• 10(current)
[Archive] Arctic
is there any way to pause a movie/tv show to Info screen (showing the cover and access to synopsis)?
(2013-08-26, 09:51)cruse Wrote: jurialmunkey, the empty top bar is showing in the old non-small OSD when pressing info, doesn't look right with the chapter tab (if available). Top bar should only show while control bar is active IMO, otherwise it's just covering content real estate.
Check the latest git. It should show a long top bar only if chapter info is available (chapters on left side, clocks on right) or if the osd controls are up. Otherwise the clocks are shown in a small tab.

(2013-08-26, 10:41)PatOso Wrote: In every movie I have a folder "extrathumbs" and looking at the information to display these "extrathumbs" in mode slideshow.
Fanart background does not change
Ah I see what you mean now. I'll look into adding it in.

(2013-08-26, 11:29)magico77 Wrote: In this regard, in the version of your skin I can not find the menu to activate the cdart: I have Settings> Skin> General> enable cdart.
That option will enable cdart/discart for the osd. To show disc art in poster views you need to enable it for that specific viewtype. In the options menu, underneath where you change the viewtype is "view options". In that menu there is an option to "Show discart"

(2013-08-26, 14:38)marfa Wrote: I would like to ask if possible a little modification in the movies view "Medium List". Now, with this view, you can see the poster at the left and 3 (if I remember well) movies titles at right. Do you think could be possible to see much more movies title at right (10 for example or whatever that the screen allows). It would do it easier to navigate).

Also, is it a complication to activate mouse support?
Use the "low list" -- its pretty much the same as medium list but shows five items instead. Alternatively you can use the "panel list", then in view options enable "show plot" and "show back panel" -- that will make it look more like the medium list, but shows 8 items irc.

Yeah, unfortunately mouse support is complicated to add. It involves a significant redesign of the homescreen code. It'll probably happen eventually, but not for the time being -- as (1) I don't have enough free time to do it at the moment; and (2) I don't use a mouse with my htpc so I would rather focus my time on things that also bring me some benefit.

(2013-08-26, 15:10)PatOso Wrote: rss is little visible in the dark theme and ocean. Is possible to show only in the home menu?.
Thanks..............
In latest git rss colours should be fixed.

(2013-08-26, 16:36)ferent Wrote: jurialmunkey, could you add classic poster to the music genre, like you did with movie genre? thanks!
Will do when I get a chance. Unfortunately I can't just enable the same view for music genres because the ids conflict so I have to create a new viewtype.

(2013-08-26, 23:04)lysin Wrote: is there any way to pause a movie/tv show to Info screen (showing the cover and access to synopsis)?
Check the latest git. In Skin Settings > OSD, make sure 'simplified seekbar' is turned off (its down the bottom). That will make the poster and info show whenever the seekbar shows (so on pause, fast forward etc.). If you are talking about showing the plot automatically too, its not really possible without adding a lot of messy code that is just going to cause other problems.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
On the Simplified Seek bar could you please add end time back otherwise great Job really clean and minimal.
Jurial long time I didn't post anything Tongue

Today I just wanna tell you: "Man, where are the damn donation button?" Smile I don't think you will get rich but I think you can buy some beer or coffee or whatever you like at least 1 or 2 times on the house Smile
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
Hi jurialmunkey,

First off - this is my default skin now, it's that good!

Second, may I make a few small requests.....

1) an option to turn off the text overlay for items I add to the favourites section

2) on the video add-ons and program add-ons sections, add an option (maybe under the 'view options' from the slide-out panel) to remove text overlay from the icons

3) I like the minimalist approach to the OSD, with them being set at the top but I would like an option to see the minimalist progress bar at the bottom (at the same time) when I press 'OK' on my remote - as it is, I have to press 'OK' then go across to 'i' for the progress

Thanks for the hard work and keep it up Big Grin
(2013-08-26, 06:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah I see what you mean now. I'll look into adding it in.

jurialmunkey, thanks for considering
Yes i d like to beable to remove the texte layer to!!
It just look bad...
Thanks! For your work!
Cheers
Thansk jurialmunkey. Your suggestion about the way to get an approx view is perfect.

Best regards,
Noticed 2 other simple color fixes for Dark Theme

List Views (case shown Addons Menu) -> http://i.imgur.com/8qivSD5.jpg

Selected item the text should likely be black/dark to make it easier to see against a white background

Addon Details -> http://i.imgur.com/hLHOIhs.jpg

The items you do not have selected, their text should likely be black/dark to make it easier to see against a white background

Keep up the amazing work on this Skin, it is by far the best Big Grin
Nice skin.. Smile
Little thing I miss is the amount of audio channels in the info.
jurialmunkey, first of all congratulation on great skin. Really nice work.

