[Archive] Arctic
@jurialmunkey
Silly of me
I was impatient
Indeed text is scrolling
Btw I appreciate the skin
Keep up the good work
Finally jurial Smile
Greetings to aussie! Just donated a few bucks (periodically I will donate some more). I am still a poor student Smile
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
(2013-08-27, 03:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 23:04)lysin Wrote: is there any way to pause a movie/tv show to Info screen (showing the cover and access to synopsis)?
Check the latest git. In Skin Settings > OSD, make sure 'simplified seekbar' is turned off (its down the bottom). That will make the poster and info show whenever the seekbar shows (so on pause, fast forward etc.). If you are talking about showing the plot automatically too, its not really possible without adding a lot of messy code that is just going to cause other problems.

Thanks jurialmunkey.

That was exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers
(2013-08-27, 04:23)bigbodiehard Wrote: On the Simplified Seek bar could you please add end time back otherwise great Job really clean and minimal.
Thats not the seekbar, thats the osd controls -- seekbar is the progress bar down the bottom. Check the latest git, the clock and end-time will now show whenever the seekbar is showing (previously they wouldn't show when the osd controls were showing) -- so you can now just press up from the osd controls to see the clocks.

(2013-08-28, 16:13)blondeshanks Wrote: One last thing... is there any way you could make the osd info screenshot fallback to landscape if there is no poster available? As it is, it crams the screenshot into a poster

Lastly, not sure this is a fault but the 'Get More' icon appears to be missing from the addons and programs applications section? It's just a black icon?
Yeah the thumb in the osd has been bugging me for a while now, I'm still just figuring out what the best way to do it is because the height difference makes it looks weird when the info is extended up.

I fixed the get more icon for addons/programs in latest git.

(2013-08-28, 20:30)Azake Wrote: Finally jurial Smile
Greetings to aussie! Just donated a few bucks (periodically I will donate some more). I am still a poor student Smile
Thank you so much Big Grin
I'm a poor student too, so I really appreciate it!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Is there a way to make it so when OSD controls show the clock also shows? If it's not too much trouble. I don't mind editing the xml if that's what it takes.
In Artic i can not see in add-ons enabled the change log, this is a bug?.

Confluence:

Artic:

Thanks
Thumbs Up 
This is an epic skin dude! Cool

Thank you so much for all your effort, this is now my default skin and I've recommended it to 3 friends who will no doubt adopt it.

A few requests:

Can I ask if you would implement the new Widget that only gets the single most recent episode of each season when they are scanned as currently new episodes is useless if you add a new TV Show as every episode goes in.

Secondly, I just can't get the Next Aired (TV Guide) section to display images consistently no matter which type I choose.

Thirdly, could you add a few more view types for the pictures section?

Lastly, is there an easy way to re-order the sub menus that appear when you press UP on the home screen? You've provided editors for them so I can add my own, which is fab, but it's painful to move them by deleting and re-entering everything only to think, shit I want to slot something else between.

Many thanks, keep up the stunning work!
(2013-08-29, 19:31)bigbodiehard Wrote: Is there a way to make it so when OSD controls show the clock also shows? If it's not too much trouble. I don't mind editing the xml if that's what it takes.
Make sure you have the latest git (this will only work with a couple of changes I made). Exit xbmc. Then to your guisettings.xml in xbmc's userdata folder (its a level down from the addons folder) add the following line to the <skinsettings> section, save, then start xbmc.
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.osd.alwaysshowclocks">true</setting>

(2013-08-29, 19:42)PatOso Wrote: In Artic i can not see in add-ons enabled the change log, this is a bug?.
Fixed in latest git.

(2013-08-29, 23:27)FoxTC Wrote: This is an epic skin dude! Cool

(1) Can I ask if you would implement the new Widget that only gets the single most recent episode of each season when they are scanned as currently new episodes is useless if you add a new TV Show as every episode goes in.

(2) Secondly, I just can't get the Next Aired (TV Guide) section to display images consistently no matter which type I choose.

(3) Thirdly, could you add a few more view types for the pictures section?

(4) Lastly, is there an easy way to re-order the sub menus that appear when you press UP on the home screen? You've provided editors for them so I can add my own, which is fab, but it's painful to move them by deleting and re-entering everything only to think, shit I want to slot something else between.
Thanks Big Grin

1 - Just change the tv shows widget to "ongoing tv shows" (Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home widgets)

2 - You probably don't have that type of artwork available for that particular show. In the latest git version I made a fix that hopefully should make "landscape" fallback to fanart if landscape art is not available - I can't test it as all my shows have landscape art, but it should work -- alternatively, if you simply deselect the artwork type (i.e. by clicking again on the artwork type that is selected) then it will just use fanart.

3 - There is already three viewtypes for pictures -- list, large thumb list and thumbnail -- I don't really know what other viewtypes would make sense for pictures??

4 - Sorry not at the moment. Believe me, its a far more painful inconvenience for me to code it -- because of the way the skinning engine works, what seems like something that should be relatively trivial to implement is actually quite a big and tedious task. Every single possible move has to be coded individually -- so there are 10 sub menu items each with 6 attributes which each must be swappable with 9 other items times by 5 menus.
So 10 x 6 x 9 x 5 = 2700 lines of code.
Hi again :-)

I've detect that in music list, If the artist thumbnail is not proporcional (landscape for example) some views show each artist thumb with a different proportions: some stretched, some cropped... And the big póster view if the artist is focused the thumb is cropped, but If it's not focused is stretched.

