• 9(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-03-24, 17:54)Stereodude Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 15:58)popcornmix Wrote: ISO is coming. We can play MVC from a (mounted) ISO file using the command line omxplayer:
https://github.com/deborah-c/omxplayer/tree/mvc_hack

so we know it's possible. Just need to plumb it in to kodi.
What about BD menus?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213352
Kodi 15 is shaping up to be a major upgrade.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-03-24, 17:42)Milhouse Wrote: If you've got a "dedicated" room with enough amplification and speakers for Atmos, would you really be using a $35 player?

Good question..

The problem is not the price,there's no player out there that can support everything requested in this thread,that's why most of us are looking for other option..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
HiMedia Q5 4K and RPi2 now come pretty damn close to doing "everything" as stated in this thread. With former, you give up perfect 23.976 and forced subs; with latter, assuming ISO is added as expected, you give up your AVR doing the HD audio decoding (instead letting Pi do it).
My HT
(2015-03-24, 19:29)movie78 Wrote: The problem is not the price,there's no player out there that can support everything requested in this thread,that's why most of us are looking for other option..

Yep, which is fine, it's just that based on some of the comments it seems that unless the $35 Pi comes with ponies it's never going to be good enough for some people.

It's bloody amazing that a $35, essentially disposable, computer designed for education does what it does at all. It should be a surprise that it's actually being considered for a "dedicated" room, rather than criticise it as not being suitable (because it lacks support for the latest niche multi-channel sound format).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-24, 18:38)hdmkv Wrote: Kodi 15 is shaping up to be a major upgrade.

Whys that?
You know more of upcoming features?
No, I'm just saying that RPi's 3D and HD audio decode features are part of Kodi 15, as is the work on BD menus.
My HT
There are other great upcoming features too, like skip steps.

http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-alpha-1-road-to-isengard/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
for a bedroom machine the pi looks like it will do all the decoding to 2 channel for me and play blu-ray rips. Can't wait.

Also looking forward to see what the sheild can do.
(2015-03-24, 16:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 16:22)dchabby Wrote: this is on a pi1 (B+) and I don't think it is overclocked so will have to do that and try again. And I am not sure what you mean by a tuned NFS network so I will look into that as well as I just use SMB.

Would it play better if it played off of a usb drive instead of over the network ?

Yes, performance is generally better from a USB drive than over network.
NFS performance is generally better than SMB.
By tuned NFS, I mean that manually mounting the NFS share from the OS and finding the best values for parameters like rsize, and trying udp and tcp. See here.
Overclock is pretty critical on Pi1 for good performance. Pi2 it's much less important.

so I overclocked my pi1 to turbo mode and am still getting buffering over my smb network and also when playing off a usb3 usb drive.

quickly looked into nfs shares but seems like it isn't easy on a windows 8.1 desktop.

is there an easy way to set up nfs shares ?
(2015-03-24, 23:18)hdmkv Wrote: No, I'm just saying that RPi's 3D and HD audio decode features are part of Kodi 15, as is the work on BD menus.

Hi,
Can i ask you a favour?
Im having this problem with kodi... Its on windows version, as with openelec... So its cross platform.
However i dont have the issue with tmt 6
Im even considering a pi 2 to get rd of the issue.

The issue is this:
A full 3d iso mvc, played in kodi as 2d! It plays fine until some point it just stops playing and jumps to kodi main menu.
Movies that way are unwatcheable.

Willing to test this in a non 3d mvc capable player?
Play the 3d iso mvc as 2d in kodi (not using external player)
Then report

Then after.. Use himedia player (you can jump to scene) using external and report
Then once rpi2 has support, try the same scene.

If u want an example: captain america 2 full 3d iso... The scene on the highWay with lots of action, when black widow jumps off the highway
Sure, no problem. Ripping that very title as I write this. Will test about 5-10 minutes of the scene you mention via ISO version on Fire TV and on HiMedia Q5, then MVC MKV version on RPi2. I've been meaning to test how action-packed scenes with high bitrate peaks perform on RPi2, especially as it appears to cap out at about 60-70Mbps. Will use SMB, but if I see stutter, try NFS.
My HT
Just remember to Overlock the RPi's GPU a wee bit for MVC...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1965399

Should I edit config.txt and copy/paste the following exactly (what you shared earlier)?

Code:
################################################################################​
# Overclocking settings
# WARNING: Do not change/enable if you do not know what you are doing!
#          The System may become unstable or you can have data corruption or
#          you can loose your warranty if you set wrong settings
#
# please read: http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt#Overclocking_configuration
################################################################################​

# Overclock mode settings.
#
# default recommended values are: arm_freq | core_freq | sdram_freq | over_voltage
# no overclocking               :    700   |    250    |    400     |      0
# mode 'Modest'                 :    800   |    300    |    400     |      0
# mode 'Medium'                 :    900   |    333    |    450     |      2
# mode 'High'                   :    950   |    450    |    450     |      6
# mode 'Turbo'                  :   1000   |    500    |    500     |      6

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6

# set to 'force_turbo=1' to disable dynamic overclocking (you can lose your warranty!)
  force_turbo=1

# If you have any data corruption using Turbo Mode and overclocking
# try with this setting uncommented
# If this still fails, try to use Medium mode without "over_voltage=2"
# If it ultimately keeps failing, forget about this until it gets fixed
# Use a more conservative mode that will works fine in any cases:
# initial_turbo=30
My HT
(2015-03-26, 14:04)hdmkv Wrote: Should I edit config.txt and copy/paste the following exactly (what you shared earlier)?

Start testing without. With default settings I watched Gravity and Guardians of the Galaxy without any drops.
Edge of Tomorrow did have occasional drops. A small increase to h264_freq fixed that, but I'm hoping we also fix that with an update that increases the cabac buffer size.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17