• 88(current)
Release Eminence
sorry for my impatiance but are there any news on an helix release?
I don't normally have time to write reviews but I just had to say WOW on this one.

This skin is something else, it really is. I run low-spec/low-power xbmc clients in my house and although they can all play HD content just fine, navigating around the menus and a huge media library has been slow and sluggish on anything but the most basic of skins. Then I discovered Eminence. The speed, oh the speed. It's quick, it's snappy and gets the job done twice as fast as any other skin with similar features.

Design is a matter of taste for everyone and from looking at the screenshots I wouldn't have normally been my first choice but once I tried it, it looks so much better once you are actually using it and have a play/customise it to your liking. The customising..here we go...you can do anything you want with this skin, it's amazing. The plethora of settings and intuitive interfaces give you the ability to change anything you can imagine from colours to fonts, from media views to shortcut actions everything is customisable at the click of a button.

I like my posters banners and fanart and a nice rich content experience in my media library, something I was unable to run at an acceptable performance on any other skin until I found Eminence. I've been using it for 3 days now and the speed still blows me away, even with all the fanart and everything you can imagine being enabled it's still quick, snappy and dependable and so easy to use even my 18-month-old can put his cartoons on without assistance.

THANKYOU jurialmunkey for this skin, you are a GOD.
One more small request: Can we set the spotlight widgets up a bit differently? When I set the main menu widget to spotlight it refreshes every time the menu item is hovered over. I would actually love to have it so it refreshed only every so often as the widgets in the hub do. I would like if the widget in the hub refreshed every time but the main menu one stayed for a bit, in other words swapping the way they react.

Just a minor thing, but I thought I would mention it. Have had very few issues with this skin. Thanks again for making such a great skin.
This skin is awesome. Quick question, when you bring up the video info overlay when watching a tv episode, on the bottom left is an air date and studio. What xml file controls this?
Thank you for version 1.0.9. Appreciate your work on this skin.
@jurielmunkey->

Recently there was a discussion on the forum, with some of the XBMC developers getting involved regarding un-neccessary and un-needed addons that get installed when users try out new Skins.

I personally have encountered a lot of problems on two low memory devices - an RPi and an ancient but still capable ATV1 running Crystalbuntu2.
These both have 256MB of RAM to play with, and as you can imagine - Addons slow down and eventually cripple the system after trying out skins.
Yes you can uninstall the Skin - but this still leaves un-needed addons slowing down the system that have to be hunted down and seperately un-installed, its a tedious process.

Now in this recent discussion, some developers suggested we ask individual Skinners to help out with this growing Add-on menace for low memory devices.
As this is my favorite skin and your design is all about speed, simplicity and elegance - I'm asking for a list of Addons that are not actually needed when using the default skin configuration (includes Live TV - PVR functions activated)

I notice on the front page you list those addons that are installed. You Arctic ii skin lists the optional extras - can we please have a similar list here so I can delete those not needed.

Thanks in advance.

The skin itself has dependency details in addon.xml, I wonder if the dependencies could be specifically listed on the addons website, ie here: http://addons.xbmc.org/show/skin.eminence/

A simple change to the addons website code could make this information available easily for all addons (not just skins!).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A nice simple idea !

Skins would still need to display a minimal dependancy list if only a Default Skin configuration is used - to weed out some of the fluff.

Its enforcement of the issue that may be the problem, but if the Kodi devs did not allowing a Skin into the official Repo until complying that may be a way to force the issue.

(2014-11-03, 21:59)fitzy89 Wrote: THANKYOU jurialmunkey for this skin, you are a GOD.

The auto installed dependencies are:

service.skin.widgets
service.library.data.provider
script.globalsearch
script.favourites
script.artistslideshow
script.eminencefunctions

Artist Slideshow is not really necessary and I will probably change that for Helix.
Skin Widgets is only necessary for the global mixed widget (only way to interleave two sets of content) so I'm thinking that the default global widget should simply be Movies Spotlight thus removing the need for skin widgets (all other widgets can be done with library data provider and smart playlists). All the others are necessary for basic skin functions.

Optional extras currently supported are:
Tv Tunes
Artwork Downloader
Lyrics
Cinema Experience

Planned future extras:
metadata actors
dvd extras
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks for that.

Its a good day - managed to fix a lot of problems so far!

Anyone knows how to solve the subtitle screen issue? when you choose a zip file with more than one subtitle, the screen that shows up all subtitles available in the zip file appears behind the main screen, like this: http://s27.postimg.org/nbkwrmppf/Capturar.jpg

it's really annoying, i cant choose the right subtitle because i can't see it Confused
Kind of an oddball question here, and maybe something you guys can help me out with.

First off, LOVE Eminence! Smile

Secondly, I put XBMC on my folks' computer so they can use it (I also have it on a Minix Neo X8-H at home).

When I tried to remote into their PC to enable a PVR IPTV addon, my screen is completely black whilst in XBMC. I can see their desktop, but when I launch the XBMC program it goes completely black.

This problem pops up regards of which version of windows I run XBMC on and try to remote into it.

Any ideas / thoughts?

Thanks!

-Zlizz
Dear,

I'd like to have the skin in white. Is it also possible for me to change the colour of the skin?

Regards
Jurialmunkey,

Should the "Information" box in the middle of the views have the same position and size?

The reason why i ask is that i have created a background overlay with a frame around the box and it works perfectly on all views i have tested except on Album info and Artist info views (DialogAlbumInfo.xml) where the position is off around 20 pixels to the right.

Initially i thought it was a good idea to frame this box since it seems to be in the same place on all views but if it don't have the same position and size on all views i have to skip this idea.

(2014-11-08, 00:04)blazinramirez Wrote: Dear,

I'd like to have the skin in white. Is it also possible for me to change the colour of the skin?

Regards

Yes. See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204457

I have created a "White" color scheme with the help of this information.

Regards
(2014-11-07, 20:34)zlizz Wrote: When I tried to remote into their PC to enable a PVR IPTV addon, my screen is completely black whilst in XBMC. I can see their desktop, but when I launch the XBMC program it goes completely black.

I use remote control programs a lot in my line of work and can confim this happens for me as well using Teamviewer (not sure which you use). I believe it is due to graphics acceleration and/or DirectX. I haven't tested this theory with XBMC yet but try disabling hardware acceleration and see if that makes it work better: http://www.wikihow.com/Turn-off-Hardware-Acceleration
It will reduce performance slightly but you can always enable it again once you have made the necessary changes. In the past I've used it with other media players to see what's playing from a remote session.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35