• 72(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Wondering if i can use "favourited" android apps as a widget. I would like PROGRAMS menu to display favourites widget, Have tried the normal way and also creating a custom widget with ActivateWindow(Favourites) but doesn't work. I downloaded and installed from repo and then installed latest github build on top and still the same. Thanks.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2015-04-02, 19:51)rasPI2 Wrote: By the Way: Could you please tell me how to change the standard picture in Live TV (the fancy guy [hope that ain´t you] sitting in front of that super posh flat with this ~ 380 inch screen)?
Cheers! Enjoy your Amber...
Thanks. Nope that's definitely not me Wink

You would have to use the github version because otherwise its compressed into a textures file. On the github version its in
skin.arctic.zephyr/media/pvr/background.jpg
[/quote]

> ah, okay, could I just install the ZIP from github over the existing installation (so i wont loose all my settings)?
sorry, i am pretty much a noob to linux and stuff...
(2015-02-19, 23:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 7. You could add a custom widget -- set it at Skin Settings > Widgets > Custom Widget and then add as a widget to the menu item you want
Use the following path:
Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies+recentepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]$INFO[Window.Property(recentepisodes)]

You can replace the randommovies and recentepisodes parts with a combo of random/recent/recommended and movies/episodes (e.g. recommendedmovies or randomepisodes)

So I'm finally getting around to trying to implement this concept from back in post #403 in this thread. I've gone ahead and created a Custom Widget (Custom 1) using the above syntax, using randommovies and randomepisodes. To implement this, I can see how to do this for individual custom menu item actions (like within "Movies", "TV Shows", etc), but how would I go about implementing this onto the Home Screen "Spotlight"?

I'm also trying to change the title of the Home Screen from "Home" to "DruFlix". I've added the following line of code to the guisettings.xml file, within <skinsettings>:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.arctic.zephyr.home.headertext">DruFlix</setting>

, but the header text is still displaying "Home". What would be the correct syntax to update this?[/code]
Photo 
(2015-04-04, 13:49)siu99ss2 Wrote: Kodi 14.2; Windows 7 Pro 64; AFTV

Hi Jurial, I'm very new to Kodi but have been totally blown away by the slickness of this skin.

I just a few questions (couldn't find anwsers in this thread):-

1. Is it possible to edit context menus, specifically hide or delete choices like eg manage etc?

2. I've added the favourites shortcut (found in common section) and then selected the favourites widget but no favourites items are showing in the widget (classic style) but show when I click into the shortcut. Not sure what else I need to do here?

3. Love the overall design concept of this skin. But I was wondering if there could be an option to replace the pop-up menus (when pressing down) with a submenu that appears below the main menu items (screenshot attached). Apologies if this is a stupid idea!!

Thanks again for this awesome skin Smile

1. not possible, that's handled by kodi.

3. already implemented. go to skin settings > home > use horizontal submenu.
(2015-04-04, 13:49)siu99ss2 Wrote: 3. Love the overall design concept of this skin. But I was wondering if there could be an option to replace the pop-up menus (when pressing down) with a submenu that appears below the main menu items (screenshot attached). Apologies if this is a stupid idea!!

You can also edit the sub menu items (labels, actions) within Settings --> Skin Settings --> Home --> Customize home menu --> Item Selection --> Sub Menu, for each menu item
@furii - Thanks. Must have been through settings a couple of dozens times and never spotted that option Smile

@DruTheFu - Yes I've started to play about with the loads of options available. I renamed all my submenus and then discovered movie and tv hubs! Fantastic idea!!

Thanks both for the quick replies Smile
@jurialmunkey

1. An option would be nice to display the header only when playback is on (for now playing layer)
2. When the widget is hide (empty) u cant press up to show the hole screen, maybe its a bug maybe not..
(2015-04-03, 02:16)rsoares Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 22:37)rsoares Wrote: help please
20:32:33 T:1679959072 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/wallpaper/evening_in_westerland-wallpaper-3840x2160.jpg
20:32:33 T:1679959072 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/wallpaper/splash (1).png
20:32:34 T:1477440544 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/wallpaper/Quit.jpg
20:32:35 T:1510994976 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/wallpaper/splash (1).png
thanks
Anyone know why this happend in background img ? sometimes the raspberry pi restart when i change de menu bar, i think is because of this.
Unlikely to be a skin issue.

(2015-04-03, 03:10)Veronica Wrote: Wondering if i can use "favourited" android apps as a widget. I would like PROGRAMS menu to display favourites widget, Have tried the normal way and also creating a custom widget with ActivateWindow(Favourites) but doesn't work. I downloaded and installed from repo and then installed latest github build on top and still the same. Thanks.
Do they work from within the favourites window?

