Win Episode won't re-add to library
I've got a problem where a TV episode won't re-add to my library (XBMC 11 - Eden).

I use SickBeard and SABnzbd to download my episodes and automatically add them to my XBMC library. I noticed that an episode had been added to the library twice for some reason (I checked and the file only existed once - not sure what happened). I removed both instances of the episode from the library, did an update on the library to re-add the episode, but it won't re-add. I've tried cleaning the library and re-updating, but still no luck.

This has happened before where I was half way through watching an episode, and when I went to watch the second half, it wouldn't play. I removed it from the library to re-add it again to see if that would fix it, but nothing. No matter how many times I update the episode won't re-appear.

The files in question are named correctly, as I have seen them appear in the library previously. It's only after I have removed them from the library and tried to re-add them that things go wrong. Any idea what's happening?
I've had that happen too. The only solution I found was to rename the file slightly. So a file I had that was named series.S01E01.title.mpeg I would rename to series.S01E01.mpeg. Then it would get back in the library just fine.
While pkscuot is correct, however I'm afraid this is a temporary "fix". Once he watches that episode it will be removed from the library again. When you slightly alter the name it will create a duplicate. click the wrong one and it will tell you it's no longer valid and if you want to remove. Or you simply run the default Clean Library option.

I have confirmed this issue and can be easily repeated by simply watching a video (as in let the file run in it's entirety and return to the library on it's own)

I currently have 250 movies. When I watch a movie in it's entirety the movie will once again be removed thus dropping total movie #'s down one.
I had stumbled onto http://filebot.sourceforge.net/ and let IMDB rename all my movies to it's "proper" format. Ran clean library and all looked perfect. Watched a movie and BAM gone. Ran the movie scanner plugin. Nothing.
After reading through the Wiki, I saw a section that mentioned .NFO is desired for each file. So I created those and it made no difference.

I certainly appreciate all the work the devs are doing so with all due respect, to me this is a huge show stopper. When a person has that many videos, it's almost impossible to find what movies are now missing (if you catch this problem too late).
I am going to see if it's caused by letting the movie end going back to the library or a certain amount of run time or etc.... Got fix this issue - it's really bad news.
FWIW I'm on Windows 8 running Frodo V12.
Thanks for your reply cellison, but I don't think your problem is related to the issue I'm having.. It is simply that you have got your movie library set to only show "unwatched" movies, hence the reason a movie disappears after you have watched it and an update library picks up nothing new?

The problem I am having was on an episode that had only just been added to the library and never watched. pkscuot's answer will fix the problem, but this is only a hack. There must be something corrupted that won't allow the original episodes to be re-added. This is what I'm trying to track down.
(2013-02-20, 05:21)sfinks_29 Wrote: Thanks for your reply cellison, but I don't think your problem is related to the issue I'm having.. It is simply that you have got your movie library set to only show "unwatched" movies, hence the reason a movie disappears after you have watched it and an update library picks up nothing new?

The problem I am having was on an episode that had only just been added to the library and never watched. pkscuot's answer will fix the problem, but this is only a hack. There must be something corrupted that won't allow the original episodes to be re-added. This is what I'm trying to track down.

Well I'll be damned. I owe you (insert two beers toasting gif) much thanks. I have been banging my head against the wall for 3 days now trying to figure this damn thing out.
You nailed it. I never noticed the "unwatched" feature.

Once again I sincerely appreciate the advice.
sfinks,

Do you have other episodes of the same show on other drives/shares? This is know to cause very strange behaviour and is very hard to fix - I plan to delete my DB and start again.
Anastrophe, I have all of my episodes split across 2 drives, but I make sure that all episodes for a show are on the same drive. So no, none of the other episodes of the shows in question are on different drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode won't re-add to library0