Could you review this little bug? Thanks!
Still loving this theme!

Not sure if you can fix this as it goes with sorting. I love the letter that appears when you are working your way through lists (music, Tv shows, movies). But when you are in information of a movie or tv episode and you click on the actor, you know the list it brings up where it shows all the movies and tv shows from your library that actor is in? Well, when you go down it, it shows the first character of that list which is almost always a "[" because [movies] and [TV shows] show up first. It would be nice if it could ignore that character when selected.
(2013-08-30, 03:02)ferent Wrote: I've detect that in music list, If the artist thumbnail is not proporcional (landscape for example) some views show each artist thumb with a different proportions: some stretched, some cropped... And the big póster view if the artist is focused the thumb is cropped, but If it's not focused is stretched.
Thanks. Should be fixed in latest git, I'm pretty sure I got them all. All should scale now (zoom and crop to fit rather than stretch). Let me know if I missed any.

(2013-08-30, 06:01)Tripp Wrote: Still loving this theme!

Not sure if you can fix this as it goes with sorting. I love the letter that appears when you are working your way through lists (music, Tv shows, movies). But when you are in information of a movie or tv episode and you click on the actor, you know the list it brings up where it shows all the movies and tv shows from your library that actor is in? Well, when you go down it, it shows the first character of that list which is almost always a "[" because [movies] and [TV shows] show up first. It would be nice if it could ignore that character when selected.
This is an issue with xbmc. The skinning engine doesn't provide a way to strip characters from a string/label, so the sort letter is provided by the info label ListItem.SortLetter -- in these cases it is returning what it supposed to (first character of the label), it just happens that we don't want the first character of the label.
Photo 
Thanks for the reply:

jurialmunkey Wrote:1 - Just change the tv shows widget to "ongoing tv shows" (Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home widgets)
That's always blank for me, I'm not using the GIT version mind, could that be the issue? There's def recent shows (BB/DEXTER).

jurialmunkey Wrote:2 - You probably don't have that type of artwork available for that particular show. In the latest git version I made a fix that hopefully should make "landscape" fallback to fanart if landscape art is not available - I can't test it as all my shows have landscape art, but it should work -- alternatively, if you simply deselect the artwork type (i.e. by clicking again on the artwork type that is selected) then it will just use fanart.
The extra artwork is showing elsewhere (clearArt etc) but not in Next Aired, I will take a screen grab tonight so you can see.

jurialmunkey Wrote:3 - There is already three viewtypes for pictures -- list, large thumb list and thumbnail -- I don't really know what other viewtypes would make sense for pictures??
I've mocked something as an alternative to see what you think:

jurialmunkey Wrote:4 - Sorry not at the moment. Believe me, its a far more painful inconvenience for me to code it -- because of the way the skinning engine works, what seems like something that should be relatively trivial to implement is actually quite a big and tedious task. Every single possible move has to be coded individually -- so there are 10 sub menu items each with 6 attributes which each must be swappable with 9 other items times by 5 menus.
So 10 x 6 x 9 x 5 = 2700 lines of code.
I totally get where you are coming from on this one, I looked at the XML files to see if I could shift stuff around manually and its mad so thought better of it.
(2013-08-30, 12:13)FoxTC Wrote: That's always blank for me, I'm not using the GIT version mind, could that be the issue? There's def recent shows (BB/DEXTER).

The extra artwork is showing elsewhere (clearArt etc) but not in Next Aired, I will take a screen grab tonight so you can see.
No it definitely should work on the repository version - I update it to the latest git version at least once a week. The ongoing widget shows the first unwatched episode of shows with at least one watched episode. Goto 'Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Services > Skin Widgets", hit ok/enter then goto "configure". Go to recommended and make sure that it is turned on.

That's really strange about next aired not showing the artwork -- that's never happened to me.

I like the idea of a small thumbs picture view with a large preview of the selected picture. I'll add a view like that when I get a chance.
Great skin. I've moved from ReFocus Big and have an issue with the poster shown when pausing a TV show. If I am watching an episode from Breaking Bad Series 3 for example, if I pause or press "I" for info the poster shown is the default poster for the series, not the poster for series 3, happens with all TV. Im wondering if your skin only looks for that file as in this variable (I think??)

<variable name="ArcticOSDPoster">
<value condition="!IsEmpty(Player.Art(poster)">$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</value>
<value condition="!IsEmpty(Player.Art(tvshow.poster)">$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
<value condition="!IsEmpty(Player.Art(thumb)">$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)]</value>
<value condition="Player.HasVideo">views/fallbacks/DefaultVideo.png/large.png</value>
<value condition="!Player.HasVideo">views/fallbacks/DefaultAudio.png/square-large.png</value>
</variable>

Or if it is my naming convention that is wrong for your skin. At the moment it is like this:

Series Poster: Breaking Bad\poster.jpg
Season Poster: Breaking Bad\season01-poster.jpg

To get this to work in Refocus the following file had to be in all season folders:

Breaking Bad\Season 1\folder.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, keep up the good work.
Really enjoy your spin off of Xperience1080.

I like how you have made it so all of the home screen objects customizable; is there a possibility that we can customize the Live TV object? I really prefer the EPG view over the the channel view and it would be nice if I could modify the default through the skin versus modifying the code. I know most of the XBMC pvr stuff is in its infancy so this may not be an option.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24