• 36(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-05-21, 21:03)Reynald Wrote: I just update Refocus with Repo, and there is a small bug on the list view. When I descend down the list and I returned to the home, when I contains the list, the picture frame-nf is no longer available.
I've noticed this once or twice before but haven't been able to reproduce it consistently. That said, I think I know what might be causing it. Fixing it will require some resizing / repositioning in the list view though.

(2014-05-21, 23:45)samukas Wrote: I have one video add-on, that does not let me choose any View Type besides "List" on ReFocus. The same add-on allows me to choose among many other views in Confluence, including "Thumbnail" which is much more appealing for its content.
Is this something Skin related, or should I contact the add-on developer to work something out?

It's because the add-on does not provide a content-type (which isn't necessarily a bad thing to do). A bit hard to explain, but I tried here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1686771

Quote:I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but...
- Main menu, going into "TV Shows" and then to "In Progress"... I get the shows in progress. Good!
- Going back to Main Menu -> "TV Shows" -> "Browse"... It takes me back again to the shows in progress, instead of "all shows" and it takes me quite a few remote clicks to achieve that.

For Movies however, everything seems to be working. "In Progress" shows me those movies and "Browse" just shows me everything.

I get the same behaviour for both? Which is the way it should be as there's no difference in the way the respective windows are opened, code wise at least. Do you go back to home using back or by escape / exit?

Quote:Scrolling trough the "TV - All Channels" list (before actually selecting a channel and watch it), the green progress bars of the before a lot wider than they actually are. On my Mac it's almost unnoticeable, but on the lowered performant RaspPi it's easy to spot the green bars becoming bigger while scrolling. It's not a huge deal, just thought I could mention it.
I noticed this too. I'm not sure what is causing this. Code wise, the progress bars are the exact same size anywhere they are used in the PVR. I am (re)using a texture that is bigger than the size it is displayed at here. My guess is that while scrolling the texture needs to be resized for every line that is scrolled, and it can't keep up so to speak.
I'll look into it. The PVR window will be getting an overhaul in XBMC soon and I'm holding big changes until that happens. If it's an easy fix though I will put it into a Gotham bugfix release.

Quote:While playing a channel fullscreen and switching to another one through the list, the info bar overlaps the list. In Confluence, this bar does not pop up when the "All TV Channels" window is opened.
Confirmed, noted as bug.

Quote:In the TVShows widget, pressing "Enter" on a show will take you to the list of episodes of that show, which is nice.
With Movies, it starts playing the movie directly. It would be nice to be able to play the trailer before going into the movie. Maybe the "i" key could be mapped and show information of that movie? That would allow us to go watch the trailer, cast, etc...
That's not possible unfortunately. All key mapping (with the exception of direction buttons and back in some cases) is handled by XBMC internally. Buttons like info are only available in the actual library windows.

Quote:Last but not least, is it too late for me to help out with one translation?
Of course not, all help is appreciated. Details on how to join the translation team here

Quote:Not that that's out of the way, let me go to my couch and enjoy ReFocus a little more! Big Grin Thank you, once again!

Thanks for the reports and kind words. Enjoy Smile

(2014-05-22, 01:15)mortstar Wrote: Hey, I've put together a script-NextAired-TVGuide2.xml which matches the original TV Guide style but with the variables changed to fit the alternative week style offered in the newer versions of the addon. It's on my GitHub fork if you want to take a look and merge in to the skin if you see fit. The only other change I needed to make was to add some variables in to nextaired_Header.

Limitation is 'Yesterday' will be shown/hidden as set by user in the addon settings, however, the number of days shown is fixed at 7 days (not including 'Yesterday' data). Adding in the possible 15 days max would be pretty trivial but I think it clutters the page and looks better set at one week of data.

Heh, after postponing for weeks I actually did the same last week!.. I didn't include it yet because I didn't manage to get it to automatically give focus to the list (like the current original script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml too actually) and got frustrated Laugh

Seems your version doesn't have that problem. Nice work, could you open a PR for this?