However i'm observing some wierd behavior. I have 0.34 from skin dev repo on 12.2. My hardware is Lenovo Q190 (celeron887, 2Gb RAM) running Win7. Skin became very slow and unresponsive when XBMC set to "use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen". Returning back to home screen from library could take up to 10 seconds and it look like slideshow not a fluid animation. Also those slide animation in settings are painfully slow. When i turn off "fullscreen window" skin became very fast and fluid as it should be on this hardware. I have installed Amber, Bello and Confluence on this system and i don't observe such behavior with those skins. CPU usage is very low with Arctic like 5-15%. Here's debug log of changing back and forth ""fullscreen window": http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51145
Well, the problem is that i prefer to use fullscreen window for a certain reasons. Any suggestions?
(2013-08-27, 04:23)bigbodiehard Wrote: On the Simplified Seek bar could you please add end time back otherwise great Job really clean and minimal.
It should still be there... can you show me a screenshot?

(2013-08-27, 08:08)Azake Wrote: Today I just wanna tell you: "Man, where are the damn donation button?" Smile I don't think you will get rich but I think you can buy some beer or coffee or whatever you like at least 1 or 2 times on the house Smile
I've added a pledgie donation button on the first page just for you! Wink

Thanks (in advance) for the donation. I really appreciate it! Big Grin

(2013-08-27, 11:12)blondeshanks Wrote: 1) an option to turn off the text overlay for items I add to the favourites section
2) on the video add-ons and program add-ons sections, add an option (maybe under the 'view options' from the slide-out panel) to remove text overlay from the icons
3) I like the minimalist approach to the OSD, with them being set at the top but I would like an option to see the minimalist progress bar at the bottom (at the same time) when I press 'OK' on my remote - as it is, I have to press 'OK' then go across to 'i' for the progress
1 & 2 -- Check latest git version. Option for favourites label in Skin Settings > General. Thumbs in View Options of addons.
3 -- You don't have to go all the way over to the "i" button, when on the osd controls you can just press up on your remote to show info and seekbar.

(2013-08-27, 20:56)marfa Wrote: Thansk jurialmunkey. Your suggestion about the way to get an approx view is perfect.
No problem Smile

(2013-08-27, 23:07)pentaflake Wrote: The items you do not have selected, their text should likely be black/dark to make it easier to see against a white background
Keep up the amazing work on this Skin, it is by far the best
Thanks. Fixed in latest git version. If you notice any others let me know.

(2013-08-27, 23:56)Marco275 Wrote: Nice skin.. Smile
Little thing I miss is the amount of audio channels in the info.
Yeah I was thinking about adding audio channels, just not quite sure whereabouts yet.

(2013-08-28, 00:00)relyter Wrote: jurialmunkey, first of all congratulation on great skin. Really nice work.

However i'm observing some wierd behavior. I have 0.34 from skin dev repo on 12.2. My hardware is Lenovo Q190 (celeron887, 2Gb RAM) running Win7. Skin became very slow and unresponsive when XBMC set to "use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen". Returning back to home screen from library could take up to 10 seconds and it look like slideshow not a fluid animation. Also those slide animation in settings are painfully slow. When i turn off "fullscreen window" skin became very fast and fluid as it should be on this hardware. I have installed Amber, Bello and Confluence on this system and i don't observe such behavior with those skins. CPU usage is very low with Arctic like 5-15%. Here's debug log of changing back and forth ""fullscreen window": http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=51145
Well, the problem is that i prefer to use fullscreen window for a certain reasons. Any suggestions?
That's really strange. Thanks for posting a debug log. I did catch a few minor errors from it that I have now fixed, but nothing that looked like it might be related to the issues you are having. For me, running in window mode is just as smooth as fullscreen, but my machine runs on linux. So the only thing I can think is that its maybe related to some win7 driver issue that just doesn't like those types of animations. I'm sorry I can't help you more. I'll have another look at the log and if I come up with anything I'll let you know
(2013-08-26, 08:58)sling Wrote: The app is fantastic, really something else. Keep up the good work.
I miss two things:
Scrolling text on the home page at movie info
And how can I stop the animation off pictures at music guide mode?
Thanks Big Grin

The plot text should autoscroll. There isn't really any way to add a scrollbar for manual scrolling without messing up the navigation.
You can turn off the fanart animation by turning off "Skin Settings > OSD > Animate artist slideshow".
Thanks jurialmunkey for the update and the advice regarding pressing up on the osd for the info.

One last thing... is there any way you could make the osd info screenshot fallback to landscape if there is no poster available? As it is, it crams the screenshot into a poster

Lastly, not sure this is a fault but the 'Get More' icon appears to be missing from the addons and programs applications section? It's just a black icon?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24