• 79(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2014-02-18, 15:03)vicmanpergar Wrote: Also, is there a way to set some transparency to the white spotlight overlay, or making other themes? (plasma tv user here).
Not really because the dark panel is behind it so it just makes it darker.

(2014-02-18, 16:37)hermy65 Wrote: @jurialmunkey - yes it does work in xperience1080
Did you try configuring the widgets -- > Settings > Skin > Home > Mage custom home items > Click on main menu item > Widget > Select Widget

(2014-02-18, 20:17)rskadk Wrote: 1) How to get that screen enabled by default when starting audio through airplay? (So i dont have to click "back")

2) The fanart displayed when playing music, is 2-5 different pictures no mather what music i play. The covers is okay. How can i get it to display fanart that match the currently playing music?
1. Its an xbmc thing, not really possible.
2. I think there is something wrong with the latest version of Artist Slideshow addon - I've noticed this too in the last few days.

(2014-02-19, 15:35)Branphma Wrote: would you mind adding scrolling text and extended info in wall view?
Extended info is not possible in wall view because the info is inside the list container and extended info only works outside of list containers.

(2014-02-19, 20:19)elmuziko Wrote: Just to pick your brain, I want some of the menus to have the sub and others not to. I've looked at GUIsettings.xml and can't find setfocus(82) in there. I'm guessing I'm looking at the wrong file but my windows index is being pants and won't find the term anywhere in appdata\roaming\xbmc
Sorry, my mistake it should be SetFocus(83) -- 82 is widgets

No need to edit files, it can all be done in the skin.

1. Go to Settings > Skin > Home and disable "open submenu on click"
2. Then go to Manage custom home items
3. Click the main menu item you want to open on click
4. Click Configure
5. Choose "custom" from all the preset items (its 4th from the bottom in the last column)
6. A keyboard pops up asking for the path -- set this to SetFocus(83)
7. Name it what you want
8. Just choose a random icon because main menu doesn't have icons anyway.

Repeat for each item you want to still open the submenu.

(2014-02-20, 02:15)filthycatbox Wrote: Thanks, I must have missed that post. I guess it will be fixed in a future release as it appears to suggest that it is intended to be customisable. Oh well, not a huge deal, but something that people keen on customisation will be looking for. It would be nice to be able to remove the weather display from the bottom left on the home screen too.
Its already there, you must just be doing something wrong.

1. Go to Settings > Skin > Home > Manage Custom Home Items
2. Click a main menu item
3. Choose backgrounds
4. Choose which one you want to customise
5. Choose either single or multi image (if you want to point to a folder of images instead)
6. Click on path and set the location of the file or folder you want
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks mate, I forgot I was using one of the Gotham nightlies which didn't allow me to select any other path. Thanks again, this has now become my regular skin. The new direction which BigNoid is taking with Nox seems to favour smaller displays and smoothness at the expense of customisation and aesthetic use of whitespace. I think this skin is almost there to appeal to those who feel the same. Which judging by other forum posts, is quite a few.

Oh, and I'd like to second the removal of the plus icon on each submenu Smile
Just wanted to post that I tried this skin out and liked it quite a lot. Very original but not in a way that makes it difficult to use.
(2014-02-16, 08:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 19:55)MBulli Wrote: 1. I find the animation of selected entry a little bit iterating when you scroll up and down.
2. I'm able to set multiple images as the background of the main menu, that's great. But I would like to set the image change timer much slower or even better: To change picture only when I select another menu entry.
I'm a bit wary of adding more options at this stage as they can get quite out of hand. Regarding 2, why not just set single images? You could edit Includes_WindowContent.xml and change the timer

Look for this part (around line 291):

And change the timeperimage to something bigger...

Thank you for that hint, I changed it to 10min and I like it Wink

It's just a personal preference that I want each menu to have multiple images but only change them if you switch the menu.
Hi jurialmonkey.

First of all: thanks for the exellent work you have done here, the skin is amazing. Fast, fluid and perfectly suited my use.
Been using it for quite a while now, and even though I try other skins once in a while, they never last ;-)

One thing I'm missing though is the codec information when playing media. In confluence I can press "O" and it'll show up during visualization, but I can't make it do that in arctic.

It might be an obscure feature that very few people use, but for an audioholic it's quite useful to determine bitrates/correct playback etc.

Other than that I can't find anything to change/add, the quality and support of this skin is world-class !
ynwa
Hey, I really, really like this skin. The views are excellent!

What I don't really like is the main menu view. The Menu itselve is, on my tv, too small. And, when playing music, there is reallx not much going on in this view. Is there any way to get artist slideshow start in the background then? Or to show the album cover, with a spinning cd, like it is in aeon nox? Or something like that? That would be awesome...

