• 66(current)
[Archive] Arctic
Sharing can't hurt. Might as well post your mods that way people have a choice to use them or not. Also, jurail might really like them and use them. Copy/paste is way faster than starting from scratch Smile
(2014-01-07, 12:06)Trickass Wrote: I tried clicking the "Update" button in the movies view, but it jst doesn't do anyt The left menu stays open, and nothing seems to happen
I see it seems to be doing nothing, its supposed to update the library. Im away from home till Saturday but I will fix it once im back
(2014-01-07, 14:22)Lukas Wrote: I was wondering - are you planning to support touch/mouse later on?

Thank you again for you active development of this skin. I bought you a beer. :-)
Its a maybe at the moment. The big issue is the home screen, the current design simply can't accommodate the mouse because of an inability to have variable width buttons. I am, however, trying out a new homescreen style that should allow touch support.

Thanks for the donation! Really appreciate it!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-01-10, 00:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 12:06)Trickass Wrote: I tried clicking the "Update" button in the movies view, but it jst doesn't do anyt The left menu stays open, and nothing seems to happen
I see it seems to be doing nothing, its supposed to update the library. Im away from home till Saturday but I will fix it once im back

oke, thanks once again Jurial!

ps: same error seems to bw there for tv series.
(2014-01-09, 16:19)warlion Wrote: ok i will not share any mods just show you mine perhaps can inspire Jurailmonkey

cases
Cases were discussed many months ago. I dont like them personally and the general consensus was that they dont fit with the minimalist style of the skin, so they wont ever be going in. I like having an option to have bigger posters / remove labels for info strip - will be adding that in when im back home.

The main problem with mods is that this skin is under heavy development so adding mods will inevitably cause things to break as further updates come along and causes a nightmare support wise.

Also it would be appreciated if you could post links to the images rather than the actual images to keep the thread less bloated and more relevant to the actual skin - having images in the thread showing features that arent in the skin causes confusion. If you just post a link then people can still click it to see your mods but someone casually looking at the thread wont get confused and think it was some update they misssed etc
(2014-01-09, 16:19)warlion Wrote: ok i will not share any mods just show you mine perhaps can inspire Jurailmonkey

cases
Cases were discussed many months ago. I dont like them personally and the general consensus was that they dont fit with the minimalist style of the skin, so they wont ever be going in. I like having an option to have bigger posters / remove labels for info strip - will be adding that in when im back home.

The main problem with mods is that this skin is under heavy development so adding mods will inevitably cause things to break as further updates come along and causes a nightmare support wise.

Also it would be appreciated if you could post links to the images rather than the actual images to keep the thread less bloated and more relevant to the actual skin - having images in the thread showing features that arent in the skin causes confusion. If you just post a link then people can still click it to see your mods but someone casually looking at the thread wont get confused and think it was some update they misssed etc

(2014-01-07, 14:22)Lukas Wrote: I was wondering - are you planning to support touch/mouse later on?

Thank you again for you active development of this skin. I bought you a beer. :-)
Its a maybe at the moment. The big issue is the home screen, the current design simply can't accommodate the mouse because of an inability to have variable width buttons. I am, however, trying out a new homescreen style that should allow touch support.

Thanks for the donation! Really appreciate it!
(2014-01-10, 03:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
I like having an option to have bigger posters / remove labels for info strip - will be adding that in when im back home.

+1 Big Grin

Warlion was kind enough to advise me how to amend his mod so that the bigger posters and label removals were retained but the logo images were restored to the original position along the bottom. I felt that was more in keeping with your original concept and vision for the skin.

Jurial I read your response regarding DVD extras add-on being supported by Arctic. I've had it installed for a while and it works well with Aeon Nox in that the Extras option appears in the movie info screen to playback. I can't figure out how to access those extras in Arctic.

