• 40(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
(2017-08-20, 14:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Blurayx -- I totally changed my mind about the widget spacing after seeing your screenshot. I've changed it so that two widgets will fit on screen properly

lol Big Grin

The spacing is perfect.

Thank You

suggestion:

I never use more than two widgets at a time. but for people who use more than two widgets, you could add a icon to indicate more at the top, next to movies
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
Could you make the "Latest Changes" on addons scroll, if the addon has a long description and/or disclaimer you won't see all of the recent changes
jurialmunkey,

Loving the new additions to the skin recently, nice work.
Does this skin have the option for adding a personal rating? I couldn't find it anywhere. If not would you consider adding it if you can find suitable space?
Cheers.
(2017-08-20, 14:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Blurayx -- I totally changed my mind about the widget spacing after seeing your screenshot. I've changed it so that two widgets will fit on screen properly

Thanks for doing this. Awhile back I was going to ask you to do something similar, but then forgot about it.

As an aside, are you seeing british flags in the information screen? If so, what do they represent? At first I thought they may be a ratings icon or something, but I don't think The Goonies would only get 2 stars in any rating system.

The number of flags shown changes based on the movie.

(2017-08-20, 21:38)foghat Wrote:

Thanks for doing this. Awhile back I was going to ask you to do something similar, but then forgot about it.

As an aside, are you seeing british flags in the information screen? If so, what do they represent? At first I thought they may be a ratings icon or something, but I don't think The Goonies would only get 2 stars in any rating system.

I've assumed they are subtitle flags. I have movies with 5 or 6 of them & several different countries.
(2017-08-20, 21:41)taurus35 Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 21:38)foghat Wrote:

I've assumed they are subtitle flags. I have movies with 5 or 6 of them & several different countries.

Hmmm. That could make sense. I have only one Subtitle for The Goonies, an English one - so not sure why 2 flags are showing? And Movies that I have no subtitles for, still show a single English flag. Maybe it is denoting subtitles plus default track language? I think this might be it. The brighter image denotes default audio track langauge and the lighter one(s) indicate subtitle language.
(2017-08-20, 22:06)foghat Wrote: Hmmm. That could make sense. I have only one Subtitle for The Goonies, an English one - so not sure why 2 flags are showing? And Movies that I have no subtitles for, still show a single English flag. Maybe it is denoting subtitles plus default track language? I think this might be it. The brighter image denotes default audio track langauge and the lighter one(s) indicate subtitle language.

First one is audio track (Portuguese) second is subtitle (English)
(2017-08-20, 22:06)foghat Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 21:41)taurus35 Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 21:38)foghat Wrote: Thanks for doing this. Awhile back I was going to ask you to do something similar, but then forgot about it.

Hmmm. That could make sense. I have only one Subtitle for The Goonies, an English one - so not sure why 2 flags are showing? And Movies that I have no subtitles for, still show a single English flag. Maybe it is denoting subtitles plus default track language? I think this might be it. The brighter image denotes default audio track langauge and the lighter one(s) indicate subtitle language.

The brighter flag is audio track, the other one is subtitle
Yep Edworld is correct - bright is audio language and dim is subs language
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-08-20, 14:24)Blurayx Wrote: I never use more than two widgets at a time. but for people who use more than two widgets, you could add a icon to indicate more at the top, next to movies
Yeah that might be a good idea. It isn't as bad as I thought actually -- the way the spacing works, if you scroll to the second widget you will be able to see if there are more below. Also, if you use small sub category widget then it doesn't matter anyway because there will always be the overhang -- and that is the default setup anyway.

(2017-08-20, 15:28)komplex Wrote: Could you make the "Latest Changes" on addons scroll, if the addon has a long description and/or disclaimer you won't see all of the recent changes
The autosizing textboxes are not allowing it to scroll. As it is the bottom item, it just thinks it has unlimited space. To get around this, I've fixed it so that you can press right and it will open up the plot overlay with the Description and Latest Changes and you can scroll up and down in that.