I agree on the 15 days cluttering the screen but as there is an option in the add-on's settings for it I feel we should include it. I realise I am violating my own reasoning as there are options in the add-on to enable / disable fanart and other art type options that I am not conforming to, but I feel these things should be handled at skin level and not in the add-on.

But as you said, adding those in is trivial.

(2014-05-22, 04:30)Ds17 Wrote: Just updated 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 (is this not an automatic update?)
It should be automatic when you install through the repo add-on yes.

Quote:Reapplying my settings and noticed the option 'Enable media overlays' but can't seem to figure out what exactly it enables!

Sorry for such a silly question, but does anybody care to explain?
It enables the "now playing" overlays in the top right of the screen.

Quote:Also, I having trouble with conditional weather fanart. Is this feature supported in this skin?
What kind of trouble? Yes, it is supported.

(2014-05-22, 05:23)BigDaddyRal Wrote: I have a weird bug that I don't know if anyone else is facing. When video is playing, if I move the mouse or press "Enter" the small options box comes up in the center of the screen. and if I hit backspace to clear the box, XBMC freezes and needs to be force quit to close.

As I haven't seen anyone else report this problem, I don't know if it's only affecting me.
Could you be behind on updates? Although not exactly the same, this reminds me of the crash fix that was pushed a couple of days ago.

Quote:Secondly, and you may likely already be aware, I cannot update the skin in the current Gotham 13 beta 2.
I updated the skin through the repo add-on in Gotham beta 2 yesterday, what trouble are you experiencing?

Quote:Finally, while watching tv shows, hitting "i" still brings up the fanart on the bottom left but no logo imposed over it. The logo is there during movies however.
I noticed this recently too and pushed a fix for it, so it really sounds like your install is behind on updates. It is working for me on 1.1.2?
(2014-05-22, 07:53)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 23:45)samukas Wrote: I have one video add-on, that does not let me choose any View Type besides "List" on ReFocus. The same add-on allows me to choose among many other views in Confluence, including "Thumbnail" which is much more appealing for its content.
Is this something Skin related, or should I contact the add-on developer to work something out?

It's because the add-on does not provide a content-type (which isn't necessarily a bad thing to do). A bit hard to explain, but I tried here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1686771

Oh, I think I see what you mean. I'll play around with the add-on XML files then, see if I can find a content-type that works in this case. Cheers!

Quote:I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, but...
- Main menu, going into "TV Shows" and then to "In Progress"... I get the shows in progress. Good!
- Going back to Main Menu -> "TV Shows" -> "Browse"... It takes me back again to the shows in progress, instead of "all shows" and it takes me quite a few remote clicks to achieve that.

For Movies however, everything seems to be working. "In Progress" shows me those movies and "Browse" just shows me everything.

I get the same behaviour for both? Which is the way it should be as there's no difference in the way the respective windows are opened, code wise at least. Do you go back to home using back or by escape / exit?

I'm pretty sure that I'm using the back key, I'll have another look when I'm at home and maybe make a screencap of what I'm seeing as well.

Quote:Scrolling trough the "TV - All Channels" list (before actually selecting a channel and watch it), the green progress bars of the before a lot wider than they actually are. On my Mac it's almost unnoticeable, but on the lowered performant RaspPi it's easy to spot the green bars becoming bigger while scrolling. It's not a huge deal, just thought I could mention it.
I noticed this too. I'm not sure what is causing this. Code wise, the progress bars are the exact same size anywhere they are used in the PVR. I am (re)using a texture that is bigger than the size it is displayed at here. My guess is that while scrolling the texture needs to be resized for every line that is scrolled, and it can't keep up so to speak.
I'll look into it. The PVR window will be getting an overhaul in XBMC soon and I'm holding big changes until that happens. If it's an easy fix though I will put it into a Gotham bugfix release.