Another thing, in banner-list view when playing music, it would be very nice if the list item hightlights the actuall item playing, so the focus is moving down with every song i play of the album...!
This is an awesome skin, very unique. I just installed it on my Raspberry Pi Xbian installation. and it is running very smooth.
I would like to suggest the following:

1. Master User heading on home screen is too in your face. Should be reduced to a small font under the time display or give an option to hide it.
2. top part of the screen which is blank looks as if it is missing something.
3. another Darker version of Dark color choice. (was using Quartz before and would like to see darker option in this Skin)/

thanks for all the hard work. much appreciated.
just reinstalled my htpc and installed latest nightly.
Seems like arctic is listed as incompatible :'(
ynwa
(2014-02-22, 11:32)gekados Wrote: One thing I'm missing though is the codec information when playing media. In confluence I can press "O" and it'll show up during visualization, but I can't make it do that in arctic.
I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure codec info works for videos. Also you could try the "onscreen" version of the music osd (Settings > Skin > Audio OSD > Click "Information" and change to on-screen). It has codec / bit rate / sample rate etc. on bottom right of the info.

(2014-02-22, 13:12)Simon6785 Wrote: (1) What I don't really like is the main menu view. The Menu itselve is, on my tv, too small. And, when playing music, there is reallx not much going on in this view. Is there any way to get artist slideshow start in the background then? Or to show the album cover, with a spinning cd, like it is in aeon nox? Or something like that? That would be awesome...

(2) Another thing, in banner-list view when playing music, it would be very nice if the list item hightlights the actuall item playing, so the focus is moving down with every song i play of the album...!
1. There's no space for this when using panel view or the widgets are open on simple homescreen. Regarding font size -- you could try using the larger font set in Appearance settings.

2. Not possible - also what would happen if you are trying to select a new song and suddenly the focus jumps somewhere else.

(2014-02-22, 23:44)itvme Wrote: 1. Master User heading on home screen is too in your face. Should be reduced to a small font under the time display or give an option to hide it.
2. top part of the screen which is blank looks as if it is missing something.
3. another Darker version of Dark color choice. (was using Quartz before and would like to see darker option in this Skin)/
1. Settings > Skin > Home > Show profile image
2. The very top is reserved for notifications / now playing info / volume etc. etc. The middle part is for widgets -- Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items
3. If someone makes a darker colour scheme then I will include it.

(2014-02-23, 00:46)gekados Wrote: just reinstalled my htpc and installed latest nightly.
Strange, maybe an addon was marked as broken. You could try manually installing the git version into your xbmc addons folder and then restarting xbmc.
Jurialmunkey, will updates for Arctic continue?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@hoopsdavis - Yep. Maybe not as frequently as in the past (but that's also because I'm starting a Masters degree in March so my time is going to be very limited regardless) - however, since the major updates I made in Dec/Jan I've been pretty happy with where its at bar the few bugs and fixes that need to be made -- e.g. favourites star, some other background options, subtitles for Gotham. Getting all the configuration options for the home screen was the big thing I think. I'm going to try to set aside some time this week to fix some of the main issues that need fixing.
(2014-02-22, 11:32)gekados Wrote:
Quote:One thing I'm missing though is the codec information when playing media. In confluence I can press "O" and it'll show up during visualization, but I can't make it do that in arctic.

I'll look into it. I'm pretty sure codec info works for videos. Also you could try the "onscreen" version of the music osd (Settings > Skin > Audio OSD > Click "Information" and change to on-screen). It has codec / bit rate / sample rate etc. on bottom right of the info.

Yes, video info is there, but there are 2 overlapping lines in that one, not important to me though Smile

Quote:
(2014-02-23, 00:46)gekados Wrote: just reinstalled my htpc and installed latest nightly.
Strange, maybe an addon was marked as broken. You could try manually installing the git version into your xbmc addons folder and then restarting xbmc.

Yes, a manual install from git worked fine, thanks Smile
ynwa
(2014-02-23, 01:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: Strange, maybe an addon was marked as broken. You could try manually installing the git version into your xbmc addons folder and then restarting xbmc.

definitely something else going on, not on your side alone.
it hit a whole bunch of WIP skins that i had installed … no idea why, but they got all marked as incompatible …
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
Thanks jurialmunkey. I went through every single skin and settled on yours. Have a coffee on me! Rofl

I have a question about the skin. Is it possible to set the "Classic Info" view globally for sub-menus? I love that view - but have to manually change for every single page I load. If there's something I can do, that'd be awesome. Cheers!
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through 80 pages. I don't see any options for exit, shut down, hibernate, etc. do I have to add it? If so, how?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24