start-up the widget on for example my "Documentary" (home menu) section updates = Good
2. I go to my other menu, "Sweden", all the widgets here refresh = OK (would be better if it updated ALL widgets on start-up in all menus)
3. Without watching anything, if I wait a couple of minutes and go to "Documentary" menu, it refreshes the widget. Although no changes have been made.

What I would like is the following:
1. Refresh all widgets in all menus at start-up.
2. Only refresh all widgets after I've watched something.

Thanks again and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

There isn't a lot of control available to the skinner over when widgets refresh. The widgets only load when they are visible, that is kodi default behaviour. The widgets are only visible when the appropriate menu item is focused for obvious reasons. If I were to make them al visible for a second at start up to trigger loading that would result in massive cpu overload. There are potentially 12 menu items with 8 widgets each and categories widget. That is 108 widget containers all loading at once.

The widgets do only refresh after watching something.

You can refresh all widgets at startup by scrolling down through the list once when you first start.

If there was some way I was able to trigger a command to update the next widget once the first was loaded, I would do that, but nothing like that is available from the skinning end of things.
(2017-07-24, 14:52)foghat Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 03:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-23, 22:12)foghat Wrote: Hi,

This is a great skin, very nice work.

I too would love to see the movie audio/video info displayed without having to go into info view - feels very strange not having this info, as it is such a common thing to display. Right now I see 4 different ratings - that is way overkill, imo. Maybe let me pick a single rating to view and also show the audio/video flags?

Also:

1. When on the home screen with a widget item selected, are you looking at providing an option to display the plot info (movies and tv)? Am especially missing this with tv episodes, as selecting the episode from the widget starts playing it immediately vs. going to the info view - like it does when I select a movie from the widget

2. Is there a way to more prominently show fan art? When it does show, it is barely visible under the black transparency. Maybe adding an option to turn the transparency layer on and off and/or being able to set the transparency %?

Thanks.
Thanks.

Yeah this might be a solution - just show the library rating and have a toggle of whether to show codec flags or other ratings. I look at adding it sometime tody.

For your two questions - I have already answered these multiple times in this thread. The short answer is no for both. I have already given instructions on how FanartDim can be modified in the color definition files. And widget info is a no go because all the widgets have to be the same height otherwise it creates alignment issues -- you can access the info dialog by either pressing info on a remote (or "i" on keyboard) or opening the context menu and choosing information -- I believe that many remotes can open the contextmenu by default with a long press of ok.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate you looking into codec flag toggle. I will say, it would be nice if there was a way to keep one rating while showing the codecs.

Not to harp on showing the movie/episode info for a widget item - but maybe something similar to what is done in Titan could be an option? I'm no skinner but, in Titan, it seems the info displayed is separate from the widget itself. At the top of the screen there are a few rows of empty space that get filled with the info. Even if I am viewing an item from widget #2, the info shows at the top of the screen above widget #1.

Either way, thanks for this great skin - it is so clean, I love it.

Hi again,

All your bolded suggestions above to see the plot info work from the movie home screen/widgets, but does not work from the TV home screen/episode widgets:

Info button on the remote does not pull up the info dialog while on the home screen for tv episodes. Long press does not do anything either. Context menu only shows 'resume from xxx', 'play from beginning' or 'Mark as watched/unwatched'.

So as it stands right now, there is no way one can view the plot info for an episode without either starting to play the episode (and then pausing or hitting info button) or going into all tv shows and navigating the show/episode in question.

If you aren't able to add the plot info on the home screen, any chance of having an option so that the OSD automatically shows for x number of seconds when a show/movie is first started?
(2017-07-25, 05:07)foghat Wrote: Hi again,

All your bolded suggestions above to see the plot info work from the movie home screen/widgets, but does not work from the TV home screen/episode widgets:

Info button on the remote does not pull up the info dialog while on the home screen for tv episodes. Long press does not do anything either. Context menu only shows 'resume from xxx', 'play from beginning' or 'Mark as watched/unwatched'.

Works fine for me:

What are you using for the widget?
Thx for this great skin! I love it.

Having some probs since the last update from github:

- single background image for main categories (Movie, TV, etc.) doesn't work anymore. Only fallback image does.

- restoring skin settings from backup is not working

thx thomas
(2017-07-25, 12:29)TomT Wrote: Thx for this great skin! I love it.

Having some probs since the last update from github:

- single background image for main categories (Movie, TV, etc.) doesn't work anymore. Only fallback image does.

- restoring skin settings from backup is not working

thx thomas

Whoops, not sure how I deleted that line of code in the variable for the background images on home. Should be fixed now.

The restore from backup is handled by skin helper, so not a whole lot I can do about that. I have noticed a few issues with it lately though, particular with home menus not restoring. Not sure if its an issue with skinshortcuts or skinhelper, but definitely nothing to do with the skin that I know of.
Thx for your fast response!
Hi jurialmunkey,

It's been a great surprise to find this new and fresh skin. I've been a fan of Arctic Zephyr for quite a long time but I really love your new creation.