Yes, that was what I thought as well when I saw it, especially with the RaspPi, it couldn't keep up.

Quote:In the TVShows widget, pressing "Enter" on a show will take you to the list of episodes of that show, which is nice.
With Movies, it starts playing the movie directly. It would be nice to be able to play the trailer before going into the movie. Maybe the "i" key could be mapped and show information of that movie? That would allow us to go watch the trailer, cast, etc...
That's not possible unfortunately. All key mapping (with the exception of direction buttons and back in some cases) is handled by XBMC internally. Buttons like info are only available in the actual library windows.

Got it! So it's not possible to map the button...
Is it possible though to make it open that info screen after pressing the OK key, instead of playing it?
Not saying that this is something you'd like to do, just wondering if it's technically possible Smile

Quote:Reapplying my settings and noticed the option 'Enable media overlays' but can't seem to figure out what exactly it enables!
Sorry for such a silly question, but does anybody care to explain?
It enables the "now playing" overlays in the top right of the screen.

Not my question originally, but I'm also wondering what this is while translating the skin strings.
Do you mean the "notifications" that might pop up while watching a video? I can't remember if that's something XBMC-wide or skin related, now.
Or is it some sort of message that appears on the home screen only?
(2014-05-22, 13:35)samukas Wrote:

Got it! So it's not possible to map the button...
Is it possible though to make it open that info screen after pressing the OK key, instead of playing it?
Not saying that this is something you'd like to do, just wondering if it's technically possible Smile

Not that I know of, but the method used to display these widgets is still relatively new. I except more possibilities like that in XBMC 14.

Quote:Not my question originally, but I'm also wondering what this is while translating the skin strings.
Do you mean the "notifications" that might pop up while watching a video? I can't remember if that's something XBMC-wide or skin related, now.
Or is it some sort of message that appears on the home screen only?

It's what you see in the top right here:
Quote:Also, I am having trouble with conditional weather fanart. Is this feature supported in this skin?
What kind of trouble? Yes, it is supported.

Thanks for the replies.
I'm using the weather fanart pack featured here and it's just showing the fallback images instead of the relevant conditional backgrounds.
I have tried this pack with confluence & aeon nox 5, both of which work fine.
Ah I see what the problem is now.

Please open MyWeather.xml and change line 22 from:

PHP Code:
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(fanart.weather.path)]/$INFO[Current.FanartCode]</imagepath

to

PHP Code:
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(fanart.weather.path)]/$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath

I'll include this fix in the next Gotham update.
Thanks for the fix.

I had to perform the 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 update 'manually' by uninstalling 1.1.1 then installing 1.1.2.
No update option was available in add-on settings and it didn't trigger automatically (as per usual).
I have installed via repo too.
Any ideas on that?
Try force refreshing the repo

(2014-05-22, 18:59)Jeroen Wrote: Try force refreshing the repo

I'll keep that in mind for the next update, thanks.
(2014-05-22, 05:23)BigDaddyRal Wrote: I have a weird bug that I don't know if anyone else is facing. When video is playing, if I move the mouse or press "Enter" the small options box comes up in the center of the screen. and if I hit backspace to clear the box, XBMC freezes and needs to be force quit to close.

As I haven't seen anyone else report this problem, I don't know if it's only affecting me.
Could you be behind on updates? Although not exactly the same, this reminds me of the crash fix that was pushed a couple of days ago.

Quote:Secondly, and you may likely already be aware, I cannot update the skin in the current Gotham 13 beta 2.
I updated the skin through the repo add-on in Gotham beta 2 yesterday, what trouble are you experiencing?

Quote:Finally, while watching tv shows, hitting "i" still brings up the fanart on the bottom left but no logo imposed over it. The logo is there during movies however.
I noticed this recently too and pushed a fix for it, so it really sounds like your install is behind on updates. It is working for me on 1.1.2?