Use the built in favourites widget from Customise Home > Select Widget > Favourites
If the favourites widget is not displaying anything then you probably dont have script.favourites installed.
Get Addons > All Addons > Helper Addons > Favourites script

(2015-04-03, 12:10)rasPI2 Wrote: > ah, okay, could I just install the ZIP from github over the existing installation (so i wont loose all my settings)?
sorry, i am pretty much a noob to linux and stuff...
You wont lose settings because they are stored elsewhere.
You would need to delete the skin.arctic.zephyr folder first from the addons directory and then extract the zip from github there. If you just install over the top then the textures file will still exist and kodi will just take the textures from there rather than the media folder.

(2015-04-03, 16:16)DruTheFu Wrote: So I'm finally getting around to trying to implement this concept from back in post #403 in this thread. I've gone ahead and created a Custom Widget (Custom 1) using the above syntax, using randommovies and randomepisodes. To implement this, I can see how to do this for individual custom menu item actions (like within "Movies", "TV Shows", etc), but how would I go about implementing this onto the Home Screen "Spotlight"?

I'm also trying to change the title of the Home Screen from "Home" to "DruFlix". I've added the following line of code to the guisettings.xml file, within <skinsettings>:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.arctic.zephyr.home.headertext">DruFlix</setting>

, but the header text is still displaying "Home". What would be the correct syntax to update this?[/code]
Neither of these things are possible without editing skin xml files.
Adding a different widget to the spotlight selector is complex.
Header text is contained in the MainHeaderLabel variable in 1080i/Includes_Furniture.xml

(2015-04-04, 13:49)siu99ss2 Wrote: 2. I've added the favourites shortcut (found in common section) and then selected the favourites widget but no favourites items are showing in the widget (classic style) but show when I click into the shortcut. Not sure what else I need to do here?
I think you might be missing script.favourites
Settings > Addons > Get Addons > All Addons > Helper Addons > Favourites Script

(2015-04-04, 22:35)magy77 Wrote: @jurialmunkey

1. An option would be nice to display the header only when playback is on (for now playing layer)
2. When the widget is hide (empty) u cant press up to show the hole screen, maybe its a bug maybe not..
1. I dont have much free time at the moment, but I do have a now playing notification idea for the home screen that will go in eventually.
2. I cant reproduce this... what are your settings for Classic or New widgets? Replace fanart? Slideshow path set?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I'm tying to be aware not to deluge you with questions / feature requests, as you do a fantastic job of replying to everyone's posts and must be very busy already. However I was just wondering, does ExtendedInfo allow pulling through of IMDB reviews? I noticed movie reviews mentioned on their XML list (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558) and immediately got very excited as that's a feature I've hoped for for ages.

Is that something that would technically be possible, or have I misunderstood the functionality? It'd be great if the movie info dialog had a reviews tab that pulled in the latest reviews. If it is possible but you are too busy to implement it I'd be happy to have a try and then submit a pull request.

Thanks again (and thanks for your response about global search - works great!)
(2015-04-02, 01:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 19:42)Razze Wrote: Where are the ongoing episodes from? I would like to hide specials
library data provider

Thanks!
As library data provider doesn't have an option for that, I've gone ahead and added one in this PR:
https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...er/pull/31
(2015-04-01, 06:57)nickr Wrote: When you change the filename, the exsiting library entry in the database will still point to the old file name, so yes I would delete it from the library and rescrape.

This file gets the specs on my setup:

/mnt/movies/Gravity (2013)/Gravity (2013).3d.HTAB.1080p.mkv

I feel it would look better if the movie plot faded in to the background rather than cut off when scrolling.
(2015-04-06, 00:06)mkvelidadon Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 06:57)nickr Wrote: When you change the filename, the exsiting library entry in the database will still point to the old file name, so yes I would delete it from the library and rescrape.

I feel it would look better if the movie plot faded in to the background rather than cut off when scrolling.

Actually in this view there is room for the plot widget to be bigger, there is a large whitespace below it. The very narrow scrolling window is IMHO annoying. The font is a bit small too. Make it bigger, and bump the font size. All IMHO of course.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I agree I upped the font size and am trying to work out how to adjust the size of the scrolling text boxs here and on the home screen library shortcuts. Not a fan of narrow view scrolling text either... The text size is fine at 2 feet on pc monitor but bit small across the room on a tv.
(2015-04-06, 00:22)nickr Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 00:06)mkvelidadon Wrote:

Actually in this view there is room for the plot widget to be bigger, there is a large whitespace below it. The very narrow scrolling window is IMHO annoying. The font is a bit small too. Make it bigger, and bump the font size. All IMHO of course.

Jurialmunkey:

Can you share with us how we can make the plot 4 rows instead of 2 and still scroll if necessary?

Thanks
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37