I have noticed that when I open "my subscriptions" or any other section on the YouTube addon, all the views available are showing the fanart of the channel instead of a descriptive image of the video. Opening the addon settings from the side menu I can see the thumbnail of the last video selected on the bottom left corner of the settings window.

Is there any chance to come back to the usual behaviour

Thank you very much.
Regards.
(2017-07-25, 15:25)xiringuelu Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

It's been a great surprise to find this new and fresh skin. I've been a fan of Arctic Zephyr for quite a long time but I really love your new creation.

I have noticed that when I open "my subscriptions" or any other section on the YouTube addon, all the views available are showing the fanart of the channel instead of a descriptive image of the video. Opening the addon settings from the side menu I can see the thumbnail of the last video selected on the bottom left corner of the settings window.

Is there any chance to come back to the usual behaviour

Thank you very much.
Regards.

Thanks.

Ah yes you are right. Should be fixed now. Thanks for the bug report Smile
(2017-07-25, 06:27)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 05:07)foghat Wrote: Hi again,

Works fine for me:

What are you using for the widget?

Hi, does the 'info' button also work for you? or just the context menu?

I am using Kodi with PlexKodiConnect. For widget 1, I am using Plex - On Deck and Plex - Recently added for widget 2. Both widgets behave the same in regards to not showing info.

For movies I am also using plex widget items and, as noted above, these behave properly and display the plot info.

Am hoping you will consider my suggestion about an option to auto show the osd for x seconds when something has started to play. Less button button presses and greater WAF. Smile thx.
(2017-07-25, 02:27)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 00:01)b0mb Wrote: Would be nice if you could change the showcase view within a series so that the seasons posters aren't shown endless from left to right ;-)

Not default behaviour. Sounds like you turned on wrap list from the side menu. Turn it off
(2017-07-25, 00:35)colbert Wrote: Okay I just updated and have been fiddling with the settings, in particular Skin > Video/Music OSD. Is it possible to get the OSD to only show/hide with info press? Currently if pressing info during playback, the OSD shows with the seekbar unless I have "Only show seekbar when pressing info" checked, in which case I can't get the OSD at all. I love now having it show/hide when paused based on info press, that's awesome, but can there be a way to have that small adjustment of not showing during seeking, but still available with info press to show/hide? Hope that's clear lol Big Grin
I'm sorry I don't understand. What you are describing is default behaviour.
Turn off show info when paused.
Turn off only show seek bar on info.

Sorry it was tricky to explain for me and I did try that, but it was still showing the OSD when paused for non-library videos. I restarted Kodi and it looks to be working now.

Is there a way to add Search to the Shutdown menu? I just tried but couldn't find it in any of the available items, talking about Skin > Miscellaneous > Customise power menu
I would like to sort my genre widget by alphabetic order, I tried using the flag title and name, but still is not properly ordered. What is the correct tag for that? Thanks
(2017-07-25, 17:32)foghat Wrote: Hi, does the 'info' button also work for you? or just the context menu?

I am using Kodi with PlexKodiConnect. For widget 1, I am using Plex - On Deck and Plex - Recently added for widget 2. Both widgets behave the same in regards to not showing info.

For movies I am also using plex widget items and, as noted above, these behave properly and display the plot info.

Am hoping you will consider my suggestion about an option to auto show the osd for x seconds when something has started to play. Less button button presses and greater WAF. Smile thx.
Yes both info and context menu work fine for me. It is an issue with the add-on that you are using. You should report it in their support forums as there is nothing I can do about it from the skin side of things.

Autoshowing the osd info is not really something that is possible.

(2017-07-25, 17:42)colbert Wrote: Sorry it was tricky to explain for me and I did try that, but it was still showing the OSD when paused for non-library videos. I restarted Kodi and it looks to be working now.

Is there a way to add Search to the Shutdown menu? I just tried but couldn't find it in any of the available items, talking about Skin > Miscellaneous > Customise power menu
No problem. Glad it's working.

You can find global search add-on in programs:
Add-ons > Programs > Global Search

(2017-07-26, 01:08)ferent Wrote: I would like to sort my genre widget by alphabetic order, I tried using the flag title and name, but still is not properly ordered. What is the correct tag for that? Thanks
It doesn't sort alphabetically by default? The ones from the library that I use do...

Are you using an add-on for a genres widget? If you are, go into the actual add-on and check if you can sort it alphabetically using options from the sideblade -- you can only do sorting options for widgets that work inside the actual library windows (going into the library will also give you a clue as to what the name of the sort style is). Also, sometimes you need to add a sort direction for the sort type to actually apply -- I'm not sure why, it seems like a weird kodi quirk.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13