I am definitely behind on updates, however XBMC 13.1 beta 2 won't allow me to upgrade through your repo, it says "incompatible" next to the skin. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the skin and the various script dependencies without luck and I even manually deleted the folders for those various items in the "addons" folder without luck.

I was able to copy the latest git push to the "addons" folder and access the skin that way, but I can't install the repo version. And I verified in the latest version that the logo shows up for TV Shows. I'll be using this version for now.

Anyway, if I'm the only one on 13.1b2 that can't get the skin from the repo, maybe it is something wrong with my installation.

Thanks for the reply.
Check if there's refocus zip files in your addons/packages folder. If so, get rid of those.

If you get an "incompatible" message the only thing I can think of is that you downloaded a zip from Git that has commits for Helix in it. In the skin's addon.xml it would say:

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.0.2"/>

instead of

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.0.1"/>

I don't recommend installing zips downloaded from Git at the moment.
Quick question about Github. I see there was a Gotham branch, but now it is gone. I know some of your fixes are starting towards Helix already so just wondering what we should be pulling from for each version? Per some previous posts I had thought "master" would be cutting edge, ie helix, and then Frodo and Gotham would remain as separate branches - with fixes being pushed to Gotham as needed.

Just want to make sure I'm pulling from the right place and not getting incompatible changes. Thanks!
Yeah I have been going back and forth a bit, trying to find a workflow I feel comfortable with. Up till now I always had just one branch and maybe set up one temporary branch to try out things first.

I think for now I will keep master as the main gotham compatible branch (ahead of stable updates) and maybe create a compatible one for each stable update.

I will keep Helix work separate in development for now as the changes so far are small, but they all break compatibility.
I appreciate all the hard work you put into this project. I'm loving your skin. Keep it up!

You did a great job by putting in vertical scrolling for the PVR info bar at the bottom of the screen. I couldn't help notice that it only scrolls down once before showing the last two lines of text forever. Is it possible to wait for a few seconds and then reset the scroller to start at the top again? Or make it loop around in such a way that the first line is shown after the last... That would really Finnish it off.

Oh, I might have found another bug...
I've created a custom item under video in the home menu. I used the "select a folder" for the custom item type. The folder is on a samba share. The custom menu item works as expected the first time but after a while, I'm not sure when, or what is causing it, the custom menu item stops working, it simply stops navigating. I've re-created the custom menu item two times now, every time it stops working pretty fast. I'm curious if you or someone else is having the same experience?

Thanks again for this great skin.
(2014-05-24, 23:15)gcmvanloon Wrote: I appreciate all the hard work you put into this project. I'm loving your skin. Keep it up!

You did a great job by putting in vertical scrolling for the PVR info bar at the bottom of the screen. I couldn't help notice that it only scrolls down once before showing the last two lines of text forever. Is it possible to wait for a few seconds and then reset the scroller to start at the top again? Or make it loop around in such a way that the first line is shown after the last... That would really Finnish it off.

The scrolling should repeat, but you're right, it doesn't.
I've tested some things and I'm pretty sure this is an XBMC issue. Bug report submitted, cheers!

Quote:Oh, I might have found another bug...
I've created a custom item under video in the home menu. I used the "select a folder" for the custom item type. The folder is on a samba share. The custom menu item works as expected the first time but after a while, I'm not sure when, or what is causing it, the custom menu item stops working, it simply stops navigating. I've re-created the custom menu item two times now, every time it stops working pretty fast. I'm curious if you or someone else is having the same experience?

Thanks again for this great skin.

By "stops working" what do you mean exactly? Do you mean you can't navigate to the specific menu entry in the home menu anymore, as in not being able to reach it? Or does selecting the custom menu item not load the appropriate target anymore?

I am using all three custom spots in the video menu and I am not experiencing a problem with anyone.
Please provide a step by step way to reproduce it so I can make sure we are testing the same thing.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying reFocus.
Quote:Oh, I might have found another bug...

Jeroen I had this bug there are several time, a correction was made. May be t he need an updated version of refocus?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14