Am I missing something obvious?
Donated 13$. Been using this skin since the very beginning and i want to appreciate your hard work, thus I donated you some.
Keep up the good work JM.
@Kokonutcreme - there are two different addons - make sure it is the VIDEO EXTRAS addon http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras not the DVD EXTRAS one http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:DVD_Extras
My impression is that video extras is superseding dvd extras so I've only supported that one

@FREAKJAM - really appreciate it! Smile Smile Smile
(2014-01-06, 06:26)fr500 Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 02:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 01:12)Tripp Wrote: Just curious if any progress has been made to enlarge the fonts yet? I had to move to another skin since my new furniture has me further away from the TV. I miss this skin so much!
I've done some work on it - its usable, but not anywhere close to being polished. There are some alignment issues and places where text scrolls or is cut off -- I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do about some of these areas yet, I might have to go with slightly smaller fonts or condense them a bit.

If you want to try what I've done so far I'd appreciate feedback on whether the font sizes are big enough (or even better, if they can go smaller) -- keep in mind that not all areas have been changed, but most views, plots, osd, home menu and info screen have bigger fonts. I'm not going to move onto the other less prominent areas until I can get those ones looking right first.

If you overwrite the contents of skin.arctic/1080i/Font.xml with this http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xQgTNQZP
then restart xbmc, you should have an option for a "big" fontset in appearance options. I'd really appreciate some feedback on sizes.

(2013-12-30, 01:59)Nablamax Wrote: Tried that, home screen shows "loading" but doesn't show recent items or recommended/random items (everything activated in skin widgets). I'm on Frodo 12.3 and this used to work, can't remember when it stopped working.
I'm on 12.3 also, so its definitely working. On the panel home-screen the loading wheel displays when skin.widgets hasn't loaded yet, so my guess is its something wrong with the skin.widgets addon (rather than the skin). Does it work for other skins?

You could try manually deleting the service.skin.widgets folder from the addons folder and any of its saved packages in addons/packages/ (e.g. ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/service.skin.widgets-0.0.27.zip). Then restart xbmc and reinstall it. If you don't delete the packages when you uninstall or remove an addon, xbmc just uses the saved packages to reinstall it (rather than re-download) -- so if there was some problem with the package (e.g. a file was corrupted) then it will just cause the same problems because its using the same corrupted file. Its a long shot, but a possibility.

I have the recent items problem too lately... skin.widgets activated and reinstalled... dunno what happened

Solved!! had to delete skin settings for your skin from guisettings.xml
I use this skin for about 4 weeks now and it's my new standard skin for XBMC.
I'm very excited what the next months will bring of new features and improvements. Thanks for all your great work jurialmunkey!

After some weeks of testing I want to make the following notes:
1. Idea: An option to set the opacity for the background of the home screen.
2. Idea: An option to disable the text scrolling.
3. Idea: An option to disable the change of the first letter in the top bar.
4. Idea: An option to disable the black background when for example an YouTube stream is loading.
5. Idea: A new template for the menu icons to show the last added files.
6. Bug: When I had opened for example the Youtube addon, go back to the home screen and select "Movie => Files" I get to the YouTube addon again where I have to go one screen back to select the hard drive.
7. Bug: When I want to add a new sub menu icon and select "User defined" the mouse cursor is locked to the input field and I can't use the left/righ/up/down of my remote control to get to the virtual keyboard.
8. Bug: While watching a movie/stream and pressing O for technical information, some lines of this info are above each other. But it's perhaps only a problem in combination with Gotham.
9. Idea: Add the new option to configure the new Setting Level introduced with Gotham like descibes here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1588650

Have a great weekend and again thanks a lot.

Edit:
Regarding the Google Drive direct link, perhaps this might help:
http://www.labnol.org/internet/direct-li...ive/28356/
Hi guys, question... does Arctic support showing flags like 'web-dl' and 'hdtv' for sources on tv episode views?
Hi

Low-prio feature suggetion: an option to choose the default behaviour when pressing up arrow on the home screen. I rarely use the shortcuts, but always use the New Movies/New TV episodes panels. It would be a nice-to-have to be able to set panels as the default option, and have the shortcuts appear when pressing up arrow a second time. I do like the clean looking home screen, so I don't want to enable the panels to be always-on, which I know is possible.

Thnx!

