• 311(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I've noticed that directory channels play videos in alphanumeric order. Is there any way to make these randomize?
(2014-06-14, 18:47)inaudibledirge Wrote: I've noticed that directory channels play videos in alphanumeric order. Is there any way to make these randomize?

usually it is random, I accidentally left it disabled in last build... next update will have random enabled for directory channels. If you ever desire it in order use the "show in order" advanced rule...

::Update::
Donor login's delayed till Monday afternoon, really to busy to get them out this weekend...

::Feedback::
I really hate that user have to run autotune to update some features like "community lists" and any other future features...
There really isn't a smart way to update the channels without possibly messing up a users configured channels....

What I propose is reserving channels, I'll limit user channels to 1-500 and reserve the other 499 channels for self updating channels. Before I make any changes I would like to here from the users...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-06-14, 20:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-14, 18:47)inaudibledirge Wrote: I've noticed that directory channels play videos in alphanumeric order. Is there any way to make these randomize?

usually it is random, I accidentally left it disabled in last build... next update will have random enabled for directory channels. If you ever desire it in order use the "show in order" advanced rule...

Donor login's delayed till Monday afternoon, really to busy to get them out this weekend...

I really hate that user have to run autotune to update some features like "community lists" and any other future features...
There really isn't a smart way to update the channels without possibly messing up a users configured channels....

What I propose is reserving channels, I'll limit user channels to 1-500 and reserve the other 499 channels for self updating channels. Before I make any changes I would like to here from the users...

Sounds like a great idea

That could save the trouble for some people. For me, I don't really care one way or the other. I just run PTVL like a zombie. The only requirement for me is that it works.
I

I currently use 700+ to match our carriers programming for live tv. This is not something that I would like.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
That being said. You are the dev, so it's up to you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-06-14, 21:12)bigsteel99 Wrote:

Sounds like a great idea
+1

Sounds like a good way of doing it. Personally id like to use some of the autotune features but since they wipe out my user configured channels, I never use them. If this would allow for both user generated channels and autotuned channels to be used together that would be great.
(2014-06-14, 20:09)Lunatixz Wrote: What I propose is reserving channels, I'll limit user channels to 1-500 and reserve the other 499 channels for self updating channels. Before I make any changes I would like to here from the users...

Please do this.
Ok this is part off topic and part on topic as it relates to PTVL. My cable company is going to switch to all digital in 5 days and I went out picked up a DTA box from the cableco. This converts digital signals to analog signals so it can be used with older TVs. I have my old WinTV 950q which is able to tune ntsc analog. I never used XBMC for live tv so I guess this is my chance to do this and integrate this with PTVL. So here are my questions:

WinTV 950q + DTA box + XBMC

Do I need IR Blaster?

Can my android phone using Yatse work?

Can someone point me to a forum on the net or here at XBMC? I don't know where I can go for answers.

Sorry if this is not the place for this question, but I rather ask here cuz some of you are using LiveTV features with PTVL.
(2014-06-15, 02:17)pharmeceutikle Wrote: Ok this is part off topic and part on topic as it relates to PTVL. My cable company is going to switch to all digital in 5 days and I went out picked up a DTA box from the cableco. This converts digital signals to analog signals so it can be used with older TVs. I have my old WinTV 950q which is able to tune ntsc analog. I never used XBMC for live tv so I guess this is my chance to do this and integrate this with PTVL. So here are my questions:

WinTV 950q + DTA box + XBMC

Do I need IR Blaster?

Can my android phone using Yatse work?

Can someone point me to a forum on the net or here at XBMC? I don't know where I can go for answers.

Sorry if this is not the place for this question, but I rather ask here cuz some of you are using LiveTV features with PTVL.

you should move this discussion some where else does not relate to PTVL...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Happy father's day to all the fathers out their
(2014-06-08, 20:27)stickemup Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 20:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 19:43)Dec64 Wrote: Same here, I never could make pseudotv run. Also i dont even know what this add on do

I bought a firetv about a month ago... still haven't played with it past installing xbmc. But I do plan to support full firetv functions including app launching.

Did you see anything that sticks out to you in the log? Shouldn't it work just like it does on other android devices or ios?

I noticed auto-tuning freezes up the initial channel load too when using local directories. I found it's a little more reliable if you just create a settings2.xml the old-fashioned way.....Obviously, it's not the same horsepower in the FireTV as my laptop's instance of PTVL, so I had to modify my original settings2.xml with MUCH less channels - like the basic USTVNOW channels and 3 playlist channels (100-200 files in each playlist). Even then, it crawls along on the initial channel restart, but at least it gets going in under 5 minutes.

If anyone's interested in tinkering, but doesn't know the file structure, what I did was saved a settings2.xml file to my sdk/platform-tools folder (if you have the XBMC app on your FireTV, then you already downloaded this) and then I ran the following adb push from the cmd prompt:

>adb push settings2.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live

I'm looking forward to Luna's foray into supporting FireTV sometime in the future, but in the meantime, this gets me by as a supplemental way of getting PTVL. Hope this helps others!
Youtube videos always start from beginning when changing channels or after reopening program. Iv set youtube rule to pause when not watching and resume after switching channel. Please tell me whats wrong. Thanks
got a question is f.t.v a donor exclusive option?
or can i manualy put it's streams in and if so wtch catagory should i useHuh
because ftv guide is a lot down and the interface is not as good as yours and hosting a xmltv file isn't my strongest point so a litlle help needed
  • 311(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45