• 260(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-05-07, 01:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 19:50)thejayarr Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 01:35)ThorC1138 Wrote: [quote='mrpcpro' pid='1692680' dateline='1398553900']
Using Gotham there are some movie channels that don't continue to play, they always start at the beginning when I switch to them. So even if I go back 5 minutes later it starts at the beginning. Just reporting some issues in case no one else did.

cheers

mrpcpro

I had that problem as well, but I tracked it down to movies that had local subtitle tracks in the folder. Once I removed them, normal seek/resume playback worked. I haven't tried putting them back recently though, or moving them to another sub folder..

Does anybody have a solution for this issue that doesn't involve getting rid of all my subtitle files? I've tried moving them to sub-folders in each movie's individual folder, which didn't fix it, and then moving every .srt file to a single subtitles folder, which also didn't make a difference. I actually thought it had fixed it at first, because the first time I loaded PTVL up after that move, it started on a film that was halfway through, but then I changed to a different channel, enabled subtitles and went back to the previous channel to find that movie starting over again.

And a somewhat-related second question - is there a way of tweaking the ratio of tv shows to movies on mixed channels? I only just switched from the original PTV when I upgraded to Gotham, and it seems like my Animation channel has a lot more movies in the schedule than I'd like, especially when most of them keep starting from the beginning when I browse through to that channel.

I've been trying to figure out why this happens, It happens to me randomly... I'm usually to lazy to keep track of wither it's the same movie each time or what format the move is in...
If you can build a list and let me know if the problem is with one type of format this would help me narrow down the issue.

thanks

My issues were with primarily with mkv format which is what I burn most of my media as lately, but also with mp4's for sure, and I believe avi's. As far as subtitles, .sub and .srt extensions both caused it. It should be easy enough to replicate, you might get a few proper seek/resume playbacks initially, but it will reset soon enough after a couple channel changes.

I eventually just wrote a script to run that deleted all subtitle extensions, and ran that through media center master to remove all mine...sucked, but everything seeks proper now.
Does the Classic PTV skin not work? I can't launch PTVL when it is enabled. Just curious Smile
(2014-05-07, 02:05)ThorC1138 Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 01:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 19:50)thejayarr Wrote: Does anybody have a solution for this issue that doesn't involve getting rid of all my subtitle files? I've tried moving them to sub-folders in each movie's individual folder, which didn't fix it, and then moving every .srt file to a single subtitles folder, which also didn't make a difference. I actually thought it had fixed it at first, because the first time I loaded PTVL up after that move, it started on a film that was halfway through, but then I changed to a different channel, enabled subtitles and went back to the previous channel to find that movie starting over again.

And a somewhat-related second question - is there a way of tweaking the ratio of tv shows to movies on mixed channels? I only just switched from the original PTV when I upgraded to Gotham, and it seems like my Animation channel has a lot more movies in the schedule than I'd like, especially when most of them keep starting from the beginning when I browse through to that channel.

I've been trying to figure out why this happens, It happens to me randomly... I'm usually to lazy to keep track of wither it's the same movie each time or what format the move is in...
If you can build a list and let me know if the problem is with one type of format this would help me narrow down the issue.

thanks

My issues were with primarily with mkv format which is what I burn most of my media as lately, but also with mp4's for sure, and I believe avi's. As far as subtitles, .sub and .srt extensions both caused it. It should be easy enough to replicate, you might get a few proper seek/resume playbacks initially, but it will reset soon enough after a couple channel changes.

I eventually just wrote a script to run that deleted all subtitle extensions, and ran that through media center master to remove all mine...sucked, but everything seeks proper now.

I've checked this morning, and it's definitely an issue with all my formats - mkv, mp4 and avi, as long as they have a separate subtitle file. I've got plenty of files with built-in subtitles that don't misbehave at all.

I've also noticed that if you start PTVL and it's already on a channel that's halfway through a movie, it'll work as it should, but if you then change to a different channel and back, it'll restart from the beginning.
(2014-05-07, 09:47)ADHDMedia Wrote: Does the Classic PTV skin not work? I can't launch PTVL when it is enabled. Just curious Smile
I think that if u use xbmc skin that hasn't classic PTV skin u get an error.I tried confluence , metropolis and both worked.Transparency didn't.
Using custom now and it's working with the custom skin for the xbox one skin in using. Missing a few elements like current channel highlight and the scrubbing bar in the epg tho. Any ideas?
This could be a cool channel http://www.iflscience.com/space/eyes-ear...experiment
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hey, want to say thank you for the great plugin. But i think i found a small bug in the settings. The media_limit is missing the first value of 10.

Since i switched from raspbmc to openelec i've got a problem with special characters in the genres, too, but don't know if this is a problem by openelecs charset settings.
(2014-05-07, 21:10)shyper Wrote: Hey, want to say thank you for the great plugin. But i think i found a small bug in the settings. The media_limit is missing the first value of 10.

Since i switched from raspbmc to openelec i've got a problem with special characters in the genres, too, but don't know if this is a problem by openelecs charset settings.

Limit minimum is 25 by design. Can you send me a log showing your problem? Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-05-07, 22:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 21:10)shyper Wrote: Hey, want to say thank you for the great plugin. But i think i found a small bug in the settings. The media_limit is missing the first value of 10.

Limit minimum is 25 by design. Can you send me a log showing your problem? Thanks

Just looked into the Globals.py:
MEDIA_LIMIT = [10,25,50,100,250,500,1000,0]

and in settings.xml:
<setting id="MEDIA_LIMIT" label="30310" type="enum" values="25|50|100|250|500|1000|Unlimited" default="0"/>

Did a fresh download.
(2014-05-07, 22:45)shyper Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 22:31)Lunatixz Wrote:

Just looked into the Globals.py:
MEDIA_LIMIT = [10,25,50,100,250,500,1000,0]

and in settings.xml:
<setting id="MEDIA_LIMIT" label="30310" type="enum" values="25|50|100|250|500|1000|Unlimited" default="0"/>

Did a fresh download.

Typeo in globals, thanks for letting me know.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. If it is please redirect me cause I am terrible at finding things in forums.

I've read the first 3 posts and it offered no help on what I need done (unless I missed it). So here goes.
I want my local content (via FTP) to show up in channels like it did in the old PseudoTV (Channels like Animation, Comedy, FOX, etc...) but all I get upon launching the app are four livestream channels (one for BBC News which is useless for me as I live in Canada). I'm sorry if I missed it but I didn't see any instructions saying I had to configure channels. And not only that but when going to configure channels in app settings there is no option to choose TV Shows.

Sorry if I come across as rude, if I'm coming off this way it's only cause I've been at this for an hour and have been spazzing out trying to figure this out. What did you guys do to get local content to show up (local meaning content adding for manual selection via the TV Shows and Movies section of XBMC.).
go to autotune section in settings and pick what you want to autotune
Edit - NM I was doing it wrong. I think it should work now, thanks. Can't believe it was that simple.

Edit - Derp! Can't believe I missed that. Still the same 4 live tv youtube channels.

I looked and didn't see it, is it in the GUI or settings2.xml?
GUI there is autotune section it has a lot of options.
Thanks, I got it working. Now that it is working and I know a little more on using I'm glad the I upgraded. Glad that Lunatixz is still updating this.
  • 260(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45