Lukas
(2014-01-11, 19:00)namtih Wrote: 1. Idea: An option to set the opacity for the background of the home screen.
2. Idea: An option to disable the text scrolling.
3. Idea: An option to disable the change of the first letter in the top bar.
4. Idea: An option to disable the black background when for example an YouTube stream is loading.
5. Idea: A new template for the menu icons to show the last added files.
6. Bug: When I had opened for example the Youtube addon, go back to the home screen and select "Movie => Files" I get to the YouTube addon again where I have to go one screen back to select the hard drive.
7. Bug: When I want to add a new sub menu icon and select "User defined" the mouse cursor is locked to the input field and I can't use the left/righ/up/down of my remote control to get to the virtual keyboard.
8. Bug: While watching a movie/stream and pressing O for technical information, some lines of this info are above each other. But it's perhaps only a problem in combination with Gotham.
9. Idea: Add the new option to configure the new Setting Level introduced with Gotham like descibes here
1. You can change the opacity of the fade and the floor by altering the colour scheme you use in skin.arctic/colors -- there is Mod_Overlay_Dimfanart and Mod_Overlay_Floor -- the colour scheme files are in ARGB so the first two characters are the alpha channel in hex. Although this will change it skin wide. You can also turn off the fade for the simple homescreen only by adding the following to your guisettings.xml (in xbmc userdata folder) under the skinsettings section -- make sure you exit xbmc before modifying it as xbmc tries to overwrite it otherwise.
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>
2. Do you mean vertical scrolling for plots etc. or horizontal scrolling for labels that are too long? Turning off plot scrolling will be in eventually, but its a pretty tedious job to do (tracking down all the scrolling sections) and very low priority so its probably a long way off.
3. Can't really see this as being something that a lot of people would want and I'm trying to avoid adding too many additional options (there are already quite a few!) so unless a number of others request this then its going to be a no.
4. I'm guessing you are using the dark theme and talking about the fade overlay behind the loading panel -- answer is the same as 3.
5. There already is -- 'New Movies' or 'New TVShows' etc.
6. This is to do with xbmc not the skin
7. This is also to do with xbmc not the skin -- Enable "Settings > System > Input Devices > Remote control sends keyboard presses"
8. Probably to do with Gotham. Looks fine for me.
9. I will be starting proper Gotham work soon.

(2014-01-11, 20:58)mikkelnl Wrote: Hi guys, question... does Arctic support showing flags like 'web-dl' and 'hdtv' for sources on tv episode views?
No, not currently.

(2014-01-11, 21:14)Lukas Wrote: Low-prio feature suggetion: an option to choose the default behaviour when pressing up arrow on the home screen. I rarely use the shortcuts, but always use the New Movies/New TV episodes panels. It would be a nice-to-have to be able to set panels as the default option, and have the shortcuts appear when pressing up arrow a second time.
I know its not quite what you want but you can enable the "show submenu items on click" option in skin settings > home. With that on for the simple home, up goes straight to the widgets and clicking the category opens the submenu. This is what I use and I just set the first submenu item to the category.

I'm going to add an option soon that will disable the power menu (that you get by pressing down). Enabling that will change the navigation of simple home so that down opens the submenu and up opens the widget.
(2014-01-11, 23:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 21:14)Lukas Wrote: Low-prio feature suggetion: an option to choose the default behaviour when pressing up arrow on the home screen. I rarely use the shortcuts, but always use the New Movies/New TV episodes panels. It would be a nice-to-have to be able to set panels as the default option, and have the shortcuts appear when pressing up arrow a second time.
I know its not quite what you want but you can enable the "show submenu items on click" option in skin settings > home. With that on for the simple home, up goes straight to the widgets and clicking the category opens the submenu. This is what I use and I just set the first submenu item to the category.

I'm going to add an option soon that will disable the power menu (that you get by pressing down). Enabling that will change the navigation of simple home so that down opens the submenu and up opens the widget.

Show submenu on-click is sufficient for me indeed. I disabled that option when I first installed the skin and I forgot all about it. Thnx.
I do look forward to being able to turn off the down arrow menu; now that you mentioned it I realize I never use it.

Thnx again,

Lukas
Hello Jurial,

Keep it up mate Smile

I was wondering if u could add movie or tv show poster at OSD. See my screenshot
Skins: Arctic & 1080XF
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24