(2017-08-20, 21:29)taurus35 Wrote: jurialmunkey,

Does this skin have the option for adding a personal rating? I couldn't find it anywhere. If not would you consider adding it if you can find suitable space?
Cheers.
No it didn't, but I have added it. It is in the sideblade in the video info (User Rating). If you set a user rating, the rating in the header of the video info will change. Also, the yellow stars in the view types will take their rating from the user rating now (and if there is none, then the library rating).
Any chance you'd consider adding the time remaining to the seek bar? I know you can do the math based on what is already provided, but I suck at math. Smile Perhaps have it start on the far left (next to 'Now Playing') and then have it follow with the progress bar as the bar progresses?
Is anyone else having issues with Extended Info today? Upon trying to retrieve character bios I will often get an Extended Info script error. Sometimes it retrieves fine. Other times not. TMDB was loading very slowly for me earlier today - so I thought that it may be a tmdb issue. The site seems to be loading fine now, but I am still getting the errors.

If problem still persists tomorrow, I will post logs in the appropriate forum.
(2017-08-21, 01:13)foghat Wrote: Any chance you'd consider adding the time remaining to the seek bar? I know you can do the math based on what is already provided, but I suck at math. Smile Perhaps have it start on the far left (next to 'Now Playing') and then have it follow with the progress bar as the bar progresses?
The seek bar should show the time that it ends. I always thought that was more useful than time remaining. I'm reluctant to add time remaining as I think it is a bit confusing having both time elapsed and time remaining (and I don't want to put it in a different location because I think similar info should be grouped together).

(2017-08-21, 01:47)foghat Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with Extended Info today? Upon trying to retrieve character bios I will often get an Extended Info script error. Sometimes it retrieves fine. Other times not. TMDB was loading very slowly for me earlier today - so I thought that it may be a tmdb issue. The site seems to be loading fine now, but I am still getting the errors.

Yeah I'm having the same error. Seems to be for any actor that isn't cached (actors I've looked at previously work, ones I'm pretty sure I haven't looked at throw the error). Looking at the log, seems like it is definitely a bug in the code. What is odd is that it doesn't look like Extended Info has been updated... Maybe an underlying dependency has an issue, or the site it is scraping from might've changed its API.
(2017-08-21, 02:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 01:13)foghat Wrote: Any chance you'd consider adding the time remaining to the seek bar? I know you can do the math based on what is already provided, but I suck at math. Smile Perhaps have it start on the far left (next to 'Now Playing') and then have it follow with the progress bar as the bar progresses?
The seek bar should show the time that it ends. I always thought that was more useful than time remaining. I'm reluctant to add time remaining as I think it is a bit confusing having both time elapsed and time remaining (and I don't want to put it in a different location because I think similar info should be grouped together).

(2017-08-21, 01:47)foghat Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with Extended Info today? Upon trying to retrieve character bios I will often get an Extended Info script error. Sometimes it retrieves fine. Other times not. TMDB was loading very slowly for me earlier today - so I thought that it may be a tmdb issue. The site seems to be loading fine now, but I am still getting the errors.

Yeah I'm having the same error. Seems to be for any actor that isn't cached (actors I've looked at previously work, ones I'm pretty sure I haven't looked at throw the error). Looking at the log, seems like it is definitely a bug in the code. What is odd is that it doesn't look like Extended Info has been updated... Maybe an underlying dependency has an issue, or the site it is scraping from might've changed its API.

Fair enough on added time remaining to the seek bar. Is there any way you could have an option to toggle between elapsed time and time remaining? To me, elapsed time just does not provide valuable info - I don't really ever care about how long something has been playing, but often I do care how much longer something has to play. I get the end time is there, but that still requires that I do some math... Smile

I ended up posting the Extended info issue in the proper thread. Seems at least one other person there is experiencing the same thing.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558&page=49
(2017-08-21, 00:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 21:29)taurus35 Wrote: jurialmunkey,

Cheers.
No it didn't, but I have added it. It is in the sideblade in the video info (User Rating). If you set a user rating, the rating in the header of the video info will change. Also, the yellow stars in the view types will take their rating from the user rating now (and if there is none, then the library rating).

jurialmunkey,

Great work, thanks very much.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13